• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 AOS Only

Antin, even though many understood what you said, some people dont and its kind of annoying, so pleae stick to english please.
P.S. Any news of your biometrics?

Hey Natta,

How do you think when we are supposed to get interview letter, generally?

I am F-1 and my package was received on Oct 3 but still no biometrics..
What can I do to follow up the case? Can anybody help please?
Thanks !!

keepkeep

I think we should give them some time but next week most likely you'll get your biometrics. It also depends on mail delivery in your area, if it's slow or fast and how far you live from Lee Summit, Missouri.

For example, my notice date was 10/15 but I got biometrics on 10/21. In other words it took 6 days for me to deliver mail. Probably your notice of date based on your I-485 submission (Oct 3) is also 10/15, but it takes 8-9 days for the mail to arrive to your area from Missouri (depending how far you live from Missouri) so you will get it on Monday or Tuesday.

Hey dalerpulatov, I don't know exactly, I read and reread the 2010 and 2009 forums and different people got their interview letters at different times. But I think it's a good thing that we already got the biometrics appointments, which means things are moving alone, now it all depends of the local office and the location, how busy they are and how do they treat the DV cases in comparison to other I485, even though from friends that have filed I485 thi year mariage based, things moved pretty fast at my local office, so fingers crossed, waiting for next week to check the mail again and to do my biometrics on thursday at 10 am :)
Hey Natta,

How do you think when we are supposed to get interview letter, generally?

Hey dalerpulatov, I don't know exactly, I read and reread the 2010 and 2009 forums and different people got their interview letters at different times. But I think it's a good thing that we already got the biometrics appointments, which means things are moving alone, now it all depends of the local office and the location, how busy they are and how do they treat the DV cases in comparison to other I485, even though from friends that have filed I485 thi year mariage based, things moved pretty fast at my local office, so fingers crossed, waiting for next week to check the mail again and to do my biometrics on thursday at 10 am :)

I think we will get interview letter not earlier than 2 weeks after biometrics was done. Approximately after 15th of November.

Antin, I am not really annoyed as I understand russian, but other guys dont in this forum, and then I dont speak roumanian with baobab even though we both speak roumanian. So thats why lets keep it to english for everyone to understand cause the forum is for every one to learn from the posts.

poor natta, you are gonna be so annoyed. Too many foreign languages for you.:)

Antin, I am not really annoyed as I understand russian, but other guys dont in this forum, and then I dont speak roumanian with baobab even though we both speak roumanian. So thats why lets keep it to english for everyone to understand cause the forum is for every one to learn from the posts.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! English ONLY pls, other languages could be in PM...THANKS.

Hi guys,

After reading some of the alarming postings of the people who, like me, haven't gotten their biometrics notices yet, I checked my mail today with shaky hands. But IT WAS THERE and it feels like a huge relief. My appointment is for November 16 in Dover, DE, the capital of the state where I live. After that, I'm not sure what follows. I heard that the interviews for people in DE take place only in Philadelphia, which is a big and crowded center, so I expect it will take a while to get there.

CN 2011EU3XXX, AOS
4/25/2010 received 1st NL
5/3/2010 sent ds230, 122 to KCC
6/10/2010 medicals finished
6/14/2010 received 2nd NL
6/17/2010 sent $375 DOS check
6/25/2010 received 1st DOS receipt
8/2/2010 sent $65 DOS check
8/10/2010 received 2nd DOS check
10/01/2010 AOS package sent to Chicago
10/04/2010 AOS package delievered
10/15/2010 USCIS acceptance confirmation
10/15/2010 check cashed
10/19/2010 I-797 letter received
10/25/2010 bioemtrics notice (I-797C) received
11/16/2010 biometrics appt.

Hey Tuscany, any news about your biometrics as I see you received the NOAs early but I dont see anything regarding your biometrics?

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! English ONLY pls, other languages could be in PM...THANKS.

Hey Tuscany, any news about your biometrics as I see you received the NOAs early but I dont see anything regarding your biometrics?

