• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 anyone received second letter?

Good news! I just received an email from the KCC :

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Paris on January 20, 2010. A notification letter will be mailed to you from KCC within the next 7-10 business days. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

I won't spend the holidays in Atlanta, but it doesn't matter anymore, Im so happy to have my date!!!!
I will keep everyone updated on my case... Good luck for the rest of us who are waiting for the 2NL or interviews dates...
Oh.. now I have to sort out if I need to re-do my police record from Canada... (it was done on the 16th of september)

Good news! I just received an email from the KCC :

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Paris on January 20, 2010. A notification letter will be mailed to you from KCC within the next 7-10 business days. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

I won't spend the holidays in Atlanta, but it doesn't matter anymore, Im so happy to have my date!!!!
I will keep everyone updated on my case... Good luck for the rest of us who are waiting for the 2NL or interviews dates...
Oh.. now I have to sort out if I need to re-do my police record from Canada... (it was done on the 16th of september)

congratulation, you ll be fine at he interview, the canadian police record is still valid for january 2011, please give us a feedback.......i have to wait until september 2011 to be current .........

It took me 5 weeks to get the police record from the RCMP (from overseas) and it was quite expensive since I had to pay to get the fingerprints done in the UK... I was quite lucky because it can take up to 4-5 months to get the police record when you ask from overseas.
I sent an email last night to the US embassy in Paris and they reply to me this morning :

Madam,

IF you did not return to Canada after you applied for that police certificate you may consider the fingerprinted document from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) as valid.

Sincerely

Immigrant Visa Section
American Embassy, Paris France

SO IM GOOD TO GO!!!! IM READY FOR MY INTERVIEW, GOT ALL MY DOCUMENTS, just need to re-do my birth certificate and my police record from france which is free and quick!

Good luck everyone! What a relief!

congratulation, you ll be fine at he interview, the canadian police record is still valid for january 2011, please give us a feedback.......i have to wait until september 2011 to be current .........

Thanks dadadada72,
Patience my friend... I know it not easy to wait, but there's nothing else we can do :-(

Hi all
I sent an e-mail to kcc yesterday and asked for my interview date; that is the response I've just received:

"An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lome on January 4, 2011. A notification letter will be mailed to you from KCC within the next 7-10 business days. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy."
thank God for news and good luck to all of us

Case Number - 2011AS00019XXX
First NL received- 05th August 2010
Forms sent to kcc -14th August 2010(Through DHL courier services)
Forms received by kcc- 18th August 2010.
DHL confirmed the delivery on 18th august'10 and KCC confimed the receipt of documents by email on 26th August 2010.
Police clearance received- 31st October 2010(Approved by sri lanka US Embassy)
Second NL received- Waiting.

Hi! To all 2011 winners of this forum. I was so interested,after i read your articles regarding your current status. So, i registered my self in this forum to share my information and status with you guys.
On 13th November i sent an email to kcc and i got a reply on 16th novmeber 2010, saying that my aplications are processed and waiting to allocate a date for the visa interview. I called kcc on 17th November and the officer informed me the same. I think i will have my interview in Month of April or May 2011.
KCC really doing a good job, they reply to your emails constantly. I used to send many emails to kcc to clarify information regarding my case since, i was notified i am a winner and they used to reply immediately within 3 to 5 days.

Keep in touch with this forum and update your status.
God is great, he made us winners in 2011 dvlottery.
Good luck to all who has got second letter for the visa interview and who hoping to face the interview in november/december.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi! Labora2
Congrats! Its great news, you got the second letter. Really it takes time for the whole process. KCC is very busy with all the process, they have to do all work related to all the winners and applications. Hence, they need time to complete untl they allocate our visa appointments with relevant embassies.
God is great, god made us winners in 2011 dvlottery. God will be with us until the end of the process.

Hope you have finished the medical.
Good luck for your interview in december 2010.

Hi all
I sent an e-mail to kcc yesterday and asked for my interview date; that is the response I've just received:

"An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lome on January 4, 2011. A notification letter will be mailed to you from KCC within the next 7-10 business days. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy."
thank God for news and good luck to all of us
Only one step to the visa, okml. Wish u all the best.

Hi! Labora2
Congrats! Its great news, you got the second letter. Really it takes time for the whole process. KCC is very busy with all the process, they have to do all work related to all the winners and applications. Hence, they need time to complete untl they allocate our visa appointments with relevant embassies.
God is great, god made us winners in 2011 dvlottery. God will be with us until the end of the process.

Hope you have finished the medical.
Good luck for your interview in december 2010.

