• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

DV-2010-Adjustment of Status

On May 2009, I was informed that I have been selected in the Diversity Lottery-DV-2010. Based upon this selection we submitted I-485, Adjustment of Status petitions based on DV-2010 case, we have always been in legal status in the US (L-1A expires on June 2011), so we are eligible to adjust our status while in the US.But the Service erroneously denied I-485 Petition based upon an I-140 Denial (Green card based on L-1 VISA) , that I received a few month before.
On December 2007, an I-140 Petition was filed .
On March 2009, said Petition was denied.

On July 2009 I filed Form I-485, Application to register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status based on DV-2010 case.

On September 2009, the Service erroneously denied Respondent's I-485 Petition based upon an I-140 Denial.

I suppose that my attorney made a mistake and sent the documents to the wrong address:to the Lincoln, Nebraska , not according to that specified in the instructions: St. Louis, Missouri.

I need your help, what should I do in this case?... apply for Appeal to re-open the case( but denial says "The regulations do not provide the appeal for that decision" , but first of all the decision is wrong, because the denial based on error by immigration officer.), or re-file all the documents to the address provided on instruction and again to pay dues, fingerprints, health-exam (a lot of money, that I've already paid )

Please advice.

Hi guys,
Question: I expect that my number will be current in February, but my national passport will expire in March, 2010. Do I need a valid national passport for I-485 submission?

Thanks!

Hi There,

Hi guys,
Question: I expect that my number will be current in February, but my national passport will expire in March, 2010. Do I need a valid national passport for I-485 submission?

Thanks!

Hey!

um not too much experienced specially in lottery issue but i think you must have your passport renewed before scheduling in FEB as this is make sense

Hey All,

please share your opinions

~Hatem~

Hello Daima,

hereunder my CN:
2010AF000092XX

~ Hatem ~

According to the Visa Bulletin, your number will be current in January, so you should receive you 2nd NL soon, normally they send it 6 weeks before your interview (I'm assuming you are doing CP). I have included the link to the Bulletin, Go down to the table for DV Lottery and check the Advance notification for January, Any number below what is listed on the table is current for that month.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

Thanks...

According to the Visa Bulletin, your number will be current in January, so you should receive you 2nd NL soon, normally they send it 6 weeks before your interview (I'm assuming you are doing CP). I have included the link to the Bulletin, Go down to the table for DV Lottery and check the Advance notification for January, Any number below what is listed on the table is current for that month.

Hello Daima,

Really i appreciate your efforts and support
thanks so much
Thanks So Much Again

~Hatem~

I would like your help in determining the exact application/DV fees for my application, that include, myself, my spouse and my child of 2years.

Thanks you

I would like your help in determining the exact application/DV fees for my application, that include, myself, my spouse and my child of 2years.

Thanks you

Is this for CP? if that's the case, I think the fee is $775 per person which is paid when you go to the interview, so multiply that by the number of people in your family.

thanks for your help.. Yes, our application is for CP.

Do I need to pay for my child (2 years) all fees as well (processing fees, DV surcharge, security charge)?

Hi ivone,

First you should make sure you send your DS forms and the payment of $375 per applicant. The DS forms go to an address in kentucky, the payment goes to the department of state (Missouri address). Don't make the mistake of sending it the same place.

In the meantime, you need to fill out the requirement for the I-485 application. In the instructions of I-485 you can see where you have to file the application. It is most likely an error from the lawyer to file at the wrong place. Lawyers don't know that much about DV process. Before you send your application for I-485, make sure that you case number is current.

All the best.

On May 2009, I was informed that I have been selected in the Diversity Lottery-DV-2010. Based upon this selection we submitted I-485, Adjustment of Status petitions based on DV-2010 case, we have always been in legal status in the US (L-1A expires on June 2011), so we are eligible to adjust our status while in the US.But the Service erroneously denied I-485 Petition based upon an I-140 Denial (Green card based on L-1 VISA) , that I received a few month before.
On December 2007, an I-140 Petition was filed .
On March 2009, said Petition was denied.

On July 2009 I filed Form I-485, Application to register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status based on DV-2010 case.

On September 2009, the Service erroneously denied Respondent's I-485 Petition based upon an I-140 Denial.

I suppose that my attorney made a mistake and sent the documents to the wrong address:to the Lincoln, Nebraska , not according to that specified in the instructions: St. Louis, Missouri.

I need your help, what should I do in this case?... apply for Appeal to re-open the case( but denial says "The regulations do not provide the appeal for that decision" , but first of all the decision is wrong, because the denial based on error by immigration officer.), or re-file all the documents to the address provided on instruction and again to pay dues, fingerprints, health-exam (a lot of money, that I've already paid )

Please advice.

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance

help..
Hello There,
i am a dv lottery winner for the program 2010
i check my visa bulletin from travel.state.gov but i can't understand the schedules located there.
I not received the 2nd letter form KCC in Egypt until now ..?
I'm born in Saudi Arabia ….But I Egyptian
my CN: under 2010AS00027xxx

thank you in advance for your assistance

I guess you are an Egyptian who was born in Saudi Arabia. Looking also at your CN, I can understand that you entered as a native of Saudi Arabia and not Egypt. Therefore to understand the visa bulletin very well, you have to always look at the Numbers for Asia. The current visa bulletin number for Asia is 9,475. Since your CN is 27xxx, you still have to be patient.

Hi there,
please i need your help. If my sponsor have his resident in the U.S my means of Asylum, can this be any problem if he has to sign me an affidavit of suport for my DV interview, please i need to know because my sponsor has his residence through aylum.
thanks.

I also wish to find out if i really need an affidavit, i have a friend who was granded the visa for DV 2010 last week and he did not have an affidavit, so i was thinking that, since i am given in as a single, i may not need it too. please help me out. thanks.

Anyone here who corrected their photo in some way during the application step but also has received an NL and proceeded to obtain the visa. I had my red eyes removed but it seems that it may be a reason for disqualification but I really want to know if any one was in the same situation but has continued to process their appilication all the way till the end. Thanks for any input.

still no answer to my questions? please help me out.

It is really good to be well prepared. If it is possible to get affidavit of support please get it. I had it for my interview but the office did not ask for it.
Well I would advise you to get one. Or you may take your chance. If the officer does not ask during the interview you're good otherwise you can still tell them that I will get it and get back to them again.
But my advice is get one. All the officers are not the same and they may not follow the same procedure. They may ask for some and for others they may not ask. So you decide.

thanks very much simple man. i will try and get one. i just wanted to be sure. God bless you.