• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

hey fellas,

Can you help me with medical exam:
1: I am annually screened for TB and other stuff by school. Would the surgeon ask me to do it again and charge me for it?
2: would my insurance pay for anything?
3: how much would it cost?
4: does it matter who to go to?

Cheers and Thanks

hey fellas,

Can you help me with medical exam:
1: I am annually screened for TB and other stuff by school. Would the surgeon ask me to do it again and charge me for it?
2: would my insurance pay for anything?
3: how much would it cost?
4: does it matter who to go to?

Cheers and Thanks

khayat,
1. if you have paper proof of your tb test results show it to the doctor and you will not have to take it again.
2. i don't think so, but you can call your insurance co to check
3. it ranges from $200 and up, depending on what shots you need
4. find the cheapest uscis appointed doctor.

Hi all,

I have 2 Qs.
1. in Form I-485 "USCIS status expires on", should it be written "D/S" as in I-94 or expiration date on I-20.
2. Is it o.k. to send higher degrees like Bsc or Ms instead of high school diploma?

thanks

Thank You leongsce,

Congrats for approval, will you please share your interview experience?

khayat,
1. if you have paper proof of your tb test results show it to the doctor and you will not have to take it again.
2. i don't think so, but you can call your insurance co to check
3. it ranges from $200 and up, depending on what shots you need
4. find the cheapest uscis appointed doctor.

Thank You leongsce,

Congrats for approval, will you please share your interview experience?

hi khayat,
my original interview experience was posted in the 2010 aos thread but for the benefit of 2011'ers i will post it here as well.

my interview experience....
my appt was for 7.15. arrived at 6.30 and had to wait for them to open the building. they only opened up at 7.05. by the time we went thru security and to the 4th floor it was almost 7.15. there was only one other party in there with their lawyer. after we put our appt letters in the tray we waited till 7.50 before the ao came out to call us in - together, although we had different times. it wasn't crowded ... only about another 3 parties came in ... all with lawyers. our ao was a young hispanic lady. she is very pleasant and friendly. brought us to her room and took oath. went thru the 'have you' questions. asked for our passports, id's. checked our birth certs, verified our names, parents' names, dob. then we chatted for a while. infact she talked more to my daughter and about my daughter than the case. she made the whole process seem so casual. we love her! after that was all done. she told us to wait outside because she said that she only got our files this morning and need to go thru the usual security name check again and because my wife had a relative petition submitted 2 years ago, she wanted to make sure that it will not have another alien file. if there were she will have to merge it. she didn't say anything about approval then and we didn't ask. we waited outside for about 20 min. she called us in again. she showed us 3 letters and imagine our surprise when we saw on the first line "congratulations you have been approved" !!! she explained the whole letter to us - about the alien numbers, date of entry, when we will receive the green card, infopass if we don't, etc. after that we thanked her and she wished us the best.

it was overall a very pleasant and easy experience. i thank God for giving her to us as our ao!

....... good luck to all 2011 winners!

Hi leongsce,

Thank you for posting your interview experience here, I hope you get your GC soon and hope to see you around. Good luck to you and your family, wishing you all the success and happiness that you deserve!

Hi leongsce,

Thank you for posting your interview experience here, I hope you get your GC soon and hope to see you around. Good luck to you and your family, wishing you all the success and happiness that you deserve!

izzy,
thanks!
your turn is here ... very soon! i am sure you will sail thru this seamlessly! you are an expert now!

i will stick around to help others.

good luck.

Hi guys, how long will it take to receive 2NL from KCC normally? My forms were delivered on mid-July and I am waiting....
I am doing AoS. Thanks for any information.

Hi Feel,
Mine took more than a month (check the users' signature). Do not worry much about it. Give them a call and ask them if they have received your request for AOS.
As a side-note, it would be nice to know your status. Please have a signature so that we all know what your status is.
good luck
Hi guys, how long will it take to receive 2NL from KCC normally? My forms were delivered on mid-July and I am waiting....
I am doing AoS. Thanks for any information.

Hi all,

I have a question about the following sentence in NL2, second paragraph: "You MUST submit the DV 'Notification Letter' we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status".

Is this merely saying you have to include NL1 in the application package, or does it imply that, in addition, NL1 is to be sent to the closest USCIS office? I have not seen this discussed in this thread so I am wondering if any of you has this in NL2?

Thanks for your help!
nncu

You have to include this while sending AoS packet to Chicago Lockbox. That's it.

Hi all,

I have a question about the following sentence in NL2, second paragraph: "You MUST submit the DV 'Notification Letter' we sent you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status".

