• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv-2010

Dear all,

Can a fare evasion ticket (that is totally due to a confusion and is going to be paid soon) be a problem for GC process? My fiancee came to visit me and we were catching the train when I thought I tapped the card twice for both of us, but actually tapped once. She got a ticket because of my mistake for $15. We are planning to get married on Friday and apply for GC together with my EU25xxx number.

Thanks,

Hi all,

This is going to me my first post. I won the diversity visa lottery. My dv case number is 20** which is this month. I am currently a student studying in maryland (3rd year)

I have some questions regarding the application

1. Are there any other forms other then the i-485 and g-325a that i should submit?

2. The documents that i have collected so far are the following:
-Turkish Birth Certificate with English Translation
-Turkish Passport with I-94 card
-All I-20 forms i have so far
-Turkish High school transcript with English Translation
-College Diploma and Transcript ( community college, A.S. in computer science )
-Two passport size photos
-Medical Report
-Letter from current school confirming my F-1 status
-1.010 fee money order

3.Do u guys think that this would be enough, btw I am single. Do i need to hire a lawyer for this kind of case?

4. I haven't send anything to kcc at all. Does this matter?

Thank you for your time...
Edit/Delete Message

Hi all,

This is going to me my first post. I won the diversity visa lottery. My dv case number is 20** which is this month. I am currently a student studying in maryland (3rd year)

I have some questions regarding the application

1. Are there any other forms other then the i-485 and g-325a that i should submit?

2. The documents that i have collected so far are the following:
-Turkish Birth Certificate with English Translation
-Turkish Passport with I-94 card
-All I-20 forms i have so far
-Turkish High school transcript with English Translation
-College Diploma and Transcript ( community college, A.S. in computer science )
-Two passport size photos
-Medical Report
-Letter from current school confirming my F-1 status
-1.010 fee money order

3.Do u guys think that this would be enough, btw I am single. Do i need to hire a lawyer for this kind of case?

4. I haven't send anything to kcc at all. Does this matter?

Thank you for your time...
Edit/Delete Message

Yes it matters. You should send the form DSP 122 and the barcode to Kentucky also you should pay to The Departament Of State 375$. Don't do the same mistake that I did.

would it to be too late by now???

You are not too late since you have until Sept 30th 2010 to get your GC. But for sure it's going to delay your interview since you are current in October. According to the first NL you received from KCC, you were supposed to send back form DSP 122 and 230 to notify them on your intention to do AOS and pay $375 to the DOS. You need the receipt for $375 to send along with your I485 form. But you have time, I suggest you read the 2008 & 2009 AOS threads in this forum, and you'll get a lot of information...you don't need a lawyer unless you have a complicated case.

All the best!

Thank u so much for your REPLIES. I have one more question, Do i need to get a police record from U.S. as well ? I have been living here for almost 4 years. I got my police records from my country but not from U.S.

Thanks

You are not too late since you have until Sept 30th 2010 to get your GC. But for sure it's going to delay your interview since you are current in October. According to the first NL you received from KCC, you were supposed to send back form DSP 122 and 230 to notify them on your intention to do AOS and pay $375 to the DOS. You need the receipt for $375 to send along with your I485 form. But you have time, I suggest you read the 2008 & 2009 AOS threads in this forum, and you'll get a lot of information...you don't need a lawyer unless you have a complicated case.

All the best!

Hello Daima,

Are you sure we need to send the receipt for $375 along with our I485 form? According to the I485 instructions and for what I have read, I think we need to show the receipt to the Immigration Officer at the time of the Interview (when doing AOS).

In the letter that I received from KCC acknowledging my choice for AOS, it says "This fee must be paid prior to USCIS (or, if applicable, the immigration court) taking action of your adjustment application."

Thank u so much for your REPLIES. I have one more question, Do i need to get a police record from U.S. as well ? I have been living here for almost 4 years. I got my police records from my country but not from U.S.

Thanks

Hello hek123,

You don't need a police record if you are doing AOS because they run a FBI name check.

Good luck!

Hello Daima,

Are you sure we need to send the receipt for $375 along with our I485 form? According to the I485 instructions and for what I have read, I think we need to show the receipt to the Immigration Officer at the time of the Interview (when doing AOS).

In the letter that I received from KCC acknowledging my choice for AOS, it says "This fee must be paid prior to USCIS (or, if applicable, the immigration court) taking action of your adjustment application."

This is exactly what i know. I have talked with a lawyer about this. He said I only need the receipt at the time of the interview. I think there is nothing wrong with sending it with the application as well.

This is exactly what i know. I have talked with a lawyer about this. He said I only need the receipt at the time of the interview. I think there is nothing wrong with sending it with the application as well.

Thank you for the information hek123!

Hello Daima,

Sorry about that, yes the instructions say you need the receipt at the time of interview, but I sent a copy of mine anyway..I guess it won't hurt. I'll just have the original at the interview.

After sending DSP 122 and 230 to kcc Do i need to wait for a response? or i can just send my i 485?

After sending DSP 122 and 230 to kcc Do i need to wait for a response? or i can just send my i 485?

You need to wait till you number becomes current and you case is processed by KCC which can take 14 days or longer. You can call KCC every week if you want to ask for a update. When they processed your papers, you can pay the $ 375.- to do AOS and when you have your return receipt and your case number is current you can send your package to Chicago....if you sent it too early it can be returned and some people have mentioned it can take weeks before it is returned and you have to start over to sent it again, which can cost your case to be delayed and more postage...so the best thing to do is follow the order as is described in the paperwork....What is your number and region. Maybe you can create a signature so every one can see when you sent your papers, etc...If you go to "User CP" you can create a signature and it is very helpful for other to see how others have done it and how long it took.

I was filling out the ds 122 form, question 4 asks to list "BCIS" what does that mean? Should i right the local uscis office name in there?? and also I have no work experience but i have a college degree, is there a problem with leaving blank all the employment stuff?

I was filling out the ds 122 form, question 4 asks to list "BCIS" what does that mean? Should i right the local uscis office name in there?? and also I have no work experience but i have a college degree, is there a problem with leaving blank all the employment stuff?

Just write BCIS which means Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, that's fine i left mine blank too because it says have you ever worked in US and you just tick "NO".

That's it. Make sure to send it as soon as possible!

Best of Luck my friend!

Hello,
I am trying to register for DV-2011 since Oct. 2,2009 but the web side is giving me errors and I can not register. It gives me the massage Connection Interrupted. It is not from my internet connection for sure. Do you know how to fix this? I tryed different computers too, still the same :(
Thank you in advance!