• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Good luck to you too. You should be able to send out your stuff in early october too, You'll be current in November and I guess it would be fine if you applied a little early. (up to 60-90 days)

New visa bulletin is out.
Rank cut-off numbers for October are:

AFRICA 9,000
Except:
Egypt 5,550
Ethiopia 7,450
Nigeria 7,450

ASIA 9,000

EUROPE 9,600

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 1

OCEANIA 350

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 450

Good luck to those that are current in October. I missed the cut-off number by less than 50, but I am pleasantly surprised how high the cut-of numbers are. It seems that they are starting higher and higher every year.

Anyway, do not submit anything before October 1st.

Can't wait for October, as we are current in the first month. we have everything ready, including medicals and all the translated paperwork, now we are only waiting for the 2 NL. Called in KCC today and they told me that they did get our forms in an that it should take between 8 to 12 weeks to get it. I was wondering what happens if we do not receive the 2 NL till October 1st , can we still send in the I-485 in? My husband is currently on J1 that expires in on September 11, 2010 and we want to do AOS, because I can not travel during the semester as I can not miss school, so we applied for a change in nonimmigrant visa, for turist visa for another 6 months and we did receive a receipt that it is pending, as I checked the processing time for this type of visa is 2.5 months. So can we still send in the I-485 on October 1st even if we do not get and answer for the tourist visa and that is still pending?
Thanks a lot guys.
Best wishes to all of us, so close to getting what we've been all waiting for :)

Thanks khayat. I agree with you.
In fact, I have to travel outside the US in the first week of October, and I will be back on October 10. At that point (October 11), the advanced notification for December will be out. So no matter what month (Oct, Nov, Dec) I would be current, I would end up sending the i485 package to Chicago around the same date.

Good luck to you too. You should be able to send out your stuff in early october too, You'll be current in November and I guess it would be fine if you applied a little early. (up to 60-90 days)

Can't wait for October, as we are current in the first month. we have everything ready, including medicals and all the translated paperwork, now we are only waiting for the 2 NL. Called in KCC today and they told me that they did get our forms in an that it should take between 8 to 12 weeks to get it. I was wondering what happens if we do not receive the 2 NL till October 1st , can we still send in the I-485 in?
I think you will receive the 2nd NL in about 3 weeks. However, you can send the i485 package even if you do not receive the 2nd NL. There is nothing in that letter that you need for the i485 package.

I do not know the answer to your second question. Hopefully, somebody with more experience with tourist visas can answer. Another possibility was for your husband to switch to F2. Does he have the two year home country physical presence requirement for the J1 visa? I think that would be a bigger issue.
My husband is currently on J1 that expires in on September 11, 2010 and we want to do AOS, because I can not travel during the semester as I can not miss school, so we applied for a change in nonimmigrant visa, for turist visa for another 6 months and we did receive a receipt that it is pending, as I checked the processing time for this type of visa is 2.5 months. So can we still send in the I-485 on October 1st even if we do not get and answer for the tourist visa and that is still pending?
Thanks a lot guys.
Best wishes to all of us, so close to getting what we've been all waiting for :)

thanks for the answer baobab. I tried to get him an F2 type of visa, as I was informed about the possibility of getting him one, but my school official, said it is too complicated , because in january I requested a economic hardship employment authorization, which i received 2 months ago. And now in order to get him an F2 visa the school official asked me to show financial proof that we can afford him to stay here and pay my school for a year and the costs of living which would be $27,000 for my tuition and living + another $8,000 for his living. So basically we have to show $35,000 in an account and to explain, how we make all those money, which is kind of tough. So that is why we decided to apply for the tourist visa which is already pending. Hope everything will be fine.

@natta

1. Do you know whether your husband's J1 need a J waiver before doing AoS? if so he is reqd. to send it with his i 485.

2. If you are applying for AoS in Oct, why did you apply for a B for your husband? it is bit complicated having the imm. intent and applying for B, did you get any legal advise on that?
Anyways, from the date of your i-485 application he will be on the legal status of 'Pending AoS'. I hope that status would get precedence on top of the B, even if B is approved. But i m not too sure, it is a bit legal jingle!!

Best !

PS: My advise, and you should check this with proper legal advise as well.
Cancel the B application. I think J too has a grace period of 60 days. So technically you will be sending i-485 within that period and he will be on a proper legal status (ie 'Pending AoS') from that day till they decide on your GC.
Worst , if you have any trbl at intvw, just go for CP without refiling for AoS, you got plenty of time.

I am not trying making you nervous, but this US imm stuff are too complicated. Hope you will have it easy with 'proper' legal advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
any body got 2nl ?my case is in 2011as0005*** visa bulettin shows,my interview will be for 2010 october is it?what will happen if i didnot got 2nl before october?

Are you doing AoS or Consular Processing? For AoS you still have time until OCT, but 2NL is not required document per USCIS website if you doing AOS, so do not worry about it. But for CP, KCC will send you 2NL and you need to ask them via email or phone.

