• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Do we have to specify the landing location? What would happen if we changed the place of landing than that specified to the embassy.

example: I intend to settle in California. However, we may stay in Ohio for a couple of days.

Thanks

Do we have to specify the landing location? What would happen if we changed the place of landing than that specified to the embassy.

example: I intend to settle in California. However, we may stay in Ohio for a couple of days.

Thanks

Hello bhweij,

there is no problem in mentioned a certain address and change it after landing as you must know that after landing the passport and civil affairs in the air port will ask you or confirm with you the address, even if he didn't mentioned it you have the right to ask for changing the address.

~ Hatem ~

Can some one claim chargeability to the country of their spouse, even though their country is eligible?

example: One was born in Egypt, whereas wife born in Morocco. Claiming wife's country for chargeability in his application.
Both couples are eligible in terms of finance and education. They will both immigrate together.
Both countries are eligible and from the same region.

Has some one tried this and what was the result?

Can some one claim chargeability to the country of their spouse, even though their country is eligible?

example: One was born in Egypt, whereas wife born in Morocco. Claiming wife's country for chargeability in his application.
Both couples are eligible in terms of finance and education. They will both immigrate together.
Both countries are eligible and from the same region.

Has some one tried this and what was the result?

Why would you do that...why not claim under your own country? What is your reason for even want to try this?

One may try this if his country of chargeability carries high number of entries, and hence to avoid being in the over limit of 7% (3500) to that country.

This may also be useful when the country, such as Egypt, is behind in current cut-off than the rest of the Africa.

One may try this if his country of chargeability carries high number of entries, and hence to avoid being in the over limit of 7% (3500) to that country.

This may also be useful when the country, such as Egypt, is behind in current cut-off than the rest of the Africa.

i'm sorry i can't get your words exactly like you want to deliver, but i want to tell you that you can request for your spouse adding her to the application even during the interview but they will going to reschedule another appointment with you both together
also in case the both country are having the eligibility, hence you can claim for you spouse to modify her in your application.

but you much note that every one must be submitted in his real country and it depends on the claimer, in case the claimer was her or you hence the issues will be completed in the applicant's country not the other one.

~ Tom ~

Hi everyone!
I am a DV Lottery 2010 winner with a skyhigh number. (AF 73XXX)
I really enjoy reading about all your success stories but I was wondering if anyone else had a high CN and if they chose AOS or CP... I still haven't received anything from KCC and when I called they confirmed they received the forms but I am guessing I am not a priority at the moment!
Last year my number was current in September which doesn't leave much time for AOS!
Anyways if anyone has input on skyhigh CN and strategies, I will be glad to hear
Thanks

Hi everyone!
I am a DV Lottery 2010 winner with a skyhigh number. (AF 73XXX)
I really enjoy reading about all your success stories but I was wondering if anyone else had a high CN and if they chose AOS or CP... I still haven't received anything from KCC and when I called they confirmed they received the forms but I am guessing I am not a priority at the moment!
Last year my number was current in September which doesn't leave much time for AOS!
Anyways if anyone has input on skyhigh CN and strategies, I will be glad to hear
Thanks
Hi FrenchiC,

i've check the visa bulletin and current numbers are processing 18,000 so you have to be more patient as your number still not current
also please take note that this numbers are randomly processed
Thus, you can be calmed down as i was the same as you before
and i know many ppl has CN similar to you didn't receive the 2nd letter so far
be informed also that the are active with all the numbers and handle with high priority so you have to wait your number through
visa bulletin web site
also note in case 2nd letter loss by anyway only you can check your CN appointment from your consular affairs web site. But it depends on your country.

Thanks,
~ Tom ~

Hello,

My wife was drawn to be among the preselected winners in DV-2010. She rec'vd the 1st Notification Letter in June 2009, and sent in all her forms in July 2009. The case number is not current yet, but I expect it to be current in April 2010. Now, I had two questions:

#1 We never received any form of confirmation that the forms were received by KCC. I wasn't actually concerned about this until I found this forum where almost everybody says that the receipt of the forms was confirmed. Should we be concerned? How can we check with KCC if our forms were actually received and will be processed once the case number is current?

#2 Once the case number is current, what are the next steps (appointment, medical, interview, ...), and, more importantly, what is usually the timeframe for the process after the case number is current? I'm trying to map this out a little bit.

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it.

Best,

Peter

Hello Peter,

I'd like to tell you that it's possible for non receiving the 2nd letter due to any postal issues. However, don't worry as the 2nd letter only contains the appointment timing which can be easily known from the embassy website.
also it contacts the reminder for the required papers which has been alerted before in the 1st letter.
You can also email KCC or your embassy to confirm the required documents.
concerning your 2nd point of inquiry, Kindly be informed that you will start over preparing up your papers once you get notified and confirmed that your case number is current.
please take note that they never send you the letter before the interview timing by a narrow time. As it received before interview by 6 weeks.
also note the medical test should be done by the medical pane listed from the embassy, so you have to email them to send you the sheet of the medical pace which are certified!
so don't worry as you will have a long time to prepare your medical as it takes around 7 - 10 days till results being shown.
so you can start trigger up your papers and medical test and track your case number from your embassy website till the interview approached

Good luck and have a good day...
~Tom~

Thank you, Tom. I sincerely appreciate your help.

As for #1, I'm actually wondering if I should have received a confirmation that my forms in response to the 1st notification letter have arrived at the KCC. I do not expect to receive the 2nd notification letter before the case number is current. Does the KCC usually sent off a confirmation of receipt? If so, how can I check with them if they have received the forms? I honestly do not believe in postal issues. I've NEVER had a letter lost from Germany to the United States and vice versa.

As for #2, what should I expect as for a timeline, assuming my case number is current in April 2010?

Thanks again.

Best,
Peter

Thank you, Tom. I sincerely appreciate your help.

As for #1, I'm actually wondering if I should have received a confirmation that my forms in response to the 1st notification letter have arrived at the KCC. I do not expect to receive the 2nd notification letter before the case number is current. Does the KCC usually sent off a confirmation of receipt? If so, how can I check with them if they have received the forms? I honestly do not believe in postal issues. I've NEVER had a letter lost from Germany to the United States and vice versa.

As for #2, what should I expect as for a time line, assuming my case number is current in April 2010?

Thanks again.

Best,
Peter

Hello Peter,

First of all um wondering about knowing your case number current or not ....how did you assumed that?
you can only know that from the visa bulletin website:travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.htm
by selecting the current month and watch out you case number in the table C(that's all to know more about your case number's time of receiving).
as the center doesn't send any other confirmations.
concerning your posts, it will be great to believe in. and this might be affecting your case as it's not current
also i'd like to say that you can contact them via email address : KCCDV@state.gov
but dont forget to mention your CN in the subject of the mail example: " 2010AF001234324 - 2nd letter inquiry "
and in the message body dont forget to mention also the owner of the application's name and birth date
Thus, they will reply back around 2 -3 working days. Hence, you can start over preparing your needed staff!!
so you have to be more patient and check the case with them and feed us back in case of any issues.

best wishes Peter.
~ Tom ~

Hi Tom,

I'm assuming that the case number will be current in April. The visa bulletin shows which numbers will be current in March, and my number was almost current in March. Hence, it's safe to assume that this number is current in April. And I'd appreciate to know what the timeline is after the case number is current - this is not about being impatient with the KCC or anything, it'll rather affect other plans not related to the visa such as travel plans.

For instance, if the case number is current in April, is it safe to believe that I'll have the interview in May, being able to travel into the U.S. in June on the visa/Green Card? Or will the process take longer?

Also, does the KCC confirm that the forms (sent in response to the 1st notification letter) have been received? I'm not talking about the 2nd notification letter. If they usually do, I'd want to check with them if they have received the forms or not.

Thank you again.

Best,

Kolja

Hi Tom,

I'm assuming that the case number will be current in April. The visa bulletin shows which numbers will be current in March, and my number was almost current in March. Hence, it's safe to assume that this number is current in April. And I'd appreciate to know what the timeline is after the case number is current - this is not about being impatient with the KCC or anything, it'll rather affect other plans not related to the visa such as travel plans.

For instance, if the case number is current in April, is it safe to believe that I'll have the interview in May, being able to travel into the U.S. in June on the visa/Green Card? Or will the process take longer?

Also, does the KCC confirm that the forms (sent in response to the 1st notification letter) have been received? I'm not talking about the 2nd notification letter. If they usually do, I'd want to check with them if they have received the forms or not.

Thank you again.

Best,

Kolja

Hello Kolja,

good assumption and analysis,
concerning the time line, mainly in case you case number in April accordingly the interview will be in May and you can prepare up your stuff to start over.
but please take note that some rare cases it took longer process.
ex: i've received the 2nd letter informing me that my interview will be timed in almost 6 weeks
so we can say that after 6 weeks and passing interview isA, in normal process visa receiving will takes about 2 week (may be less).
and some time other process obligate you to send your passport back to the embassy then they will return it back to you again within less than 1 week.
However, consul will give you a paper to monitor your visa process there is written that your visa mainly takes 2 week but it might be more in some administrative and secured wises so it might be extended to a couple of months (this case happened 1/100) so don't worry and be sure of your papers.

Concerning the 2nd inquiry:
there is not confirmations ways to assure that your letter and papers have been received!
only you can email them by the previous email address and they will reply back with in 2-3 working days.

furthermore, um here anytime at your service all.

Regards,
~ Tom ~

Hello Tom,

It's great to have you ... thanks so much!

I'll contact the KCC and check if they received my documents. One more, hopefully final question from my end: Assuming that all papers are in order and no hickups come up, is it safe to assume that one gets the Green Card once the case number is current AND the interview is scheduled to happen?

Cheers!

Hello Tom,

It's great to have you ... thanks so much!

I'll contact the KCC and check if they received my documents. One more, hopefully final question from my end: Assuming that all papers are in order and no hickups come up, is it safe to assume that one gets the Green Card once the case number is current AND the interview is scheduled to happen?

Cheers!

Hello Kolja,

Surely you can consider your visa approved but be noticed that they still considering any applicant that he didn't finalize the case yet still not eligible
as it rarely happened it might be happened 1:1000
and in a specific cases such as medical test failure or other papers problem. Otherwise, don't worry
but only the main point that might happened with some applicants that the papers checking and re visioning takes several months

i wish you happy life and easiest process and interview as well!

My best regards and wishes,
~ Tom ~

Can anyone in this forum tell me about the visa bulletin?
The case number being current in the month is for the interview date or the second letter to arrive?

Can anyone in this forum tell me about the visa bulletin?
The case number being current in the month is for the interview date or the second letter to arrive?

Hello Jay,

Kindly note that the visa bulletin website is only for the 2nd letter notification timing.
and the interview barely after the 2nd letter with 6 weeks.

Thanks,
~ Tom ~

Hello Jay,

Kindly note that the visa bulletin website is only for the 2nd letter notification timing.
and the interview barely after the 2nd letter with 6 weeks.

Thanks,
~ Tom ~

hi Tom!
thanks for the reply.
1. Do u mean that if my case number is current for March I am supposed to have my interview dates after March as the 2NL is sent before 4-6 weeks of interview?
2. Or is that if my case number is current for March I am supposed to have my interview within March I m quite confused regarding this as some says it is the interview date rather than the 2NL arriving date can u please confirm?