• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hello all,

I had my biometrics yesterday and waiting for interview on 30th March. In between is there any thing that I should do?

Thanks

I'm also interviewing on 03/30... what I'm trying to do is make sure I have everything they require. The only thing that worries me is proof of continued lawful status, as I have no idea how to prove it.

Proving that is quite easy. They usually don't stress on that unless their is some discrepancy in their records.

1) Look at your passport - Note down 4 things

a) Arrival record
b) Departure record
c) Visa you were on for each stay
d) Entity or company associated with that visa

2) Have all your I-797 Approval petition records or copies

I'm also interviewing on 03/30... what I'm trying to do is make sure I have everything they require. The only thing that worries me is proof of continued lawful status, as I have no idea how to prove it.

sob,

I also agree with ssj1.

Its interesting that you and me have the same Bio date and Interview date. Why your information is not there in the google spreed sheet?

Hi forum friends,

I received e-mail from USCIS about my interview! It says I will have the interview on March 24. I'm very very happy, but did any of you receive interview letter by e-mail??? It also says I need to confirm my attendance.

Hey what can I say, congrats, I never heard of an interview notification, but it might be possibe, you might want to call the local office and confirm it.

Hi forum friends,

I received e-mail from USCIS about my interview! It says I will have the interview on March 24. I'm very very happy, but did any of you receive interview letter by e-mail??? It also says I need to confirm my attendance.

Hi forum friends,

Hi yoyoko,

I also received my interview letter by e-mail. You will also get it by regular mail in a couple of days.

I had my interview today and was approved!!! My experience is similar to that of lution, the interview was smooth and short. I would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing their experiences. It was very helpful for me. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

Hi Mista, thanks for the advice! my hub and I are under the impression that the officer mumbled something like a file from Nebraska is missing...so I dont think is the KCC one and my other previous applications (family base and work base) are in Texas service center not nebraska.. I dont have anything to Nebraska( as far as I see in all NOAs). But before I could say anything to him, he pointed his finger towards the door in order to me and hub to leave.. So i guess my cases is one of these the fall between the cracks :(... feeling very depressed right now..
Hi R2010,

We had the similar situation and we had a very very rude officer. You can see my post in the beginning of the February. Anyway, I would definitely recommend you write a letter explaining everything and send the letter with certified mail to your USCIS. Before writing my letter, I went to local USCIS office 4 times, and each time they said that they had requested the files and they had never received them. But when I called KCC, they said that they had sent the files once and they had not received any new request from USCIS office.

I tried to explain these things during infopasses but they did not even listen. I called KCC while I was in USCIS, but the officer did not even talk to KCC representative.

Then I wrote a letter and mailed with certified mail. 3 days later I called KCC, and I learned that USCIS made the request and KCC sent the files one more time.

I absolutely understand your frustration. For this reason, instead of doing infopasses, write a letter and explain everything and ask questions if you have any.

I hope this helps.

Does anyone has access to the Visa Bulletin for April 2011 (that shows advanced notice for May)
I have seen that some had the numbers couple of days prior to them being published officially on the website of the department of state.

Hey R2010,
Please don't feel depressed. You have plenty of time...Really. Sometimes they do move slow,. Give it another 30-60 days before you start pounding on it.
I have a good feeling that you'll get your interview in the next 30-60 days. Mark my words.
Some of us would love to be in your position today...Stay positive.

Hi Mista, thanks for the advice! my hub and I are under the impression that the officer mumbled something like a file from Nebraska is missing...so I dont think is the KCC one and my other previous applications (family base and work base) are in Texas service center not nebraska.. I dont have anything to Nebraska( as far as I see in all NOAs). But before I could say anything to him, he pointed his finger towards the door in order to me and hub to leave.. So i guess my cases is one of these the fall between the cracks :(... feeling very depressed right now..

bcbg,

Congratulations! and thank you for the note. That's good to know that you also received it by e-mail. Maybe it's the Boston thing???
I'll wait for the inteview letter by regular mail:)

Hi yoyoko,

I also received my interview letter by e-mail. You will also get it by regular mail in a couple of days.

I had my interview today and was approved!!! My experience is similar to that of lution, the interview was smooth and short. I would like to thank everyone in the forum for sharing their experiences. It was very helpful for me. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

hi, I am new to this forum. I have a question. How did you receive e-mail about interview? where should I include my e-mail address, so they can e-mail me back? Thanks!