• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

As for as I understand, none from Baltimore got the bio. My local office in Baltimore (though not for bio, this one in Wheaton), Tuscony's offive in Baltimore too and he didn't get any appointment. Sundaram didnt either.

Sorry Sundaram, I didnt see you are current in November. So I dont count you. I hope Tuscony got it today

I am relaxed. But the majority of people got it last week. It's difficult to relax when every day you expect it to come but find the mail empty. Sorry if irritate and annoy you. I'm trying to understand why it takes so long: our field office, immigration status or smth else. Nobody is in the panic. We are just supposing and discussing.

hahah.. well said NuvF. I was going to say it if you didnt!

We still have 11 months till the end of the fiscal year and 3 months till the Spring semester for those interested in applying for in-state tuition. Mount Fuji can be knocked down in shorter time.

I hope to be current in February or March, but cant stop thinking about people who would be current in July or August.

Good luck.. Hopefully you'll be all fine

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, I just received my NOA. Now waiting for biometrics notice. I have a question: While this whole I-485/GC thing is pending, is it possible to go out of the country? I really want to visit Canada for few days. Do I have to request for any document from USCIS to use as a travel doc or so? Currently I am in H1 status and I do not have stamp in my passport, because last time entered with H4 stamp and then switched to H1 status. Please suggest!

Best of luck everybody!!

Sorry Sundaram, I didnt see you are current in November. So I dont count you. I hope Tuscony got it today

Antin,
You know my position in this matter, no one should be aggravated, we might be current in the same month but we might not all get our GC in the same month. It's a marathon not a sprint, it takes a while, over 2million did the 2011 DV lottery, a few of us were selected and some of our good guys in this forum still have to wait for their numbers to be current in a few months, we should not rock the boat, stay calm, it's gonna happen. And to answer your question, I did not get my biometrics today, whenever it comes, it comes, once I get my Green Card before September 2012, am good. That's what matters.

Hi All, I just received my NOA. Now waiting for biometrics notice. I have a question: While this whole I-485/GC thing is pending, is it possible to go out of the country? I really want to visit Canada for few days. Do I have to request for any document from USCIS to use as a travel doc or so? Currently I am in H1 status and I do not have stamp in my passport, because last time entered with H4 stamp and then switched to H1 status. Please suggest!

Best of luck everybody!!

Lipna,
My wife came in on B1/B2, she changed to F2, then to H1. we travelled to Canada last year on her H1 & my F1, we returned with no problem at all but like I think Khayat or someone said, it might depend on your country of origin, citizens of some countries are not allowed to go to Canada & Mexico without getting a new visa. The key is which country are you from, as per your status H1, you qualify to travel to Canada for not more than 30 days. You must not
stay in Canada for more than 30 days. I visited there last year and came back into US. but you might want to consult widely just to be sure

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Tuscany. I am originally from Bangladesh, and I heard about the 30 days thing before, but I also heard that, it is recommended not to take the risk :( So I am kinda hesitant to do so. The best would be if I can get a travel document or something like that from USCIS which makes it 100% legal to go out of Canada, would be great :)

Lipna,
My wife came in on B1/B2, she changed to F2, then to H1. we travelled to Canada last year on her H1 & my F1, we returned with no problem at all but like I think Khayat or someone said, it might depend on your country of origin, citizens of some countries are not allowed to go to Canada $ Mexico without getting a new visa. The key is which country are you from, as per your status H1, you qualify to travel to Canada for not more than 30 days. You must not
stay in Canada for more than 30 days. I visited there last year and came back into US. but you might want to consult widely just to be sure

Lipna, in order for you to get a travel pasport you should have applied for it with your Aos package.

Thanks Tuscany. I am originally from Bangladesh, and I heard about the 30 days thing before, but I also heard that, it is recommended not to take the risk :( So I am kinda hesitant to do so. The best would be if I can get a travel document or something like that from USCIS which makes it 100% legal to go out of Canada, would be great :)

Hi Lipna,
As you have already submitted your I-485 you should not travel out of the country without getting your Advance Parole (document for permission to travel, form I-131) approved first. There are complications if you travel without this document I believe, but best you consult a lawyer if you really need to travel.

Best of luck everybody!!

Lipna, I agree with SSJ1, is it really that important for you to travel to Canada while your case is pending? Better not take any risks, Canada will always be there, while such an oportunity to get the Green Card might not be.

Thanks natta & ssj1 for the reply. I did not know about the I-131 thing :( Anyway, it isn't urgent for me to go, I was just thinking if I could, I would have, but it seems I can't :( I'll just wait for now!

Good Choice Lipna, be patient and things will be ok.

Thanks natta & ssj1 for the reply. I did not know about the I-131 thing :( Anyway, it isn't urgent for me to go, I was just thinking if I could, I would have, but it seems I can't :( I'll just wait for now!