• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Hi there,
please i need your help. If my sponsor have his resident in the U.S my means of Asylum, can this be any problem if he has to sign me an affidavit of suport for my DV interview, please i need to know because my sponsor has his residence through aylum.
thanks.

It shouldn't matter if the sponsor has his residence based on asylum, as far as he is legal and he can show he can support you by giving appropriate proofs (bank letter as mentioned in I-134 instructions, his employer letter, etc). His income has to be above the poverty line which can be seen by searching for I-864P. Ask you friend how was not asked to show the affidavit of support, it could be because he should a good amount of balance in the bank and/or a job offer from the US. Anyways, have one ready just in case the IO asks. You don't want your application to be delayed due to any reason, especially if your interview is later in the year. I had an affidavit of support but was not asked in the interview letter, and was not asked by the IO either. All the best.

2nd Letter information

Hello all,

I want to ask about the 2nd letter required documents

what and where can i do the medical demanded test?
also i wanna ask about the reminder of the required documents to make sure that they are completed?
finally i want to ask about the availability of the marriage whenever the time will?

awaiting your feedback ....

Thanks
~ Hatem ~

Hello all,

also i wanna ask about the reminder of the required documents to make sure that they are completed?
finally i want to ask about the availability of the marriage whenever the time will?

Thanks
~ Hatem ~

In which country are you in? Maybe someone from that country can share where the medical tests are conducted in that area. For the US, the info about where to get the medical exam done can be found from the USCIS website https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV

For details of what the doctor needs to fill out, search for form I-693. This is the form the doctor would be filling out. The doctor will check all your immunization records and test you for TB (Tuberculosis) [done by injecting something in the top of your skin and checking the reaction of it after 48 hrs], and for syphilis and HIV/AIDS [by drawing some blood].

I had all the injections needed except for the tetanus shot. If you got this shot more than 10 yrs ago, then it is not valid and would have to be taken again. At least that is what they told me in the US.

For your remaining docs ... mention what you have ... and we can suggest what else you need.

Hello all,

Thanks
~ Hatem ~

Just as an addition to the previous poster I want to add...call several cival surgeons...not all of them charge the same amount and you might be able to save some money to call around and get your vaccinations else where if you haven't gotten them all...and remember if you are a woman over 12 years old you need to get the HPV which can take several months since it is 3 shots...and soon (not this year) there will be a male version as well.

Hello all,

Thanks
~ Hatem ~

Hatem,

I saw from your previous post that you are from Eygpt. If you are staying in Eygpt too, then you will be getting all the information from the US consulate in Eygpt. I tried to check the US consulate in Eygpt, it does not specify the doctors for the medical exam, although it has a list of many doctors from various field (including dentist) ... so maybe someone from Eygpt can tell you what doctors qualify to perform the medical exam and then you can search for their costs.

If you are applying for a visa at a U.S. Consular post overseas, Form DS-2053 (Formerly Form OF-157) will be given to you. (This will be the form they use for medical exam, they use form I-693 in the US). The Consular officer will supply this form and the accompanying supplements, and will give you the names and telephone numbers of Panel Physicians in your area. (Panel physician is the equivalent of civil surgeon in the US). There is also a vaccination supplement which your Panel Physician will provide. http://faq.visapro.com/Immigration-Medical-Exams-FAQ6.asp

Also, you can call KCC to find out when your interview is scheduled and when your 2nd letter was mailed.

Hi Dude,

Thanks for your advise i called the consular affairs and they provided me by the medical vendors, however i still have some concerns that i want someone like you to answer as i think that you are too much experienced about that

1- do you know the required documents?
If so and i think the answer will be positive, i want to ask about some kind of papers like deportation papers what does it mean (not as a translation)
i have , police records like other paper requested including that one.

2- am i forced to pay the interview fees before the date of it?
if so what process that i can follow ...call the embassy ?

please advice as both issues are very critical for me and i think others as well.

Thanks in Advance ...

