• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Here is the USCIS link with tips for assembling the package... Please make sure to check the visa bulletin to ensure your CN is current or will be current very soon (within 30 - 60 days) prior to submission.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=ff053d146a7ee010VgnVCM1000000ecd190aRCRD

Hi guys,

I have a quick question. Someone had posted awhile back about how to assemble the aos package. I cant seem to locate that post as this forum has so advance. I was wondering would stapling the applications be okay? Or What should one use to keep everything together. Do you right your case number on all your documents?
Thanks

Hi mzuri,

Please see the following link for assembling tips.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=fe529c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD
Hi guys,

I have a quick question. Someone had posted awhile back about how to assemble the aos package. I cant seem to locate that post as this forum has so advance. I was wondering would stapling the applications be okay? Or What should one use to keep everything together. Do you right your case number on all your documents?
Thanks

Update: Finally, after two weeks I received the acceptance notification. The USCIS employee who is opening the envelopes must be back from vacation.

Sundaram, I hope you received your notifications as well.

Not yet, I am really worried...
Update: Finally, after two weeks I received the acceptance notification. The USCIS employee who is opening the envelopes must be back from vacation.

Sundaram, I hope you received your notifications as well.

Not yet, I am really worried...

I am sorry to hear that. Give it a few more days. You either get it, or you receive your NOA by snail mail, or in the worst case scenario they return your package.
There is no final rejection at this step. In the worst case you would have to refile and they obviously did not cash your check.
Since you used a lawyer, did he/she file a G-1145 form for you?

I understand your worries. I had them as well. In fact, it was more the uncertainty if the package will be returned or not.

hi reptile, how I know that I am current?

Hi Msodiqus,

As lisa mentioned, you are current for October so you were eligible to send your package on or after October 1st. From your earlier post, i understood you've already sent the package, but since you dont seem familiar with the process, what did you include in it? You can find hereunder a list previously communicated in this forum. Note that not all items are mandatory (like financial responsibility and affidavit of support) but it is recommended to have them. You may want to check that list just to avoid later surprises.

In support of the referenced application, I am enclosing the following:
1. Form I-485 - Application to Adjust Status.
2. Personal check of $1,010 - Filing Fee for I-485 ($930) and Biometrics ($80).
3. Two identical color Photographs.
4. Form G-325A - Biographic Information.
5. Form I-693 - Report of Medical Examination in sealed envelope.
6. Form I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization.
7. Two identical color Photographs.
8. Copies of Notice of Actions for Employment Authorization - total 3 NOAs.
9. Copy of EADs - total 3 EADs.
10. Copy of DV2010 1st Notification Letter - Selection Letter from DOS, KCC.
11. Copy of Barcode Page from KCC.
12. Copy of 2nd Letter from KCC - Acknowledging intention to apply for AOS.
13. Copy of Receipt of AOS Fee Payment of $440 to Department of State.
14. Copy of Passport - Relevant Pages.
15. Copy of Last I-94 - Front and Back.
16. Copies of nonimmigrant US Visas
17. Copy of Birth Certificate with Certified Translation.
18. Copy of High School Diploma with Certified Translation.
19. Copy of University Diploma with Certified Translation.
20. Copy of Driver's License.
21. Copy of Social Security Card.

22. Financial Details
22.1. Copy of Employment Letter - Confirming Employment and Salary.
22.2. Copy of Recent Paystubs - Last 3 paystubs.
22.3. Copy of 2009 Federal Tax Returns and W-2.
22.4. Copy of X Bank Statements - Last 6 Statements.

Good luck

Thank you reptile,yes I've sent on Monday,all the papers above mentioned,except couple of them,like social s.card,ID and barcode page,and i only sent University diploma.and i think employment auth. i can do later on,current EA will expire in May.
Should I send copy of SSN and ID card now?

thanks....

Hi guys,

Thanks for the assembling tips. Those were great.
One more question.....do you send in the original DV notification letter (NL1) with the AOS package or a copy?

Thanks again. I will update my status. However, I am current in November.

@Msodiqus7: I dont think it's necessary at this stage. What they need at this moment is a copy of the passport, I-94, all non-immigrant visas and I-20s (not even sure if I-20s are mandatory). But i would bring my I-20s, SSN and ID/Driver license to the interview as well.

@mzuri: You should send a copy of it.

This is as far as i know..

assembling help

could you however staple the 1-485 forms together.......since they are 6 they dont require huge staples?

I guess I should sent copy of my receipts for payment of DV Lottery fees as well?

Yes, you should send the copy of your DV payment receipt otherwise they will not go ahead with the processing.

mzuri

assembling help
could you however staple the 1-485 forms together.......since they are 6 they dont require huge staples?

Try not to staple anything, use clips instead.

Hi Guys.
I had my biometrics appointment for today. pretty easy process, it took like 15 minutes for both of us, me and my husband. We had code 3 biometrics, so they took fingerptints for both hands and then each finger separate, they also took our signiture and photo as well, and we were done in no time. Now waiting for the interview to be scheduled. Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the information Natta! Did you just take your passport and NOAs with you?

-----
2011AS00006XXX
05/04/10: NL1 received
05/28/10: Forms sent
06/01/10: Medicals done
07/01/10: NL2 received
08/13/10: Fee sent (440/-)
09/02/10: Receipt received with PAID stamp.
10/06/10: AOS package sent to Chicago
10/07/10: Delivered and signed for by Chiba
10/20/10: NOA received
10/23/10: Biometrics appointment notification received for 11/17

Hi Guys.
I had my biometrics appointment for today. pretty easy process, it took like 15 minutes for both of us, me and my husband. We had code 3 biometrics, so they took fingerptints for both hands and then each finger separate, they also took our signiture and photo as well, and we were done in no time. Now waiting for the interview to be scheduled. Good luck everyone.

Hi Guys.

Hi Natta,

Did they use an ink for the fingerprints or was it some though the machine, same as at the airport or embassy?

Thank you

you are so funny, no one uses ink anymore, ink was like last century, now it is similar to what they have at the embassy when you get the visa.

Hi Natta,

Did they use an ink for the fingerprints or was it some though the machine, same as at the airport or embassy?

Thank you

Hey ssj1 I took onlymy biometrics notice and the pasport and Vermont ID that I have. They stamped the biometrics nottice and looked at the pasport for the name, but did not look at the Vermont ID that I had as well and then they check with you if all the info they have in the computer is acurate, like last name, first name, adress and DOB

Thanks for the information Natta! Did you just take your passport and NOAs with you?

-----
2011AS00006XXX
05/04/10: NL1 received
05/28/10: Forms sent
06/01/10: Medicals done
07/01/10: NL2 received
08/13/10: Fee sent (440/-)
09/02/10: Receipt received with PAID stamp.
10/06/10: AOS package sent to Chicago
10/07/10: Delivered and signed for by Chiba
10/20/10: NOA received
10/23/10: Biometrics appointment notification received for 11/17

you are so funny, no one uses ink anymore, ink was like last century, now it is similar to what they have at the embassy when you get the visa.

:) thats' good

Last year in NY I did fingerprinting for one of my certifications, and it was done the old way. I took my some time to wash it off with cheap soap int he restroom:)

Really?
never even seen or heard about using ink before, all the plaaces I know use electronic fingerprinting.

:) thats' good

Last year in NY I did fingerprinting for one of my certifications, and it was done the old way. I took my some time to wash it off with cheap soap int he restroom:)