• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Thanks for your comments NirvanaGrunger, lucky2011 and nncu.

Wow, amazing work baobab !!! Thank God we have you as a member of the 2011 DV-AOS program.
It is mainly eye-candy at this point. Not something that we "must have". I think the stats will be more useful to those that become current in the second half of the year or even DV2012 applicants, as we get an increased number of data points.

Nice work! Are you sure this is not keeping you from your daytime job?

Found a typo: "Tme to interview"
Good catch. I fixed it after I saw your message.

To address your other comment, thanks to the snow and cold weather, I had an unplanned day off on Monday.
For some time I've been wanting to look over the Google API to see what it can do. This exercise was just the right excuse.
Although I only scratched the surface, I learned something new, so it is not wasted time for me.
I am hoping to add other things when I have time.

Congratulations Newbe and NirvanaGrunger to finally get the approval. You guys have been waiting for more than a few days.

Dear all,

I'm still not sure about the "Original Birth Certificate" that has to be provided for the interview. is it meant just a notarized copy of the document or sth else.

thanks

Sealight, What do you mean by NOA "returned" on the spreadsheet? Could you tell us?

Sealightt has not been active in this forum for two months. The "returned" entry is my note from my local spreadsheet. You would have to go back in this thread to messages around the middle of October when Sealightt posted that one application (I think he had 3 applications / 2 dependents) was returned due to a wrong check amount. He then posted a kind of good bye message, due to the detour his application had to take. This description is from memory. You'll have to check the posts for the details.

I felt that was an odd reaction because the forum is a good place to get help and support in case of a setback. I was hoping he will return with an update, especially as it seemed like only a small problem. But who knows what has determined him to cease contact.

Dear all,

I'm still not sure about the "Original Birth Certificate" that has to be provided for the interview. is it meant just a notarized copy of the document or sth else.

thanks
It means exactly what it says, the original Birth Certificate document from your native country. I suppose you included a copy of it in your package, as well as a certified translation.

Thanks Baobab for the clarification.

Sealightt has not been active in this forum for two months. The "returned" entry is my note from my local spreadsheet. You would have to go back in this thread to messages around the middle of October when Sealightt posted that one application (I think he had 3 applications / 2 dependents) was returned due to a wrong check amount. He then posted a kind of good bye message, due to the detour his application had to take. This description is from memory. You'll have to check the posts for the details.

I felt that was an odd reaction because the forum is a good place to get help and support in case of a setback. I was hoping he will return with an update, especially as it seemed like only a small problem. But who knows what has determined him to cease contact.

JS7,
You can ask your country's consulate to make you an official birth certificate in English with the government seal on it.

I usually takes them less than a week to make one since they have ready templates. Check you country's consulate website for their service list.

Dear all,

thanks

How did you like the rain Reptile?
Thanks for the wishes

here is my thoughts:
- I think i will be sending my AOS package in February and the internship is supposed to start in May. Do you think guys this is enough time?

It depends, You might be fine since sometimes it takes less than that to get the card. If you apply for EAD there is a chance that it might get ready before that. Are you now on opt? or are you studying? See, there is not definite answer here, cause there are people here from October who are unfortunately still waiting for their interview letter.

- If i don't get my card before May, can i go and work under my F1 license or should i do it under my EAD (if i ever get it before May)?
I know you can keep doing what you are doing if you have EAD and are working with it, you can continue without using your new EAD. I don't know if you can change your work with your OPT EAD. but I think if you are F1 now, you can not apply for OPT after you send your application. again, tell more about your status.

- Should i notify USCIS of my change of address during summer? and how would this affect my application that would be ongoing then?

this might make things complicated if you ask me. but, it is my opinion, have not heard if anybody moved before interview to another city. I heard they moved within a city but seems like you are moving to a different city. So I am sorry that I don't know, but I feel like it might get complicated since they might have to transfer your application to a new FO.

- Although i know it is really unlikely, have you ever heard of a case where the package was submitted in one FO and the interview done in another?
I guess I answered this too.

Feel, Baobab... What do you guys think of this?

Hey guys!

I've been in Seattle during the past week so i'm just catching up. The pages of this forum fill up really quick! Congratulations Khayat and Tuscany for getting the card and those of you undergoing CPO (Morsa, Psl2r..). I suggest to add to the second spreadsheet a column stating the AOS-CPO timespan.

I'm also happy Izzy's process seems smooth.. and feel sorry to know she had personal reasons to leave the forum. Izzy, thx & good luck in ur life.

