• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Did not you submit copy of it in your AOS package sent to lockbox?

Hey guys,

I have just received a "request of evidence" letter from my FO. They are asking for the original of one of my letters from KCC. I do have it so I'm not worried about that but has anyone every been requested originals before? Is it a good/bad thing? Does that mean that my FO will give me an interview date once they've received it?

2011EU15xxx
AOS package sent 02/01
Received 02/03
NOA received 02/09
Biometric letter received 02/09 (for 02/25)
walk in biometric 02/16
request of evidence received 03/04

Did not you submit copy of it in your AOS package sent to lockbox?

Yes I did, they even sent me the copy that I sent them saying they wanted the original...random. I thought you were only supposed to send copies of documents when you file and show originals at the interview. They are not asking for any other originals...Well not yet anyway!

hi forum friends, first of all congrats to all who got good news, and for the ones that didn't, just hang in there! well, I need some wise words /advices from all of you. In about a week it will be 4 months since i sent my aos package and it is over two months since the FP and no IL or any other updates yet! I did an infopass 3 weeks ago and i was told to be patient because we are still within the time frame and I should have something in the mail soon. I know both my files (KCC and AOS) are in Newark FO under review for a while now.. Do you guys think that my other cases files (I-140 and family base) is somehow delaying this process? Should I close them?? What to do next.. seat and wait? second infopass? what to say/ask? please just dont tell me to be patient, I don't think this is longer a option for me :( Thanks in advance for you imput.

Hi Enviro,

Good to hear this..

I got mine as well and they require both items also. I have already sent them a copy of my translated school certificate within the AOS package. Not sure what the problem is.

I have a question guys.. Is a walk-in interview possible? It seems many have done it for biometrics but i cant remember something similar for interviews.

Why would you need to do walk-in for interview? I suggest to be patient. I think it is not a good idea unless you have a compelling case to prove it. Never heard of this before.

I have a question guys.. Is a walk-in interview possible? It seems many have done it for biometrics but i cant remember something similar for interviews.

Why would you need to do walk-in for interview? I suggest to be patient. I think it is not a good idea unless you have a compelling case to prove it. Never heard of this before.

I might be there next week and was considering trying it.. anyways guess you're right.

Any update concerning your case?

Relax Laplace. I sent it on 12th and nothing yet.... Give them at least 30 days.

After having this nasty experience with USPS, I have started thinking that my package was lost. But you are right. I have to be patient. I hope you get yours back soon.

Hello Reptile,

My lawyer never submitted the High School Certificate. I have one which is equivalent to completing 12 yrs education in my country. and It is in English. But is there a way i can prove it is High School equivalent of US.

Secondly, so are you getting an Affidavit from Employer, I work for a big company, and I am unsure my company will cater to such a specific affidavit, it is not their HR policies. So i would not have that. Although I have a BS and MS and work as Engineer. Do you think Pay Stubs will suffice. I do have my Employment letter???

Thanks

Hey guys we have two interviews coming tommorow, good luck to Lution and edward1mel, wish you good luck and come back with good news.

Hey R2010,
Do you remember capeolive from last year. He mentioned that he had closed his pending I-140 as he thought that it would delay his DV case. Since you say that you have I-140 and also a family case, maybe it is delaying you as they need to ask for files that might be located in different offices. some Case that are very long behind on priority dates are buried and collecting dust somewhere...
If your DV case is a very strong one with nothing that can cause failure, i think you should cancel all other pending cases. You still have plenty of time...

hi forum friends, first of all congrats to all who got good news, and for the ones that didn't, just hang in there! well, I need some wise words /advices from all of you. In about a week it will be 4 months since i sent my aos package and it is over two months since the FP and no IL or any other updates yet! I did an infopass 3 weeks ago and i was told to be patient because we are still within the time frame and I should have something in the mail soon. I know both my files (KCC and AOS) are in Newark FO under review for a while now.. Do you guys think that my other cases files (I-140 and family base) is somehow delaying this process? Should I close them?? What to do next.. seat and wait? second infopass? what to say/ask? please just dont tell me to be patient, I don't think this is longer a option for me :( Thanks in advance for you imput.

Hey R2010,

As long as you have not filed an I-485 on another category prior to submitting your AOS (for yourself or anyone else) on your DV case you should be good. I had a similar dilemma and consulted Sheela Murthy. She mentioned that people who have two pending I-485 applications can get mired in very long delays if not rejections; but having an approved (or filed I-140) should not create any issues. In fact you should NOT give up on any other means to acquire the green card until you are in CPO for the DV case. If still in doubt consult a GOOD immigration attorney.

Hi everyone,

For the final interview, how do you provide proof that you maintained legal status? The only thing I have is my passport with my 3 past visa stamps and dozens of "admitted" stamps at ports of entry. And obviously the I94. What other kind of supporting evidence is there? Should I bring flights information of all my previous departures?

Interview

Our interview was this morning. Everything went smooth, I felt like it was just a formality. Only general questions were asked. We only had to show our passports and University diploma.
Just wanted to say thanks to everybody here who helped and good luck to those of you who are still waiting.

Thanks Yoni123 and SSJ1, well today we did our second infopass and got a very rude officer. to make a long sad story short.. first infopass: they told us TWICE that both files KCC and AOS were there under review, second infopass : suddently we have one file missing so they can not schedule a interview.. When we asked which file was missing and from where the officer mumbled "dont ask me any questions i am the middle man in here". Please share your thoughts on what should we do next.. KCC told us twice already that our DV file was transfered to the local USCIS on dec 17 2010..

Hi R2010,

We had the similar situation and we had a very very rude officer. You can see my post in the beginning of the February. Anyway, I would definitely recommend you write a letter explaining everything and send the letter with certified mail to your USCIS. Before writing my letter, I went to local USCIS office 4 times, and each time they said that they had requested the files and they had never received them. But when I called KCC, they said that they had sent the files once and they had not received any new request from USCIS office.

I tried to explain these things during infopasses but they did not even listen. I called KCC while I was in USCIS, but the officer did not even talk to KCC representative.

Then I wrote a letter and mailed with certified mail. 3 days later I called KCC, and I learned that USCIS made the request and KCC sent the files one more time.

I absolutely understand your frustration. For this reason, instead of doing infopasses, write a letter and explain everything and ask questions if you have any.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Yoni123 and SSJ1, well today we did our second infopass and got a very rude officer. to make a long sad story short.. first infopass: they told us TWICE that both files KCC and AOS were there under review, second infopass : suddently we have one file missing so they can not schedule a interview.. When we asked which file was missing and from where the officer mumbled "dont ask me any questions i am the middle man in here". Please share your thoughts on what should we do next.. KCC told us twice already that our DV file was transfered to the local USCIS on dec 17 2010..