Is this merely saying you have to include NL1 in the application package, or does it imply that, in addition, NL1 is to be sent to the closest USCIS office? I have not seen this discussed in this thread so I am wondering if any of you has this in NL2?

Thanks for your help!
nncu

Hey Guys,
Are these vaccinations sufficient for AoS:
1. TD 1 Dose
2. MMR 2 Doses
3. Flu Shot

Please let me know if I need to take Hep B and Varicella vaccines too?

Hi feel,

The mandatory vaccine are the ones you mentioned (i.e. MMR, TD, Varicella), with the exception of seasonal flu vaccine (given during flu season December through March or as early as September). Also, if you've had history of chicken pox (Varicella), you are considered immune (the 2nd link below will tell you that oral confirmation of having chicken pox is enough to be considered immune to Varicella; see page 11, 1st p, last line). Please see the chart below (page 1):

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/recs/schedules/downloads/adult/2010/adult-schedule.pdf
Also, if you have time, you can read:
http://www.immigration.com/sites/default/files/2009-vaccination-technical-instructions.pdf

The one from USCIS takes forever to load...

You do not necessarily need Hep B vaccines for US Immigration, but you can have it for your own benefit.

Hey Guys,
Are these vaccinations sufficient for AoS:
1. TD 1 Dose
2. MMR 2 Doses
3. Flu Shot

Please let me know if I need to take Hep B and Varicella vaccines too?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey Tuscany.
What is the DS-320? Cause i never heard anyone talking about the DS-320. My story line s kind of the same as yours, I send both forms for me and my husband and the pictures, called KCC to make sure they got them and now waiting for the 2NL and yay we are also current in October.

Natta,

Hi, that was a typo error, i sent the DS-230 (application for immigrant visa and alien registration), the officer i spoke with @ KCC said they are working on it and would not provide additional information so i guess the 2NL should get to me soon, with or without it am sending in my package on October 1, 2010.

Thanks Tuscany. I just wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything. Same for me, September 29th I am sending my package to Chicago, to make sur ethey get there on the 1st and anyway, I saw here on thr forum that the 2NL does not contain such important info that you can not send your AOS package without it. So good luck everyone. Lets start the DV 2011 year succesfully.

You have to include this while sending AoS packet to Chicago Lockbox. That's it.

That's how I am inclined to interpret it, but why do they say 'nearest to you' (paraphrasing here)? On the other hand, I should already be used already to their confusing ways...

Visa expires after i485 filed

Good afternoon, everybody!

Quick question:

Once I file the i-485, I will remain "in status" until GC is issued/resolved?
My visa will likely expire shortly after I expect to become current, so I wonder if I need to worry about getting a new visa (e.g. H1) to last through the entire AOS process?

In other words, when exactly does the non-immigrant visa have to be valid until?
a- until I send in the i485 package to the lock box?
b- until they send me back some receipt
c- until I have my interview etc.?

Extra question:
Between now and the filing of the i485, can I still change to another non-immigrant visa type, or even be without a visa out of the country for a moment, then re-enter with e.g. H1, then file the i485?
Or did i "lock myself in" by declaring to KCC that I intend to AOS, ie my visa / status at that point has to be sustained till whenever I can file i485?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Good afternoon, everybody!

Quick question:

Once I file the i-485, I will remain "in status" until GC is issued/resolved?
My visa will likely expire shortly after I expect to become current, so I wonder if I need to worry about getting a new visa (e.g. H1) to last through the entire AOS process?

In other words, when exactly does the non-immigrant visa have to be valid until?
a- until I send in the i485 package to the lock box?
b- until they send me back some receipt
c- until I have my interview etc.?

Extra question:
Between now and the filing of the i485, can I still change to another non-immigrant visa type, or even be without a visa out of the country for a moment, then re-enter with e.g. H1, then file the i485?
Or did i "lock myself in" by declaring to KCC that I intend to AOS, ie my visa / status at that point has to be sustained till whenever I can file i485?

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

jfk212,
you have to be careful here. i was in the same situation as you. i predicted becoming current in aug (which i was right) but my visa and i94 expired july. so there was about a month or less of out of status. i checked with a state dept employee whom i knew quite well as well as a lawyer and they both said that by filing my adjustment of status i will not accrue unlawful status. and i will remain in status till my case is decided. but you have to be careful when you submit your i485. submit it when you are close to current/when you see your cn current in advance notification. normally this is around 50 days. and make sure that when you submit you are still in valid status. i will presume that when uscis accepts (there will be a noa acceptance notice/i797) your application you are safe, ie, that you will not accrue unlawful status from that point on.