My medicals were finally done today. It took so long because of the extreme laziness of my civil surgeon, my Student Health Center's staff and myself.

I also have a question: I have to get back concerning an internship offer this summer and im unsure what to do/say:

- I think i will be sending my AOS package in February and the internship is supposed to start in May. Do you think guys this is enough time?
- If i dont get my card before May, can i go and work under my F1 license or should i do it under my EAD (if i ever get it before May)?
- Should i notify USCIS of my change of address during summer? and how would this affect my application that would be ongoing then?
- Although i know it is really unlikely, have you ever heard of a case where the package was submitted in one FO and the interview done in another?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel, Baobab... What do you guys think of this?
I wish I had more definitive answers, but I do not know of any precedent.
I agree with khayat's analysis otherwise.

I think that nobody can answer this. There are too many variables and timelines vary from FO to FO, and from case to case. The average processing time is 3 months, so you have about 50% chance to finish your process before you move.

- If i don't get my card before May, can i go and work under my F1 license or should i do it under my EAD (if i ever get it before May)?
My opinion here is for you to continue using your OPT card even if you get your EAD. This way you maintain your non-immigrant status in the unlikely case that something bad happens with your AOS process.

If you do not notify them, you could just fly back for the interview on your appointment date.
But, as an alien, you are required to notify USCIS of any change of address (form AR-11).

Moreover, I do not know how the interviewing officer in your old FO would react if you resided (temporarily) in a different city/state. Here is the part where I do not know of any precedent, and I do not know what advice to give.
I would lean towards informing them of the change of address. Having your file move to a different FO would delay your case for sure, but it should not affect the outcome otherwise.

Even better, you may try calling USCIS, or doing an infopass, and ask them what should you do. But most likely you would have to talk to a supervisor, because the first tier staff may not have knowledge of things that are not in their script.

Hey guys!

I've been in Seattle during the past week so i'm just catching up. The pages of this forum fill up really quick! Congratulations Khayat and Tuscany for getting the card and those of you undergoing CPO (Morsa, Psl2r..). I suggest to add to the second spreadsheet a column stating the AOS-CPO timespan.

I'm also happy Izzy's process seems smooth.. and feel sorry to know she had personal reasons to leave the forum. Izzy, thx & good luck in ur life.

My medicals were finally done today. It took so long because of the extreme laziness of my civil surgeon, my Student Health Center's staff and myself.

I also have a question: I have to get back concerning an internship offer this summer and im unsure what to do/say:

IF YOU ARE ON OPT THEN WORK UNDER OPT STARTING MAY. DO NOT USE YOUR EAD(AOS BASED) UNTIL YOU GET YOUR GC.

- If i dont get my card before May, can i go and work under my F1 license or should i do it under my EAD (if i ever get it before May)?
YES YOU CAN WORK UNDER OPT I BELIEVE, BUT CANNOT YOU WAIT UNTIL YOU GET YOUR GC ? IF YES, THEN THERE WOULD BE NO COMPLICATIONS WHATSOEVER.
LEGALLY, YES. THIS MIGHT CAUSE DELAY COS IT NEEDS TO BE TRANSFERRED TO NEW FO. MAKE AN INFOPASS AND CHECK WITH USCIS.
I AM NOT AWARE OF ANY. BUT AGAIN TRY TO STAY WHERE YOU ARE IF POSSIBLE, JUST BECAUSE IT WOULD MAKE THE CASE SIMPLER. I HOPE YOU GET YOUR GC BY MAY..MAYBE, WHO KNOWS?

Thanks!

It means exactly what it says, the original Birth Certificate document from your native country. I suppose you included a copy of it in your package, as well as a certified translation.

but how does the officer want to check the original document in my native language with the notarized translated copy that I have submitted?

I called KCC today, and the man told me that my file has not yet been transferred to my local field office. does anyone have any idea what to do? (except getting an info pass)

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point you can do nothing other than making an infopass and let FO know about this. If possible, why don't you make an infopass at the end of next week and see what they say?

I called KCC today, and the man told me that my file has not yet been transferred to my local field office. does anyone has nay idea what to do? (except getting an info pass)

@ khayat

thanks for your suggestion. I have submitted a notarized copy of my birth certificate. It was notarized in my country. so is it enough or I have to get one from my embassy.

Hi Guys,

Today I received email from USCIS that "Card Production is ordered for I-765 Employment Authorization"

That's a great news for me.