~ Hatem ~

Thanks for your advise i called the consular affairs and they provided me by the medical vendors, however i still have some concerns that i want someone like you to answer as i think that you are too much experienced about that

1- do you know the required documents?
If so and i think the answer will be positive, i want to ask about some kind of papers like deportation papers what does it mean (not as a translation)
i have , police records like other paper requested including that one.

2- am i forced to pay the interview fees before the date of it?
if so what process that i can follow ...call the embassy ?

please advice as both issues are very critical for me and i think others as well.

Thanks in Advance ...

~ Hatem ~

1. If you lived in a country other than Eygpt and you were forced to leave that country by law (due to staying illegally in that country or breaking some law) that is called deportation. So if you were deported you need to show records about it. That is what is meant by deportation papers.

2. You have to pay the embassy before the interview on the day of the interview. Your DV Package will most likely say that you will pay in Egyptian currency, but check your DV package (the white envelope you got notifying you won in the lottery)

hi everybody,
Need help pls!! I am preparing to AOS but for the new situation I have to change my plan to apply consulate processings,is anybody can advise me the qestions as below:
1. What forms I suppose to fulfill for application ?Except the forms sent back to KCC (DS-230 and DSP-122)
2. What doc. I need to prepare for application? Except the doc. mentioned in the 1st NL.
3. Whether I can apply after 2 months my CN become current ?
4. Whether I can apply in an ineligible country's embassy? Because I am from an ineligible country and I claimed my husband's nationality.Now we are planing to apply in my country's embassy.
Pls help....cuz my no. will become current next month, and I am waiting for KCC to send me the 2NL for consulate processing for few days already, wish can get some help from here.
Thank you in advance!!

hi everybody,
Need help pls!! I am preparing to AOS but for the new situation I have to change my plan to apply consulate processings,is anybody can advise me the qestions as below:
1. What forms I suppose to fulfill for application ?Except the forms sent back to KCC (DS-230 and DSP-122)
2. What doc. I need to prepare for application? Except the doc. mentioned in the 1st NL.
3. Whether I can apply after 2 months my CN become current ?
4. Whether I can apply in an ineligible country's embassy? Because I am from an ineligible country and I claimed my husband's nationality.Now we are planing to apply in my country's embassy.
Pls help....cuz my no. will become current next month, and I am waiting for KCC to send me the 2NL for consulate processing for few days already, wish can get some help from here.
Thank you in advance!!

So when you filed for your paperwork at KCC did you mention you wanted to do Consular processing. If you did CP, they will send you the interview date for the embassy you chose. It would not matter when the case becomes current. You can call KCC and they will let you know the interview date for the CP. If you are doing CP, go to the US consulate/embassy's website in the country where you will be doing the interview and check instructions. It wouldn't matter if you are doing the processing in an ineligible country as far as your spouse is from eligible country. If you need further help, please give more details about CN (see my signature to give yourself an idea), country where you want the interview to be done, what info you mentioned on KCC for the interview for CP. Good luck.

So when you filed for your paperwork at KCC did you mention you wanted to do Consular processing. If you did CP, they will send you the interview date for the embassy you chose. It would not matter when the case becomes current. You can call KCC and they will let you know the interview date for the CP. If you are doing CP, go to the US consulate/embassy's website in the country where you will be doing the interview and check instructions. It wouldn't matter if you are doing the processing in an ineligible country as far as your spouse is from eligible country. If you need further help, please give more details about CN (see my signature to give yourself an idea), country where you want the interview to be done, what info you mentioned on KCC for the interview for CP. Good luck.
Hi Cooldude, you are just so adorable always, cuz u always give me good advice.
Noted I don't need to care about my CN current or not for doing CP.Tks!
Noted I can apply in an ineligible country embassy,Tks!
My CN is 2010EU00013xxx,and I sent the paper work to KCC at Jun. something,and I let KCC knew that I am going to apply AOS, so they sent me the 2NL with instruction for AOS,but now, for something emergency of my family I have to go back to my country China in next 2 months,it will be in the middle procedure of my AOS,so I changed my plan to apple CP. I did check the consular website there, they didn'd mention anything about the DV at all, so I feel confused.And I called KCC in a week ago to let them knew that I need to do CP, then they told me they will send me e-mail and ask questions blr blr....(I received their 2NL for AOS by e-mail), but I still keep waiting their e-mail, so I am trying to figer out something from here.
So far I just sent out $750 DV fee to St. Louis, and I didn't received their receipt yet.
I wonder whether I need to file any other docments except the forms I sent back to KCC at Jun.,and what any other documents I need to provide except the documents they mentioned in the 1st NL for interview,if can you inform me any this kind of information will be so so appreciated. Thank you ....

