• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2011 anyone received second letter?

Hello labora2, ok i will tri, when i filled eDV i did as divorced, i fill first ds230 for my childrens, as they want to travel with me, i sent those form to KCC, then in oct 2010 i got married again, and contacted to kcc to update my info sending ds 230 for me updated and for my husband, in the ds230 my older son wants to travel with me but now she decided to stay here in our country. my second husband is the father of my second son and is the person wich i sent ds230 in oct after getting married.
KCC sent me appoinment letter but my husband is not as beneficiarie, so i dont know waht to do? please i need help since my interview is in dec 21
To be honest, I dont think there is much you can do except try harder to contact both the embassy and KCC, and tell both of them about the incorrect details. Keep phoning, send emails every day, phone some more. The embassies are very busy, but if you keep trying you will get through eventually.

Hello labora2, ok i will tri, when i filled eDV i did as divorced, i fill first ds230 for my childrens, as they want to travel with me, i sent those form to KCC, then in oct 2010 i got married again, and contacted to kcc to update my info sending ds 230 for me updated and for my husband, in the ds230 my older son wants to travel with me but now she decided to stay here in our country. my second husband is the father of my second son and is the person wich i sent ds230 in oct after getting married.
KCC sent me appoinment letter but my husband is not as beneficiarie, so i dont know waht to do? please i need help since my interview is in dec 21
Hi tarmac, kcc didn't include ur husband as a beneficiary because ur updates reached them very late after they have already arranged ur interview date. After now u can only contact the embassy about any issue. If possible, try repeatedly to contact the embassy to get advise from them. If they don't respond, ur option is to take the updated ds 230 forms to the interview with strong evidence for ur marriage. You need to take photos, letters, joint bank accounts and the like. You will tell the officer that u tried to inform kcc but it was late. Regarding ur older child, I think there will be no big problem and they will understand the situation. I think it would have been better if u had mentioned on ur ds 230 form that ur first child would be following you to the US at a later time. Anyway, u will tell them at the interview that he changed his mind now. You have to know that the issue of ur husband especially may cost u your chances of getting a visa. U need to prepare very well. The fact that u have a child from him may be helpful for your case. I wish u all the best and good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lasantha Amal,

How did you get your Police Clearance from Sri Lanka?

According to the Colombo US Embassy website applicants need a Police clearance need to request their Sri Lankan police report from US Embassy by writing to consularcolombo@state.gov with the information requested. Is that what you did? Did you know how long did it take you to receive the Police clearance from the Embassy?

Thank you

Hi! Sand2010
I sent my details to sri lanka us embassy(Email- consularcolombo@state.gov) I sent my details on 19th september 2010 and received the letter on 31st october 2010.
It will take about 06.weeks. You will receive a confirmation through your email once they submitted your infor. to sri lankan authorities. Once your letter is ready us embassy will send the original letter to the sri lankan address given in the details and a copy will be sent to your email address. Letter is from sri lanka us embassy signed by vise consul, stating that you are clear from sri lanka authorities.

Case Number - 2011AS00019XXX
Winning was confirmd by us state department website on 03/07/2010.
First NL received- 05th August 2010(Through email) Dated 03/05/2010.
(Original letter was not received through normal post,it has been misplaced.)
Forms sent to kcc on 14th August 2010(Through DHL courier services)
Forms received by kcc- 18th August 2010.
DHL confirmed the delivery on 18th august'10 and KCC confimed the receipt of documents by email on 26th August 2010.
Police clearance received- 31st October 2010(Approved by Sri lanka US Embassy)
16/11/2010 KCC confirmed by email,application is processed and pending for visa allocation.
(Called kcc on 17/11/2010 and was confirmed by officer of kcc)
Second NL received - Waiting.
Medical Report - Waiting.
Interview Date - Waiting.
Visa pick-up - Waiting.

Hi! Sand2010
Please feed your details in this forum.
Case number, 1NL received date, when documents sent to kcc and other information.
Good luck.

DHL confirmed the delivery on 18th august'10 and KCC confimed the receipt of documents by email on 26th August 2010.
16/11/2010 KCC confirmed by email,application is processed and pending for visa allocation.
Visa pick-up - Waiting.

Hi all
I sent an e-mail to kcc yesterday and asked for my interview date; that is the response I've just received:
Thank you for your inquiry.

"An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Lome on January 4, 2011. A notification letter will be mailed to you from KCC within the next 7-10 business days. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy."
thank God for news and good luck to all of us

Hi! Okml
Its great and good news. Good luck for your interview. God will be with us until end of the process.

Visa pick-up - Waiting.

