• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hi all,

Thanks for posting all the useful information. Just by reading these threads I have found out what steps my wife and I need to take to start the AOS process, without having to call or make an appointment with USCIS, etc.

One thing I have not seen discussed though is the $45 fee (Immigrant visa security surcharge, for all IV and DV applicants) listed on the "Fees for Visa Services" webpage at travel dot state dot gov. Does anyone know if that needs to be submitted at the time we pay the $375 fee?

Thanks!

your question was also mine, but if we read accurately it is written "...for the correct Diversity Visa Lottery fee amount". it means that it needs only this fee. that's my opinion.

your question was also mine, but if we read accurately it is written "...for the correct Diversity Visa Lottery fee amount". it means that it needs only this fee. that's my opinion.

If CP : Follow DoS fee structure. (& you'll find that the cost is 355+45+375=$775)

if AoS in US : Follow USCIS (DHS) fees structure (but additionally pay $375 to DoS, for a total cost of $1010+375=$1385 !!)

No complications.

You are doing AoS but looking at DoS fees site, that's the prob.

Last edited by a moderator:
If CP : Follow DoS fee structure. (& you'll find that the cost is 355+45+375=$775)

if AoS in US : Follow USCIS (DHS) fees structure (but additionally pay $375 to DoS, for a total cost of $1010+375=$1385 !!)

No complications.

You are doing AoS but looking at DoS fees site, that's the prob.

Yeah, I figured I'd do the 375 for each family member, then the AOS+biometrics fees, and if they really want more cash after that then I can pay the rest at the time of the interview.

BTW, the 2010 AOS thread is 100+ pages, so one needs to take a couple of days off in order to catch up with all that...

Thanks all!

Can someone please tell me what is the KCC's email for DV-lottery inquiries. I can't find it on their website.

Thanks.

Does anyone know a good (cheap) translator for official documents (NYC if possible)?

Thanks

First congrats to all for the 2011 DV.

This is getting confusing... for me... I currently am on an H1B, based in Houston.

I have the second NL --> intent of AOS. I now need to send pay DOS DV fees.

So do I pay $375 using the form at visa_4763 dot html webpage?

or

Do i pay $1010+375=$1385 like NuvF has mentioned?

First congrats to all for the 2011 DV.

This is getting confusing... for me... I currently am on an H1B, based in Houston.

I have the second NL --> intent of AOS. I now need to send pay DOS DV fees.

So do I pay $375 using the form at visa_4763 dot html webpage?

or

Do i pay $1010+375=$1385 like NuvF has mentioned?

Hi simplysubi,

Right now, you should only pay $375 to the State Department using the form at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4763.html. Make sure to include a self-stamped envelope which will be returned to you containing your DV fee receipt.

Your $1010 (I-485 fee + biometric fee) money order should be only sent when you're ready to ship your AOS package to Chicago lockbox (when your case number becomes current).

Thank you Lucky2011.

I will do that ASAP.

Just out of curiosity, can you or anyone point me to where in any of the documentation is the $375 mentioned? I'm just curious as to why I can't find that information.

Thank you Lucky2011.

I will do that ASAP.

Just out of curiosity, can you or anyone point me to where in any of the documentation is the $375 mentioned? I'm just curious as to why I can't find that information.

That's strange coz I can't find that information too. I know for sure that the $375 fee used to be mentioned somewhere in the state department website. They probably took that information off (by mistake) since they're currently updating their website. Anyway, the letter below is what KCC replied to me when I was inquiring about the DV process back in May. And they specifically stated that the fee is $375. You can also email them if you want, for abundance of caution.

---------------------------

If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $375.00 per person directly to the Department of State. Information regarding where this fee should be paid is included in your information packet. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. (Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.) Also, please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC. This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Hi Lucky2011,
Same happen to mee!
I try to go back to the web site with the DV fee information and is not longer there.
I even have the web page print out showing that the fee is $375!
That's strange coz I can't find that information too. I know for sure that the $375 fee used to be mentioned somewhere in the state department website. They probably took that information off (by mistake) since they're currently updating their website. Anyway, the letter below is what KCC replied to me when I was inquiring about the DV process back in May. And they specifically stated that the fee is $375. You can also email them if you want, for abundance of caution.

---------------------------

If the CIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity-processing fee of $375.00 per person directly to the Department of State. Information regarding where this fee should be paid is included in your information packet. This fee is assessed to cover cost incurred by the Department of State in running the lottery selection process and is separate from any fees you will need to pay the CIS as part of your adjustment application. Failure to pay this fee may result in the loss of your diversity visa. (Please mail a money order for the diversity-processing fees to the address given below.) Also, please forward the completed DSP-122 form back to KCC. This will allow the next instruction letter to be processed to you.

U.S. Department of State
Diversity Visa Program
P.O. Box 979079
St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000

Supporting Evidence for Form I-485
You should submit the following evidence with your Form I-485:

Two passport-style photos
Form G-325A, Biographic Information, if you are between 14 and 79 years of age
Copy of government-issued photo identification
Copy of birth certificate
Copy of passport page with nonimmigrant visa (if applicable)
Copy of passport page with admission (entry) stamp (if applicable)
Form I-94, Arrival/ Departure Record (if applicable)
Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
Applicable fees
Certified copies of court records (if you have ever been arrested)
Copy of the principal applicant’s selection letter for the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS
Principal applicants must also submit evidence of a high school diploma or its equivalent, or evidence of 2 years of work experience in an occupation requiring at least 2 years of training or experience in the past 5 years.

I have a question on:
- Applicable fees
- Copy of the receipt for the processing fee of the diversity visa lottery from DOS

I assume one of those two is the receipt for the $375 fee... what is the other one?

I mailed DS-122 + attachments to DOS on May 14 but did not receive a 2nd NL. Should I expect one soon?

Thanks,

Dear Friends!

I have a question reguarding AOS. Besides paying $375 to DOS for AOS, what else I have to pay? Do i have to pay $ 400 more to KCC as it states in the instruction. Because when I read the instruction, it does state that each 2011 DV winner have to pay $750. I called KCC today. The officer said that I pay only $375 to DOS in MO, and that's it. I asked him if I need to pay anything else, he still said nothing that I pay to KCC for AOS. That is it "$375" to DOS.

Please help!

Dear Friends!

I have a question reguarding AOS. Besides paying $375 to DOS for AOS, what else I have to pay? Do i have to pay $ 400 more to KCC as it states in the instruction. Because when I read the instruction, it does state that each 2011 DV winner have to pay $750. I called KCC today. The officer said that I pay only $375 to DOS in MO, and that's it. I asked him if I need to pay anything else, he still said nothing that I pay to KCC for AOS. That is it "$375" to DOS.

Please help!

That is correct, you only pay $375 per person to DOS for DV processing fee. Then you pay USCIS the AOS processing fee ($1010) when you send in your AOS packet. Recently the DOS website has changed and it shows fees for non-immigrant visas only. Since you called KCC and they confirmed it is $375 for the fee then that is what you have to pay and nothing else.

Hi Everyone,
i am new to this thing !!!congratulations to all!!!!

I got a 1 st letter from KCC 2 days ago and got confused with all the information.I have been in the US for 3 years by extending my I-20 form.At the same time i applied for asylym in 2008 and got a denial!Do i have chances to apply and go through AOS or what are my options??

i would appreciate any help!
Thanks