• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

I sent mine to the POBox on the 30th , the notice was left for them at 10 am the 1st and picked and signed by R. Mercado and 2 pm same day. So I guess PO box is fine.
Just curious to know. Did you guys send your package to the P.O. Box address or the street address? Thanks.

This is my tracking information for experss email to 'USCIS 131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517'

Delivered, October 04, 2010, 11:42 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603
Notice Left, October 04, 2010, 11:02 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603
Notice Left, October 02, 2010, 11:36 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603
Arrival at Unit, October 02, 2010, 11:33 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
Processed through Sort Facility, October 02, 2010, 6:56 am, CHICAGO, IL 60701
Processed through Sort Facility, October 01, 2010, 3:43 pm, OAKLAND, CA 94615
Processed through Sort Facility, October 01, 2010, 1:15 pm, PLEASANTON, CA 94566
Acceptance, October 01, 2010, 10:15 am, DUBLIN, CA 94568

Did you use USPS Express Mail or Fedex/UPS? Thanks.

This is my tracking information for experss email to 'USCIS 131 South Dearborn – 3rd Floor Chicago, IL 60603-5517'

Delivered, October 04, 2010, 11:42 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603
Notice Left, October 04, 2010, 11:02 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603
Notice Left, October 02, 2010, 11:36 am, CHICAGO, IL 60603
Arrival at Unit, October 02, 2010, 11:33 am, CHICAGO, IL 60604
Processed through Sort Facility, October 02, 2010, 6:56 am, CHICAGO, IL 60701
Processed through Sort Facility, October 01, 2010, 3:43 pm, OAKLAND, CA 94615
Processed through Sort Facility, October 01, 2010, 1:15 pm, PLEASANTON, CA 94566
Acceptance, October 01, 2010, 10:15 am, DUBLIN, CA 94568

sent!

Package sent and received.

I have a feeling that I forgot something, but that's ok, coz I am paranoiac anyway:)

Thanks for the suggestions.Are there any other responses? I am very confused:(

My thoughts are:
1. It might take 2-3 months for you to get the work permit as well. It all depends. Sometimes you get your EAD after you get your GC...it has happened before
2. Yes, correct. Otherwise system would think you abandoned your application to adjust status
3. You status would be "I485 Adjustee" once you get NOA from USCIS for filing I-485 ,provided you are legal at the time of I-485 filing, but it is always better to maintain your status. But in your case applying for OPT at this point would mean showing non-immigrant intent. So I really don't what happens. Seek a legal advice, I would say...Hey seniors, please help him..NuvF, Capeolive you guys there???

When are you graduating? Is there any possibility that you can extend a semester in school, if so do it.
You could have obtained OPT card before you sent your packet. But again that is just past.

Thanks for the suggestions.Are there any other responses? I am very confused:(

dvlottery.state.gov

I'm still trying to check my case status on line. Before it said that I hadnt been selected. I thought it would change this week since I had sent my doc-s for AOS. Now I cant open this page at all. cant check my status. This page appears broken. Can any of you try please? May be there is smth wrong with my computer?

Did you receive the 1NL in mail or not?

I'm still trying to check my case status on line. Before it said that I hadnt been selected. I thought it would change this week since I had sent my doc-s for AOS. Now I cant open this page at all. cant check my status. This page appears broken. Can any of you try please? May be there is smth wrong with my computer?

You need to email kcc for that. You cannot check if your forms have been processed online. Email or call the number you have for KCC with your 1NL.
They will tell you what you need to do next.

By the way, are you doing AOS or CP? When did you sent DSP-122 to KCC and what is the range of your CN, if you will mind sharing???

I did. But I wanted to check on what stage my case is

i'm doing AOS. 2011EUxxx9xxx. I sent my doc-s for AOS on september 30. now I wanted to check what's going on with them on line, because people from previous years could follow their cases.

Antin,
You cannot check the status or processing stage of your case yet, it will take at least a week, they just got the packages are still sorting and going through the documents to ascertain that all is in order, then they will cash the checks, you will see the cancelled check in your account, the number at the back is your is your processing number, you will use that to check the status of your case, USCIS will also contact you if you sent the form for notice of application acceptance. More knowledgeable gurus in this forum will add to this.......

Hello Folks,

I hope everyone is doing fine.

While preparing the documents, couple of questions/confusions poped up, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

1) Those who filed two cases together(self and spouse), did you separate the cases by envelope, fasteners, clips? I am using two acco fastener for each one...
2) Did you make separate cover letter for the spouse(secondary applicant)?

Thanks for your help..

that's a very useful info, thank you. I just freaked out because their website for checking the status stopped working today

Yes we need to separate the applications either by using a rubber band or a clip.
It is better to write 2 individual cover letters.

Hello Folks,

I hope everyone is doing fine.

While preparing the documents, couple of questions/confusions poped up, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

1) Those who filed two cases together(self and spouse), did you separate the cases by envelope, fasteners, clips? I am using two acco fastener for each one...
2) Did you make separate cover letter for the spouse(secondary applicant)?

Thanks for your help..

Sundaram,

I filed for myself and my spouse and yes I separated the two packages with 2 clips, the big ones. (that was an option in the instructions on how to arrange the packages, as per the USCIS website. The fact is you don't want the AO having difficulty detaching your documents, equally, they have to be firmly clipped together so they don't lose any document.

I also used a general cover letter for both as the principal/primary applicant which i placed on mine and a separate one for my spouse because the supporting documents are not the same.

The most important thing however is that no two AOS cases are completely similar so what applied to mine might not apply to yours, you have to appraise your situation in isolation of another and arrive at a conclusion on which method or approach, in conformity with the guidelines and the rules best presents your case and gives you the best chance of Success. Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tuscany ans feel thanks for your response. Would you guys mind to share the cover letter designed for secondary applicant? Huge thanks