Hi LASANTHA AMAL
thanks a lot, and i wish all the best to you in the name of God the Great

hi there
i just realized that i won dv lotterry 2011 on nov 3,2010 via their web site then i went to the post office to check my mail pox but unfortunetly they told me that they sent it back to kcc and then i had tried to contact kcc via email and they confirmed that i can send it to them with out my case number so i sent it on nov 11,2010 via DHL and DHL sent me an email of delivery confirmation on nov 16,2010.since then i heard nothing about my case from kcc so do u think that they have received my doc and if so why dont they let me know the delivery and sent me my case number,pls somebody tell me something.than u

hi there
i just realized that i won dv lotterry 2011 on nov 3,2010 via their web site then i went to the post office to check my mail pox but unfortunetly they told me that they sent it back to kcc and then i had tried to contact kcc via email and they confirmed that i can send it to them with out my case number so i sent it on nov 11,2010 via DHL and DHL sent me an email of delivery confirmation on nov 16,2010.since then i heard nothing about my case from kcc so do u think that they have received my doc and if so why dont they let me know the delivery and sent me my case number,pls somebody tell me something.than u

Hi! fikaleb
Good that you sent all the documents to kcc without more delay. You send an email request to kcc to confirm the delivery of the documents. definitely they will answer you back, also ask to send a copy of your first notification letter through your email as an attachment.
Don't worry everything will be fine.
Good luck.

Visa pick-up - Waiting.

thank u lasantha for ur answer
i even atached an official letter from my country Post Offfice
that they sent the letter and a request to send it back to me along with
my DS forms and i am still waiting

hi there
Hi fikaleb,
I have sent you a private message.
To add one more thing, KCC won't tell you when they receive your forms. You have to ask them about it. DHL confirmed the delivery of ur forms on the 16th of november. You have to give kcc a minimum of two weeks before asking them about it. Mid or late next week, you can e mail kcc to ask them if they have received yor forms and with that inquire also about your case number. They may not give you the case number at once and you need to ask them again and again. In the mean time you need to check your post office box repeatedly for the 2nd NL, eventhough kcc takes a couple of months to complete the processing of your forms. I wish you all the best and keep in touch.

Questions regarding 2nd NL
Hi guys,
My interview date is confirmed and KCC has already sent 2nd NL 2 weeks ago. Hope to receive it soon.
My question is what does 2nd NL contains except date and time for interview. Does it have the details of required documents and the process for interview?
Thank you all!
God is our strength!

Hi guys,
My interview date is confirmed and KCC has already sent 2nd NL 2 weeks ago. Hope to receive it soon.
My question is what does 2nd NL contains except date and time for interview. Does it have the details of required documents and the process for interview?
Thank you all!
God is our strength!
Hi dvnp, the 2nd NL has two pages.
The first page basically advises to prepare for the interview carefully based on the information given on page 4 of the dvselectee.state.gov web site. It also contains the date, time and place of the interview. The second page of the 2nd NL contains the names of the beneficiaries (family members of the principal applicant.) My 2nd NL doesn't contain the list of the documents necessary for the interview. I went to the US embassy in my country to get some country specific information and got a list of the documnets needed. Good luck.

Hi labora2
Thanks for your prompt reply. So there is nothing much information on 2nd NL. I will contact my local embassy for the required documents as you have done for yourself.
Wish you all the best for your interview as well!
Regards
Hi dvnp, the 2nd NL has two pages.
The first page basically advises to prepare for the interview carefully based on the information given on page 4 of the dvselectee.state.gov web site. It also contains the date, time and place of the interview. The second page of the 2nd NL contains the names of the beneficiaries (family members of the principal applicant.) My 2nd NL doesn't contain the list of the documents necessary for the interview. I went to the US embassy in my country to get some country specific information and got a list of the documnets needed. Good luck.

hello house

I am new to this forum and i have questions.i have made some mistake on the following questions,can somebody help me pls

1.in DS-230 Q9 i cheked the box of married but i left the blank space empty "including present marriage,i have been married ....... times".
and i am married just once.is this wrong?

2.in DS-230 Q2 "if married woman,write ur maiden name".i answered N/A becoz in my country whether a woman is married or not she is alws called by her familly name not by her husband name and i write my maiden name in Q1.is it wrong answer?

3.in DS-230 Q31a "who will accompany u to the united sates now" i wrote my husbands full name but i am the derivatives not the principal.is it wrong too?

Pls tell me what i should do?

Hello guys!

My dad just told me they received my 2NL!! He just sent me the scan thru email, Im so excited!! As Labora said previously, there is not too much inside, just 2 pages, with the date and address for your appointment,
As for me I contacted the US embassy in Paris directly a while ago to find out which documents they require at the interview, so if anyone got questions about the required documentation you should do the same (contact the consulate/embassy where you will have your interview)

GOOD LUCK To You ALL!

Hello guys!

My dad just told me they received my 2NL!! He just sent me the scan thru email, Im so excited!! As Labora said previously, there is not too much inside, just 2 pages, with the date and address for your appointment,
As for me I contacted the US embassy in Paris directly a while ago to find out which documents they require at the interview, so if anyone got questions about the required documentation you should do the same (contact the consulate/embassy where you will have your interview)

GOOD LUCK To You ALL!
That is good news, sista_mai.
Wish u all the best.

Hello guys!

GOOD LUCK To You ALL!

good news
Wish you all the best and good luck.

Hi Everyone!
I just received my 2nd NL yesterday. Hope everything goes well during my interview.
Wish me luck!
All the best to everyone going for interview :)
Regards

Hi Everyone!
I just received my 2nd NL yesterday. Hope everything goes well during my interview.
Wish me luck!
All the best to everyone going for interview :)
Regards
That is good news, dvnp. Wish u all the best in your upcoming interview.

Hi dvnp!
Could u share, how would u confirmed that KCC already sent u 2NL? Plz share.......

Hi guys,
Thank you all!
God is our strength!