Hi
any body got 2nl ?my case is in 2011as0005*** visa bulettin shows,my interview will be for 2010 october is it?what will happen if i didnot got 2nl before october?

Hi zahidal,

I did mention in my previous post that this will only buy you "peace of mind". For eg., the guy (or gal?) from Iran was worried sick about it. I am NOT saying that every individual with a common name will have errors but it may be possible.

Izzy,

Thanks a lot.

Hi Guys,

Do you know if it's OK to send I-485 before October (like in September) if the CN will be current in October or it's better to wait until 1 of October. I've read somewhere that if the USCIS will reject the application sent early then the whole case may be rejected.

2 Question: If only the spouse of the DV Lottery winner has a Job Offer, but not the winner herself does it significantly decreases the chance of getting a GC in this case at the Interview or it's still OK?

Please share your thoughts,
Thanks and Good Luck to Everyone.

Hey edward1mel, the answer on your question you can find in my transcription (I did that mistake already because of my lawyer). In another words you can't send your I-485 in current FY2010 that will end by 1 October. I became current in October too, and I will send my package at 30 of September.

Hi guys,

Just have a quick question. I am current in Oct. I was wondering if I send my AOS package on Oct 1, when do you think I can have the interview?
My case is very simple, F-1 student and single. I have all the required docs.
Thanks for the help ^^

in 2 to 3 months hopefully. This is how it was before but 4,5 tops.
good luck

Hi guys,

Just have a quick question. I am current in Oct. I was wondering if I send my AOS package on Oct 1, when do you think I can have the interview?
My case is very simple, F-1 student and single. I have all the required docs.
Thanks for the help ^^

Congarts leongsce, I am glad you got your gc and have fun

Matin
QUOTE=leongsce;2207064]luganskman,
great to hear that they returned your check.
since you have time, i suggest you fill up ds122 and send it in. for me i sent both ds122 and 230 to kcc, better safe than sorry. but ds230 not required for aos applicant. the $365 (440) fee is the dv lottery fee not the aos fee. the aos fee is the one they returned ($1010).
you have time ... so i suggest you read the '2010 aos only' thread posted by 'blue'. it gives you some good info about the process. for you it's to double check that you are on the right track.
if you have other questions, just post it and we'll try to help.[/QUOTE]

Congarts leongsce, I am glad you got your gc and have fun

Matin
QUOTE=leongsce;2207064]luganskman,
great to hear that they returned your check.
since you have time, i suggest you fill up ds122 and send it in. for me i sent both ds122 and 230 to kcc, better safe than sorry. but ds230 not required for aos applicant. the $365 (440) fee is the dv lottery fee not the aos fee. the aos fee is the one they returned ($1010).
you have time ... so i suggest you read the '2010 aos only' thread posted by 'blue'. it gives you some good info about the process. for you it's to double check that you are on the right track.
if you have other questions, just post it and we'll try to help.
[/QUOTE]

matin123,
thks!
good luck to your process. i will be around to help where i can.

Hi friends,what does aos & cp mean? I am confused on this? When will be 2letter will received from kcc? Doed they started to send ? Any idea?

Guys can anyone share the opinion.

If only the spouse of the DV Lottery winner has a Job Offer, but not the winner. Does it significantly decreases the chance of getting a GC in this case or it's still OK and would probably satisfy the officer to approve GC?

Hi friends,what does aos & cp mean? I am confused on this? When will be 2letter will received from kcc? Doed they started to send ? Any idea?

Adjustment of Status (AOS) is an option only for those already living in US on non-immigrant visa, and is a process by which one changes status to permanent resident without leaving the country.
Consular Processing (CP) is the more common way, where you go to a US embassy in your home country, or a 3rd party country, for an interview to get your GC.

The eligibility criteria apply only to the winner. That is, the winner must satisfy the education or work experience criteria to have any chance of getting the GC.
As far as not having a job at this time, that is not as strict, if you have enough income to support both of you, or if you can get an affidavit of support from someone else.

Guys can anyone share the opinion.

If only the spouse of the DV Lottery winner has a Job Offer, but not the winner. Does it significantly decreases the chance of getting a GC in this case or it's still OK and would probably satisfy the officer to approve GC?

folks,
throughout my one year of dv experience i have read and learnt so much from hundreds of websites and many sources. i would like to post some of the websites which i think every aos applicant should go thru before they submit their application. they will help educate you on the process, give insights into how uscis works, how fbi works, etc. it's a treasure trove of information. good luck to all!

uscis homepage - http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis
nvc visa bulletin - http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
aos procedures - http://www.immihelp.com/greencard/adjustmentofstatus/application.html
uscis tips on assembling your i485 - http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD
uscis ao/io field manual - http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1.html
fbi name check - http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_Name_Check
your local field office review - http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/