Hi Cooldude, you are just so adorable always, cuz u always give me good advice.
Noted I don't need to care about my CN current or not for doing CP.Tks!
Noted I can apply in an ineligible country embassy,Tks!
My CN is 2010EU00013xxx,and I sent the paper work to KCC at Jun. something,and I let KCC knew that I am going to apply AOS, so they sent me the 2NL with instruction for AOS,but now, for something emergency of my family I have to go back to my country China in next 2 months,it will be in the middle procedure of my AOS,so I changed my plan to apple CP. I did check the consular website there, they didn'd mention anything about the DV at all, so I feel confused.And I called KCC in a week ago to let them knew that I need to do CP, then they told me they will send me e-mail and ask questions blr blr....(I received their 2NL for AOS by e-mail), but I still keep waiting their e-mail, so I am trying to figer out something from here.
So far I just sent out $750 DV fee to St. Louis, and I didn't received their receipt yet.
I wonder whether I need to file any other docments except the forms I sent back to KCC at Jun.,and what any other documents I need to provide except the documents they mentioned in the 1st NL for interview,if can you inform me any this kind of information will be so so appreciated. Thank you ....

For CP, you need to send the DS forms DS-230 Part I and II, and DSP-130. Then KCC should inform you of the interview date based on the consulate you want to do the interview at. Also, if you do CP, you will pay the complete fees at the consulate before the interview. My suggestion would be to write to KCC via email: KCCDV@state.gov and also call again and tell them that you had filed for AOS but now want to do CP. If you need to re-file any paperwork, so that they know that you would like to do the interview in the US Consulate in China. If they already have this information, maybe they should be able to tell you when the interview date is going to be. You should also check what happens about the money you paid.

At the Interview you will need all the docs listed in the 1st NL package: Birth certificates, police certificate, passports ... as mentioned in step 4 of the welcome package you got with 1st NL. Also in the same package, just before the DS forms is a list of Diversity Visa Documents Checklist. If you have all these things you should be fine. Some of the things you would want to take from here would be school transcripts, original degrees, police report (have to check on this one ... it is better to take from here just in case), all of your I-20s, letter of good standing and current enrollment from the university (just in case), work experience, I-134 for yourself and your spouse, whatever else you could think of ....:) Be over prepared than under prepared. Good luck.

Tks Cooldude ! Just call KCC and sent them e-mail, will figer out soon.
I never knew there is a DV Documents Checklist in the 1st NL package.....:-(
Do u know how long time it will take for the Police certificate ?

Tks Cooldude ! Just call KCC and sent them e-mail, will figer out soon.
I never knew there is a DV Documents Checklist in the 1st NL package.....:-(
Do u know how long time it will take for the Police certificate ?

u r welcome Janet. You will need the police reports of all places you have lived for more than 6 months after the age of 18. In US, it takes about 5 business days to get the police report. The FBI report would take longer though but less than 1 month i think but you would need to get the fingerprint cards from the FBI office by requesting them in writing and they will mail it to you ... so add another week for that.

u r welcome Janet. You will need the police reports of all places you have lived for more than 6 months after the age of 18. In US, it takes about 5 business days to get the police report. The FBI report would take longer though but less than 1 month i think but you would need to get the fingerprint cards from the FBI office by requesting them in writing and they will mail it to you ... so add another week for that.

I don't think winners who have previously stayed in the US will need police report from the US. It's done automatically.

I don't think winners who have previously stayed in the US will need police report from the US. It's done automatically.

You are right ... what i was saying is to be over prepared.:) Once someone leaves US, it would be a hassle to get any document. Better take more than you need.