Hi Lasantha Amal,
Thanks a lot. Yes, we need to thank God for all His gifts. He has been leading us through all kinds of tests and obstacles. You are also right that He will be with us throughout all our processes. I also appreciate the people at kcc for their stamina in serving more than 100,000 selectees. They are doing a great job. As to me, I have completed the medicals and am waiting for the day of the interview. I hope it will be alright. You also need to collect your documents and prepare yourself for that day. I wish you a smooth dv process and good luck.

i will explain my case, KCC sent me the interview date but did not put my husband as beneficiarie, i have tried to contact local consulate by phone , no answer, and sent some mails almos 15 days ago , also no anser, any idea what to do, should i go with my husband top the interview? other question is,i have 2 children the older one if from my fist marriage, she is a girl and she wants to stay in our home country until she finished her high school tha is 4 years ahead. i divorced her fater and met my actual husband we marriage in oct 2010 but we live together since 2002 an we have other children , he is 3 and we are planning to travel together, is a children a proof that my marriage is for real? and the othe question is can my doughter get the gc if she planning to travel to join me 4 years ahead,sorry but im knew and all is new for me.
Tks in davance

Hi Lasantha Amal,
Thanks a lot. Yes, we need to thank God for all His gifts. He has been leading us through all kinds of tests and obstacles. You are also right that He will be with us throughout all our processes. I also appreciate the people at kcc for their stamina in serving more than 100,000 selectees. They are doing a great job. As to me, I have completed the medicals and am waiting for the day of the interview. I hope it will be alright. You also need to collect your documents and prepare yourself for that day. I wish you a smooth dv process and good luck.

Hi! Labora2
Thanks a lot. Yes,almost my documents are ready. waiting for the second letter,then have to go through my medical.
Good luck! Keep in touch.

Case Number - 2011AS00019XXX
First NL received- 05th August 2010
Forms sent to kcc -14th August 2010(Through DHL courier services)
Forms received by kcc- 18th August 2010.
DHL confirmed the delivery on 18th august'10 and KCC confimed the receipt of documents by email on 26th August 2010.
Police clearance received- 31st October 2010(Approved by sri lanka US Embassy)
Second NL received- Waiting.

i will explain my case, KCC sent me the interview date but did not put my husband as beneficiarie, i have tried to contact local consulate by phone , no answer, and sent some mails almos 15 days ago , also no anser, any idea what to do, should i go with my husband top the interview? other question is,i have 2 children the older one if from my fist marriage, she is a girl and she wants to stay in our home country until she finished her high school tha is 4 years ahead. i divorced her fater and met my actual husband we marriage in oct 2010 but we live together since 2002 an we have other children , he is 3 and we are planning to travel together, is a children a proof that my marriage is for real? and the othe question is can my doughter get the gc if she planning to travel to join me 4 years ahead,sorry but im knew and all is new for me.
Tks in davance
Hi tarmac,
There are some questions you need to make clear: 1) Whom did you fill as your husband on the eDV (your first online dv application?) 2) Did you fill your current husband on ds 230 form? 3) Did you mention on form ds 230 that your first child will not be accompanying you to the US but that she will go later? 4) When exactly did you marry your current husband? before or after applying for the eDV?
I think these points need to be clear for forum members to give you some ideas. Good luck.

Lasantha Amal,

How did you get your Police Clearance from Sri Lanka?

According to the Colombo US Embassy website applicants need a Police clearance need to request their Sri Lankan police report from US Embassy by writing to consularcolombo@state.gov with the information requested. Is that what you did? Did you know how long did it take you to receive the Police clearance from the Embassy?

Thank you

Hi tarmac,
There are some questions you need to make clear: 1) Whom did you fill as your husband on the eDV (your first online dv application?) 2) Did you fill your current husband on ds 230 form? 3) Did you mention on form ds 230 that your first child will not be accompanying you to the US but that she will go later? 4) When exactly did you marry your current husband? before or after applying for the eDV?
I think these points need to be clear for forum members to give you some ideas. Good luck.

Hello labora2, ok i will tri, when i filled eDV i did as divorced, i fill first ds230 for my childrens, as they want to travel with me, i sent those form to KCC, then in oct 2010 i got married again, and contacted to kcc to update my info sending ds 230 for me updated and for my husband, in the ds230 my older son wants to travel with me but now she decided to stay here in our country. my second husband is the father of my second son and is the person wich i sent ds230 in oct after getting married.
KCC sent me appoinment letter but my husband is not as beneficiarie, so i dont know waht to do? please i need help since my interview is in dec 21