Thanks Natta,

I made a few consultations and i have been told that the Biometrics Notices are sent only based on the Application Support Center (ASC) 's processing time schedule. If the ASC that handles your local office and case have many pending cases, you will not be issued a Biometrics notice until they know that they have personnel and time to service you. Baltimore falls in this category. Right now, they are trying to clear the backlog so they can begin taking the 2011 AOS applicants/candidates.

However, no matter how it goes, every AOS applicant/candidate MUST get a biometrics notice within 30days of NOA. If a AOS applicant with NOA does not get it after 30days, he/she must call USCIS immediately. I was told that i should get my biometrics notice latest by November 8. I know it will come so am not worried. The fact is that a Snail will always get to it's destination, no matter how slow, i have waited over 6years for this, a few more months won't kill. Thanks for asking.When you go for your Biometrics on the 28th kindly note/observe the whole process and come back to share with us all after. You are our flagship in this area, we count on you and wish you the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much Tuscany.
I will definetly share my experience with you guys after doing the Biometrics, as I am the first one this year to go for biometrics. I guess you are right regarding patience, we just need to wait and believe that it all be allright and prepare for it. I am ready for the biometrics and waiting for the interview nottice which most probably will come after I do my biometrics, hope in the next two weeks. Good luck to you too and keep us posted on your case :)

Thanks Natta,

I made a few consultations and i have been told that the Biometrics Notices are sent only based on the Application Support Center (ASC) 's processing time schedule. If the ASC that handles your local office and case have many pending cases, you will not be issued a Biometrics notice until they know that they have personnel and time to service you. Baltimore falls in this category. Right now, they are trying to clear the backlog so they can begin taking the 2011 AOS applicants/candidates.

However, no matter how it goes, every AOS applicant/candidate MUST get a biometrics notice within 30days of NOA. If a AOS applicant with NOA does not get it after 30days, he/she must call USCIS immediately. I was told that i should get my biometrics notice latest by November 8. I know it will come so am not worried. The fact is that a Snail will always get to it's destination, no matter how slow, i have waited over 6years for this, a few more months won't kill. Thanks for asking.When you go for your Biometrics on the 28th kindly note/observe the whole process and come back to share with us all after. You are our flagship in this area, we count on you and wish you the best.

Who was the first person to be issued a GC through the DV last year?

Do you know when the first DV based GC was issued last year? Maybe natta will beat that record...

Hey SSJ1. I dont want to beat any records, just want to get my green card faster and to stop the wait thats killing me :( Regarding last year, the earliest interviews were mid november , I think November 17 and 24th were the earliest interviews. Lets see how this year is going to be. Hope for the best :)

Do you know when the first DV based GC was issued last year? Maybe natta will beat that record...

I know..! I'm sure we will all breathe a little easier afterwards... Fingers crossed!

Hey SSJ1. I dont want to beat any records, just want to get my green card faster and to stop the wait thats killing me :( Regarding last year, the earliest interviews were mid november , I think November 17 and 24th were the earliest interviews. Lets see how this year is going to be. Hope for the best :)

People are so inpatient. It's getting hard to read the forum now.

It's not gonna kill anybody to wait couple weeks or a month for the green card.

You won it, you got a great opportunity, so be thanksfull.

I'd had to wait 7 more years for my the EB3 category to be come current, so it's OK to wait a month or so. Some of you just recently came to the country.

Most of you have bio scheduled already and all you talk that wait is killing you. You filed your package less then 3 weeks, just relax.

People are so inpatient. It's getting hard to read the forum now.

It's not gonna kill anybody to wait couple weeks or a month for the green card.

You won it, you got a great opportunity, so be thanksfull.

I'd had to wait 7 more years for my the EB3 category to be come current, so it's OK to wait a month or so. Some of you just recently came to the country.

Most of you have bio scheduled already and all you talk that wait is killing you. You filed your package less then 3 weeks, just relax.

I agree. People, the majority of us should just chill. There is a time frame in which this will happen, and it depends on various factors. But if you have a complete application, and barring some unfortunate twists, it will happen sooner or later. No use fretting over things, just because the mail came a few days late here or there. Breathe!