• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Hey guys!

I've been in Seattle during the past week so i'm just catching up. The pages of this forum fill up really quick! Congratulations Khayat and Tuscany for getting the card and those of you undergoing CPO (Morsa, Psl2r..). I suggest to add to the second spreadsheet a column stating the AOS-CPO timespan.

I'm also happy Izzy's process seems smooth.. and feel sorry to know she had personal reasons to leave the forum. Izzy, thx & good luck in ur life.

My medicals were finally done today. It took so long because of the extreme laziness of my civil surgeon, my Student Health Center's staff and myself.

I also have a question: I have to get back concerning an internship offer this summer and im unsure what to do/say:

- I think i will be sending my AOS package in February and the internship is supposed to start in May. Do you think guys this is enough time?
- If i dont get my card before May, can i go and work under my F1 license or should i do it under my EAD (if i ever get it before May)?
- Should i notify USCIS of my change of address during summer? and how would this affect my application that would be ongoing then?
- Although i know it is really unlikely, have you ever heard of a case where the package was submitted in one FO and the interview done in another?

Thanks!

Congrats natta, at least something is happing. right? otherwise the silence is difficult. Fingers crossed.
Hey guys, I got a text message today, my husband's AP was aproved.I guess our case is moving somewhere, hope to get the interview letters in the next few days.

Having your case move fast is always good. It is normal to be nervous before the interview. Just bring all the documents you have, but show them only if asked. It is better to be over prepared. You may also try calling KCC before to see if your file has been transferred to the local FO.

Finally I could reach someone in KCC they are completely saturated!... They told me that my case was transferred to my local office ... So I guess everything is going good!... Thank you Baobab.. I will let you know after tuesday what happened with me and my case!!!!

Hi everyone,

I know I posted this above, but if someone know that would really help me... do you know what's the purpose of the I94 you give? At which stage is the number used?
I'm trying to see if have 2 new I94s between the moment I send my package and the moment I receive the GC is going to be a problem...

Thanks in advance.

Finally I could reach someone in KCC they are completely saturated!... They told me that my case was transferred to my local office ... So I guess everything is going good!... Thank you Baobab.. I will let you know after tuesday what happened with me and my case!!!!

Willowher, I'm sure you'll be just fine during your interview in Houston. Jasmine from DV-2010 had a very smooth interview there earlier this year. You can read her interview experience here. Come back next Tuesday with good news :)

They need the I-94 to make sure you entered legally to the country.
Also any other I-94 will show change to other non-immigrant visas such as F1.
It is very important to be able to show them the I-94 unless you apply with 245i in which case you don't need it.

Hi everyone,

I know I posted this above, but if someone know that would really help me... do you know what's the purpose of the I94 you give? At which stage is the number used?
I'm trying to see if have 2 new I94s between the moment I send my package and the moment I receive the GC is going to be a problem...

Thanks in advance.

They need the I-94 to make sure you entered legally to the country.
Also any other I-94 will show change to other non-immigrant visas such as F1.
It is very important to be able to show them the I-94 unless you apply with 245i in which case you don't need it.

I understand that... but what happens if I give my I94 number and scan, but then leave the US and come back? Will that confuse them somehow?

Here is my thought, and other experts, please chime in:
Send whatever I-94s you have with you at the time of mailing AoS packet to Chicago. If you get a new I-94 between then and your Interview date, make sure you take it with you. Hope it helps.

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance.

When you come back, you will have your new I-94 with an admission stamp and make sure to take it with you to the interview. It is not a big deal.
By the way, is travel must for you? What is your current visa status?

If you plan to apply for AOS after you come back you can send the recent I-94 that you would get while entering US.

I understand that... but what happens if I give my I94 number and scan, but then leave the US and come back? Will that confuse them somehow?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on H1B right now. I'm supposed to travel for Xmas and mid-January, but not after that. So it's "sending now with I94 risk" vs "sending in a month and a half with fewer risk".

I agree. If something changes, like new I-94, just bring it to your interview.
But if you're under F visa, i would not recommend leaving after your file AOS, unless you get AP.

Here is my thought, and other experts, please chime in:
Send whatever I-94s you have with you at the time of mailing AoS packet to Chicago. If you get a new I-94 between then and your Interview date, make sure you take it with you. Hope it helps.

Sob,
with your 15xxx and being current in Feb, If I were you, i would travel as you plan with your H1B - no problem. Then as soon as you come back (mid Jan) send the AOS package.
There is only 1 month "loss time" for you, but you have more than enough time till Sep 30th, so I would not even be worried at all by this.

I'm on H1B right now. I'm supposed to travel for Xmas and mid-January, but not after that. So it's "sending now with I94 risk" vs "sending in a month and a half with fewer risk".