• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Ssj1,
Go though the advanced notification part of the latest Visa Bulletin. You will see the CN that will be current for May 2011.

Would love to know where you're getting your information from! Would be very useful is USCIS posted their cutoffs for May now. All I see is March and April in the latest bulletin.

Guys, I have a question: My NOA I-797C has "Preference Classification" field blank. I was expecting it to be DV Diversity. Is it same for you all? Please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
Celinita,

Priority date is used for employment based AOS' thus it's not applicable for DVs and therefore blank. If you check Visa Bulletin for employment based AOS you may notice there're cut-off priority dates not numbers.

What says the field: Priority Date, in your notices? Mine is blank, an I have heard other similar case...Is it linked with one having sent the AOS package before to be current?

Similar cases (sent the AOS before being current) answers are appreciated!

KCC has requested DS-230 to be filed, since our family situation has changed. So just a couple of quick Q's.
1. If submitting the DS-230 to KCC, are photos and photocopies of civil documents required? Or is just the DS-230's ok, since the AOS package is going to be put together for the USCIS and will have those documents.
2. Do medicals have to be done prior to I-485 submission (and hence form I-693 submitted at the same time)? I think I know the answer looking through people's time line and on the USCIS website it does say to submit I-693 together with the I-485.

Thanks. Been getting some great advice and knowledge on here.

1. Call KCC and make sure but I would include 2 passport style color photographs for each member. What do you mean by civil documents here? If it is a marriage certificate or birth certificate for newly born, then sure.
2. Yes, include Form I-693 in a sealed envelope with your AOS packet to be sent to Chicago Lockbox.

KCC has requested DS-230 to be filed, since our family situation has changed. So just a couple of quick Q's.
1. If submitting the DS-230 to KCC, are photos and photocopies of civil documents required? Or is just the DS-230's ok, since the AOS package is going to be put together for the USCIS and will have those documents.
2. Do medicals have to be done prior to I-485 submission (and hence form I-693 submitted at the same time)? I think I know the answer looking through people's time line and on the USCIS website it does say to submit I-693 together with the I-485.

Thanks. Been getting some great advice and knowledge on here.

Celinita,

Priority date is used for employment based AOS' thus it's not applicable for DVs and therefore blank. If you check Visa Bulletin for employment based AOS you may notice there're cut-off priority dates not numbers.

Thank you so much Dimus!

You are kidding me right?
Just go to their main site or Google visa bulletin. You will see the numbers for May...

Would love to know where you're getting your information from! Would be very useful is USCIS posted their cutoffs for May now. All I see is March and April in the latest bulletin.

Hi All!

I just updated my signature as I had my biometrics appointment on wednesday (the 9th). There was 1 person before me and I sat for a few seconds before my number popped up. 10mns and I was done.

Waiting for the next step.

Leynabee

The same for me. It took 10 min. total for bio and it was probably the easiest step. Now we need to have such a lot of patience for the next steps...
Hi All!

I just updated my signature as I had my biometrics appointment on wednesday (the 9th). There was 1 person before me and I sat for a few seconds before my number popped up. 10mns and I was done.

Waiting for the next step.

Leynabee

Hi, feel;

Thank you for advising me to email to KCC about my receipt. I did and KCC replied about six days later. It stated that it didn't affect my case processing.

After reading some of our friends' postings, I have a question. It is necessary to have affidavit support filed along the i-845? I hold F-1 and just graduated last December, and am waiting for my EAD to be approved. Do I have to file affidavit support?

Online Status Check

I am trying to check my status online by going to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do Even if my Bio is done and now waiting for interview I am still getting:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

I am trying with a number like MSC1111XXXXXX which is called Application Number in NOA.

Can someone please confirm this is the number that you are using or something else?

Thanks

Receipt number you mentioned looks fine. May be some problems with the online system. If you like, you can call customer service center but it is not necessary I think. Good luck with your interview.

Online Status Check

I am trying to check my status online by going to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard.do Even if my Bio is done and now waiting for interview I am still getting:

Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

I am trying with a number like MSC1111XXXXXX which is called Application Number in NOA.

Can someone please confirm this is the number that you are using or something else?

Thanks