• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Dear friends,

1.I'm in the process of gathering my documents for the AOS package and realized that all of my notarized translations, which I had done in my native country eight years ago, prior to my coming to the U.S, lack the Hague apostille that was introduced later. Should I worry for that? Do you suggest I get new notarized translations?

2. My medicals were given to me in a sealed envelope, which I was told not to open. Is this the usual procedure?

Thanks. Good luck to you all.

CN 2010EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check

@tahoe

about your 2nd Q. yes it is, also check that the doctor must write his/her initials across the flap,... see the i-693 instruction.

Hey Tahoe
I think you might have your case number wrong, is yours really DV 2010 or maybe you meant 2011. Regarding your questions, I am not sure about the translations, I am also using some of my old translations from 4 years ago when I came to US n F1 and also using some new translations that were made here by a person from my country who is authorized to make translations. Regarding the medicals, yes they supposed to b like that in order to be valid, so DO NOT OPEN them because they are meant for USCIS only, at least that what it says on my envelope. And congrats, you are current in October, as well as me and my husband are. Good luck and be ready to send the package on October 1st or even September 30th .

Dear Natta, you're right about my mistake. My case number is 2011EU3XXX. Meanwhile, a notary whom I asked the same question, explained to me that the Hague Apostille is a must only in Europe but not in the US or Canada. The apostille is meant to create a sort of standard for the notarized documents in use across the U.E. This notary seems to be pretty convinced that I can use my old notarized translations as part of my AOS application. I'll probably do that and hope for the best.

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check

Hi everyone again, there was a question, which I am also wondering and has been replied yet, regarding the HS diploma.I dont have my HS diploma but have my college one. Would it be ok to just add to the application the college one ?

Dear All,

Here's my info: 2011AS7xxx
05/18/2010 NL 1 received
05/23/2010 DS122+DS 230 + barcode sent
06/24/2010 375 DV fee sent
07/2010 Receipt received

I just check the Visa Bulletin, I don't know if I were wrong, but my number should be current by Sep, however, I haven't even got the NL2 until now. Should I call or email to ask KCC what has going on?

You are current in October. Congrats and Good Luck. Call KCC and ask them if they have received the forms you sent and have updated your file. Also you have to pay an additional 65$ to DOS. The fee is 440$ for this year.

Cheers

Dear All,

Here's my info: 2011AS7xxx
05/18/2010 NL 1 received
05/23/2010 DS122+DS 230 + barcode sent
06/24/2010 375 DV fee sent
07/2010 Receipt received

I just check the Visa Bulletin, I don't know if I were wrong, but my number should be current by Sep, however, I haven't even got the NL2 until now. Should I call or email to ask KCC what has going on?

Hi everyone again, there was a question, which I am also wondering and has been replied yet, regarding the HS diploma.I dont have my HS diploma but have my college one. Would it be ok to just add to the application the college one ?

Logically it should be OK. Because they are asking for AT LEAST high school diploma. Do more searches though. I would try to provide the diploma somehow.

there is NO hard and fast rule. In AoS its up to the individual IO, so you will be at his/her mercy, sort of.
In the past some IO s have asked for ALL edu info.
you got 2 options, a) just do not worry now that you do not have it, but start worry if they ask for it specifically.
b) do whatever you can now to get it since you have time now. If they do not ask at intvw just feel the effort was in vain.

Choice is yours.

Best!

Hi everybody! Im a EU00021XXX

I already sent the package (DS 122 + 230 + Bar Code + Photos) to KCC for my husband and me.
I called to KCC asking when Im receiving the "NL2"...and they said nothing was sent yet, but I can see some of you received it!!!
What exactly says the letter NL2?? Until when should I wait for it? Do you recommend me pay the $440 (AOS fee) now, or wait until the NL2 is sent?

Thanks for your help!

4/24/10 - NL1 received
8/13/10 - DS122+230+Barcode+photos sent to KCC (my husband and me)
.......... - Next Steps!

You are current in October. Congrats and Good Luck. Call KCC and ask them if they have received the forms you sent and have updated your file. Also you have to pay an additional 65$ to DOS. The fee is 440$ for this year.

Cheers

Khayat, please kindly explain the $440 fees you claim is for this year, what fee is that please? I thought all we needed to pay DOS was $375? Thanks.

hey Tuscany
You shuld be fine with the $375. The $440 Represents the new DOS fee, that was increased In july, but I see that you sent the fee in June and if you aloready got the PAID form back that means you are fine.

