• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

hi Tom!
thanks for the reply.
1. Do u mean that if my case number is current for March I am supposed to have my interview dates after March as the 2NL is sent before 4-6 weeks of interview?
2. Or is that if my case number is current for March I am supposed to have my interview within March I m quite confused regarding this as some says it is the interview date rather than the 2NL arriving date can u please confirm?

Hello Jay,

don't worry ........Simply just consider the interview will be starting after 6 months from your CN being current !!

Goodluck
~ ToM ~

You can look at many signatures under neat a person's post and see the time line. My friend got her interview dat yesterday:)

Tampa has 4 months for AOS so that is pretty accurate...even though it is a DV case. So with a high # people are better of doing CP.

Hi everyone,

Bit of a basic question. For the education requirements - I don't have a school leaving cetificate, and it would be a huge hassle to get my 'O' and 'A' Level (UK) certificates which have all got lost. However, I have certificates and transcripts for both Batchelors and Masters degrees from reputable universities - would this be enough?

It seems the focus is on High School education and proof of the same - would that be vital, or is that only a minimum and if you have higher than that is fine as well?

Many thanks.

Bit of a basic question. For the education requirements - I don't have a school leaving certificate, and it would be a huge hassle to get my 'O' and 'A' Level (UK) certificates which have all got lost. However, I have certificates and transcripts for both Bachelors and Masters degrees from reputable universities - would this be enough?

It seems the focus is on High School education and proof of the same - would that be vital, or is that only a minimum and if you have higher than that is fine as well?

Many thanks.

I think an MA is proof enough (as is a BA) as you can't have an MA without completing high school right!
Its a problem when you do not have anything to proof the amount of formal education of 12 years or high school, you will be just fine!

I saw on another post called Education that people say you do need the high school certificate or prove that you tried getting it and failed doing so. I do not see what with an MA you would need proof of high school and I also think it depends on the person taking the interview. Since I am guessing here as well, I would call or e-mail your consulate directly to get the right answer for your country. I have found my high school degrees so I bring them along to the interview to be safe. Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day all,
Pls i have some questions:
How is the medicals done?
Can i do the police clearance certificate anywhere or is at only the Alagbon close police offices?
If it is at alagbon close, do i need to go with the person that will accompany me to the US?
Pls i need answers to these questions.
Thanks.

Good day all,
Pls i have some questions:
How is the medicals done?
Can i do the police clearance certificate anywhere or is at only the Alagbon close police offices?
If it is at alagbon close, do i need to go with the person that will accompany me to the US?
Pls i need answers to these questions.
Thanks.

Hello Lewis,

1. medical pane can be checked by your nearest embassy via email or overs the phone.
2. the police certificate is very critical and must be done by your police office, doesn't matter nearest or farthest.
3. nothing obligate to go with the accompany person you can gone alone.

Best Regards,
~T0M~

Hello;
My name is Delel i'm 26 i'm married and from Algeria, we are selected for the DV2010 (CN35***), we are looking for a sponsor, please help us, we don't know any body in USA and our appointement is soon.
My e-mail bdelel@gmail.com
You can trust me, if you want to know us better before help, i can give you my facebook, all my life is there.
Please help us.
Thank you in advance
Ps: we just need the sponsor for the appointement we don't need a help when we will get there !:p

Hi everyone.

A very basic question, but not answered anywhere as far as I can tell:

For DV2010 it was announced that 221 people had been selected from Tanzania; I am one of those selected, and was wondering if, from the 221 am I counted as 1 selectee or 3 (total members of my family registered for the DV2010).

Many thanks.

Hi everyone.

A very basic question, but not answered anywhere as far as I can tell:

For DV2010 it was announced that 221 people had been selected from Tanzania; I am one of those selected, and was wondering if, from the 221 am I counted as 1 selectee or 3 (total members of my family registered for the DV2010).

Many thanks.

The 221 people are those selected as winners and does not include their families.

Hi,

Thanks. So the pace of numbers depends not only on how many people elect to take the process further within each region, but also the number of people accompanying each petitioner.

Nice weekend, cheers.

Hi guys I am from Asia and with case numer 29xxx, any I prepair all my documents even the form I 134 is also ready with me, but my case is not current yet for june, and I am so scared now do u think asia will be current this year?

I am getting really scared why is the Asia CN moving so slowly, I just wish all will be current for JUL or AUG.All I do is pray for the god.

Cn AS25XXX range

DV 2010

I got news very recently that I win DV 2010. They gave me case number, I called KCC, they confirmed, yes. Now the point is...

I am living in Germany during 6 years, and my home country is different....
How can I apply for 2nd letter.....As yet I didn't receive Bar code !

Is it possible to reply without Barcode to KCC for 2nd letter ?

Thanks for your answering.

And I should give new Photo right, very recent !

Hi Folks,

I finally got my interview (CP) date, June 9th - called KCC to find out. I havent got the 2NL though.

I am from Nepal, but i spent almost 10 years in India, 4 years in college and 6 years at work. I am currently in the US in H1-B since march '09.

1. Do i need a police certificate from India and the US?
2. Do i need an affidavit of support if i can show proof of employment in the US?
3. Considering the interview goes well and I get the visa, does my wife and I have to enter US together or can we enter US in different dates.

---------------------------------------------
29\05\2009 NL dated
21\06\2009 NL delivered to my house
26\07\2009 all documents sent to the KCC
05\08\2009 KCC receives the forms
01\06\2010 number current
09\06\2010 called kcc , scheduled for interview in first of august
CASE No. AS175XXX

Last edited by a moderator:
In form 230 Part II:
29. Name and address of the Petitioner....
Is it my name ?

Form 230 Part I:
15. Father Name....
16. Fathers Date of Birth.....
17. Mother's Name
18. Mother' Date of Birth
If Name spelling is different, is it will be problem ?

25. Did you visit US ?
Yes, I wrote details but don't have application number

In education: University field:

I attended some university but didn't finished M.Sc, should I write the University Name ?
How can I write in the box, Degree or Diploma received ?

DSP122:

Should I write in education field that I finished like B.Sc (Hons.) ?
But others University degree is not finished.....

Thanks in advance for reply....

DV 2010

I got news very recently that I win DV 2010. They gave me case number, I called KCC, they confirmed, yes. Now the point is...

I am living in Germany during 6 years, and my home country is different....
How can I apply for 2nd letter.....As yet I didn't receive Bar code !

Is it possible to reply without Barcode to KCC for 2nd letter ?

Thanks for your answering.

And I should give new Photo right, very recent !

If you have changed address inform kcc stating your new address. Include in the email your full name, case number and date of birth.
You don't need to apply for 2nd letter, just complete the forms sent to you by kcc and return it to them.
If you don't have the bar code, your case can still be processed, just let kcc aware that you don't have it and they will do something about it for you.

Hi Folks,

I finally got my interview (CP) date, June 9th - called KCC to find out. I havent got the 2NL though.

I am from Nepal, but i spent almost 10 years in India, 4 years in college and 6 years at work. I am currently in the US in H1-B since march '09.

1. Do i need a police certificate from India and the US?
2. Do i need an affidavit of support if i can show proof of employment in the US?
3. Considering the interview goes well and I get the visa, does my wife and I have to enter US together or can we enter US in different dates.

---------------------------------------------
29\05\2009 NL dated
21\06\2009 NL delivered to my house
26\07\2009 all documents sent to the KCC
05\08\2009 KCC receives the forms
01\06\2010 number current
09\06\2010 called kcc , scheduled for interview in first of august
CASE No. AS175XXX

1. You need police certificate from India but not from the US. It's done automatically for those who have live in the US for 6 or more months.
2. No. You don't need it if you can show prove of own funds or job offer.
3. You can either enter together or you first if you are the principal applicant.

In form 230 Part II:
29. Name and address of the Petitioner....
Is it my name ? Yes, you are the petitioner

Form 230 Part I:
15. Father Name....
16. Fathers Date of Birth.....
17. Mother's Name
18. Mother' Date of Birth
If Name spelling is different, is it will be problem ?
What do you mean by this? Do you mean if your mother doesn't bear your fathers' family name or you're using different characters other than the English alphabets.

25. Did you visit US ?
Yes, I wrote details but don't have application number
It's not going to be a problem. You can quote the A number - which is the RED number - see link: http://www2.cis.gsu.edu/cis/cis/Forms/foreignnationalinfoform.doc

In education: University field:

I attended some university but didn't finished M.Sc, should I write the University Name ?
How can I write in the box, Degree or Diploma received ?
Did you receive any diploma from your unfisnished M.Sc? You can write the university name and under qualification write some university courses.

DSP122:

Should I write in education field that I finished like B.Sc (Hons.) ?
But others University degree is not finished.....
Yes

Thanks in advance for reply....

Check the bolded parts for my answers