• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

thanks Hmouse.
They actaully posted the whole thing now...Seems like the progress this month was huge...Good news for many. I might be current in June which hopefully be enough...

AFRICA 42,000
Except: Egypt 31,200
Ethiopia 26,200
Nigeria 15,450
ASIA 23,500
EUROPE 27,800
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 12
OCEANIA 1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,150

Good luck guys..

Yoni123,

Can I really sent the package to USCIS without DOS receipt? the processing fee is a casher's check, so that mean I paid it, right?

The payment to DOS severs two things:
1) get KCC to release the file to USCIS
2) get USCIS happy that you paid the fee.
Since you did pay it, KCC will send them the file once requested.
USCIS will schedule your interview in which they might ask for the receipt.
But till then you will already have it...
So, If you're in a hurry and feel the need to send the package, go ahead.
If i were you, i would wait 1-2 weeks. You have plenty of time.

Yoni123,

Can I really sent the package to USCIS without DOS receipt? the processing fee is a casher's check, so that mean I paid it, right?

Hi all,

Can anyone write down EVERYTHING which need to be send to Chicago? (AOS)
Because I want to make sure I did not miss anything!

Thanks a lotttt

Hello All,

Can anyone please provide details of the website where you can check equivalences to a US high school certificate. I dont have time to get my home country's High School Certifacate get evaluated for equivalence. Something that states 'this certifacte from this country = HS Certificate in US).
thanks
Enviro

Hi Karen127

Here's a tip - go to page 1 and keep reading... you will see the documents sent out listed have been mentioned. Lisa6 had posted what she sent too. It also depends on what kind of visa you are on. For example if you are on H1-B, you may not need an affidavit of support.

Hi all,

Can anyone write down EVERYTHING which need to be send to Chicago? (AOS)
Because I want to make sure I did not miss anything!

Thanks a lotttt

I don't think you need an equivalency certificate as long as you passed. You may need a translated version (if it's not in English) or proof you successfully completed at least 12 years of education.

Hello All,

Can anyone please provide details of the website where you can check equivalences to a US high school certificate. I dont have time to get my home country's High School Certifacate get evaluated for equivalence. Something that states 'this certifacte from this country = HS Certificate in US).
thanks
Enviro

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone

Hi everyone
By seeing the visa allocation cut-off dates till now ,do u guys think the allocation number would be current for all cases around August or September.

My personal opinion is that if your CN is any higher than 55,000 for Africa or 24000 for Asia, CP would be a safer option than AOS. ESPECIALLY since certain states like MA and CT move slow with AOS.

Here are the 2010 cutoffs, 2011 should be somewhat similar -

August 2010 -
--------------
AFRICA 64,300 (Except:Egypt: Ethiopia: Nigeria)
ASIA 28,700
Other regions : Current

September 2010
---------------
All regions current (except Ethiopia)

Hi everyone
By seeing the visa allocation cut-off dates till now ,do u guys think the allocation number would be current for all cases around August or September.

Hey thanks , and I am sorry for not providing my details.
My case number is AS201139***
And I am doing CP ,not AOS.
Was getting lil nervous about the thing that if my case wud b current around August or September.My fingers are crossed and I am hoping for the best.

I somewhat disagree. AS 24000 would be current in June. Should be enough time to complete.
CP is almost always better as you get interview same month as you're current.
AS 39xxx would only be current when it is "current". That almost always happens August or September. AOS in August is slim chance, but CP August should be fine.

Hey thanks , and I am sorry for not providing my details.
My case number is AS201139***
And I am doing CP ,not AOS.
Was getting lil nervous about the thing that if my case wud b current around August or September.My fingers are crossed and I am hoping for the best.

You're assuming that it's going to be similar to last year, but what if it's not very similar? I would play it safe.

I somewhat disagree. AS 24000 would be current in June. Should be enough time to complete.
CP is almost always better as you get interview same month as you're current.
AS 39xxx would only be current when it is "current". That almost always happens August or September. AOS in August is slim chance, but CP August should be fine.

Sure, everything can happen.
Are you suggesting that AS would move less than 500 next month...it is already 23,500...

You're assuming that it's going to be similar to last year, but what if it's not very similar? I would play it safe.

For those who already received the I797C - Acceptance in Chicago

What says the field: Priority Date, in your notices? Mine is blank, an I have heard other similar case...Is it linked with one having sent the AOS package before to be current?

Similar cases (sent the AOS before being current) answers are appreciated!

Would love to know where you're getting your information from! Would be very useful is USCIS posted their cutoffs for May now. All I see is March and April in the latest bulletin.

It is 23,500 current in May. So if you have AS 24000, you (probably) could send your package around April 10th. (safe to assume AS will advance at least 500)