If you are in US and doing AoS, you have to wait about 8-12 weeks to get the 2NL. If your case would not be current until next year I would suggest you to wait for the 2NL and proceed, but otherwise you may go ahead and send $440/person fees to DOS. You can find the form online and make sure you send them the self-addressed stamped envelope with your mailing address there.
If you are doing CP at your home country KCC will send the 2NL with your interview schedule. You have to wait. Hope I answered your question.

Hi everybody! Im a EU00021XXX

I already sent the package (DS 122 + 230 + Bar Code + Photos) to KCC for my husband and me.
I called to KCC asking when Im receiving the "NL2"...and they said nothing was sent yet, but I can see some of you received it!!!
What exactly says the letter NL2?? Until when should I wait for it? Do you recommend me pay the $440 (AOS fee) now, or wait until the NL2 is sent?

Thanks for your help!

4/24/10 - NL1 received
8/13/10 - DS122+230+Barcode+photos sent to KCC (my husband and me)
.......... - Next Steps!

Khayat, please kindly explain the $440 fees you claim is for this year, what fee is that please? I thought all we needed to pay DOS was $375? Thanks.
I would suggest you pay the required fee for AOS for DV 2011 which is 440$ the fee list is here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1263.html

go to the other fee section which says:

Diversity Visa Lottery fee (per person applying as a DV lottery selectee for a DV category immigrant visa)... $440

hi all,

we do not have an A-Number yet right? it is asked for in the forms.
please let me know if I am right

Thanks

Tuscany,

I agree with natta. Here are the e-mail responses I received from KCC (twice at two different times) about the fee:

1st reply:
"Thank you for your inquiry.

If you paid the $375 fee before July 13, 2010 then the $440 fee is not applicable.

KCC Diversity Visa
Kentucky Consular Center
Support Contractor- Serco/jlo

Email: KCCDV@state.gov
Phone: (606) 526-7500"

2nd reply:

"Thank you for your inquiry,

The DV fee (which is charged in addition to the application processing fee and security surcharge) will change from $375 to $440 to be implemented on July 13, 2010. If the DV fee was paid prior to July 13, 2010, the applicant will not have to pay the difference.

KCC Diversity Visa/ksb
Kentucky Consular Center
Support Contractor - Serco

Email: KCCDV@state.gov
Phone: (606) 526-7500"

However, I suggest you call KCC and tell them that you are a 2011 selectee current in October 2010, and ask if you have to pay the difference if you already paid before July 13. Also, make sure the "paid" date is before July 13.

Personally, I called more than once and e-mailed more than once so that I have written evidence from them.

hey Tuscany
You shuld be fine with the $375. The $440 Represents the new DOS fee, that was increased In july, but I see that you sent the fee in June and if you aloready got the PAID form back that means you are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi khayat,

If you ever applied for work authorization (OPT) through USCIS, you will have an A# assigned to you which you can find on your OPT card (that is if you have one). If not, just write "n/a", if you have one and don't know its no big deal, USCIS will look it up for you.

hi all,

we do not have an A-Number yet right? it is asked for in the forms.
please let me know if I am right

Thanks

CP vs AOS

I am weighing the tradeoffs of AOS vs CP due to my visa potentially expiring a tad bit too early.
Unfortunately there is no such active thread here as our AOS-only thread, so please excuse me for posting here the following question:

1. CP appointments are sent to us by KCC after they receive DS230, following the CN order? so what is the "speed advantage" of CP?

2. KEY QUESTION: while awaiting the CP interview, can we travel to the US on the visa waiver (EU citizen), or do we have to stay outside US till DV/GC is resolved?
I live in the US and dont want to be "locked out" of here for too long...

Re: documents:
3. For AOS we don't need police report, but if we switch to CP, we would have to get a police report from the US where we live, not from our homecountries... I tried the NYPD and they said we don't issue such reports :confused:

4. To confirm: a US college or grad school diploma copy OR transcript from university is OK instead of our foreign highschool certificate?

thanks for any guidance again, i assume some of you are also pondering the CP vs AOS..

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to share my experience while doing Medicals. The doctor asked me if I have previous positive ppd tests and I answered yes, so he asked us to do (blood test)quantiferon gold test. Unfortunately I tested positive which means I am actually exposed to the bacteria sometime in my life. Then did a chest x ray with is normal and he referred me to local public health department for evaluation and management of Latent TB. I visited the public health dep and they recommended me to be on treatment for 9months, which I declined since it is recommended not required. So finally they signed the paper and I took it back to the doc. Has anybody have same experience? Please share if you have any idea how that's going to impact the process. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: