• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Hi, for those who have got the second letter from KCC, which info does it contain ? is it the one specifying officially the date of the interview or...?

Hi Guys
About AOS, does DV applicant require it? If I have a personal saving of $ 9,000 do I need a AOS?Any clarification

Just Got my 2Nd NL Today it took exactly One Month Just as the 1stNL but i had olredy printed the email and was set for next week Now am comparing the 2NDNL for dv2010 and dv2009 for a friend this time they dont tell you how many photos they need but I just confirmed it from the US Embassy Nairobi .........Now all eyes set for the medicals next week at International Organization for Migration (IOM).Naorobi ...To Paristau who is going For His Interview on 28th June I guess you olredy gone for the Medicals How Much Did the Medicals Cost you??......

thanks tricksam. medicals costed me 14,500k. but they told us that it depends with an individual age and health. i was injected only 2 injections that made my bill low. others were receiving 3 injections and paid 17k whole medication. one lady got 6 injections and paid over 24k. they check evrything, blood,eyes,ears,pressure,removing clothes and doctor detects any form of pain by pressing you randomly whole body,x-ray at nairobi hospital,weight,height and many things. its a whole day process then pick envelope the following day at 3pm.
I now have all docs ready for 28th june.
I got also a formal letter from my host which am just trusting they will accept.
Thanks. Doctors need 2 photos and embassy 2 photos. KCC send me all forms via email and so they indicated for me the number of photos needed and locations for snapping them or taking shots. they also gave me names of all doctors including IOM that i used. God is good. My letter got lost up to now but i have evrything via email.

Hello Everyone, I have a question.
I have noticed that sometimes, in the same country, someone with a lower case number may be scheduled later (in the same month) that someone with a somewhat higher CN. I was told that this is due to the fact that once one's date become current, what KCC consider is now the date they received the applicant's form. Can you confirm if this is true ?.
My concern is the fact that my CN is AF70*** but I sent my form in December. I was told that once africa becomes current, those with much higher case number, like AF80*** may be scheduled much earlier than me, because they will also be current and provided they sent their form earlier than me. Is it true ?

thanks tricksam. medicals costed me 14,500k. but they told us that it depends with an individual age and health. i was injected only 2 injections that made my bill low. others were receiving 3 injections and paid 17k whole medication. one lady got 6 injections and paid over 24k. they check evrything, blood,eyes,ears,pressure,removing clothes and doctor detects any form of pain by pressing you randomly whole body,x-ray at nairobi hospital,weight,height and many things. its a whole day process then pick envelope the following day at 3pm.
I now have all docs ready for 28th june.
I got also a formal letter from my host which am just trusting they will accept.
Thanks. Doctors need 2 photos and embassy 2 photos. KCC send me all forms via email and so they indicated for me the number of photos needed and locations for snapping them or taking shots. they also gave me names of all doctors including IOM that i used. God is good. My letter got lost up to now but i have evrything via email.

You guy you can blame it on our corrupt post officers for not getting your mail but all is good with the printed email.....relieved to hear it cost you 14,500 coz i called IOM and was told to carry 20k also know of someone who did his @IOM with 19k.....bout your formal letter they will def accept it.......Now 28th is your d-day Go get your Visa....be calm and collective ...maintain eye contact with the consular....avoid fumbling when answering questions...Expect questions from your highest scored subject iin KCSE (im assuming uv not started college).....and lastly Observe other interviewz.....now im I making you tensed?? lol...go get it ...its yours...and hey we need your Interview-Experience....All the best man

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.
I got a question concerning medical exams in Nairobi. Where do I need to go for the exam?
1) International Organization for Migration, 4TH Ngong Avenue (based on info provided on US embassy website in Nairobi), OR
2) At Sarit center 4th floor (based on previous posts).
Any help will be appreciated?
Thanks

Hi.
I got a question concerning medical exams in Nairobi. Where do I need to go for the exam?
1) International Organization for Migration, 4TH Ngong Avenue (based on info provided on US embassy website in Nairobi), OR
2) At Sarit center 4th floor (based on previous posts).
Any help will be appreciated?
Thanks

Its IOM and thats where they indicated on my 2ND NL......simply follow instructions....are you DV-2010 0R DV-2011?........and its a pleasure having you around please edit your signature on the top-right.....Settings-My Settings -edit Signature

Experiences nairobi this week

Hello guys.
I just phoned 3 guys who did medicals with me at IOM Nairobi and all were given visas already. Questions are, 1.state you are going 2.who will host you 3.what are you doing now at home 4. What will you be doing in USA 5.are you married 6. Do you have children. They will just pick about 3 questions from above.
Supprisingly they don't even check letters from sponsor. And nothing like subjects done in kcse.

Hello guys.
I just phoned 3 guys who did medicals with me at IOM Nairobi and all were given visas already. Questions are, 1.state you are going 2.who will host you 3.what are you doing now at home 4. What will you be doing in USA 5.are you married 6. Do you have children. They will just pick about 3 questions from above.
Supprisingly they don't even check letters from sponsor. And nothing like subjects done in kcse.

Parsitau - those seem to be the standard questions most people get asked at the interview. I wasnt asked much different from that. In all, it took about 5 minutes and we were done. Our financial docs were not checked (we didnt have a sponsor - not sure you really even need one !!) and our university paperwork was pushed back to us and they asked for our high-school equivalent qualification instead. A quick browse of that, with no particular questions asked about high-school and we were done.

My dv visa interview experience Nairobi

My interview was at 10pm june 28 monday. Security check and medicals envelope stamped at security pass. Am single applicant. Documents taken at window for immigrants and green cards. Highschool cert, good conduct, medicals, birth certificate, passport and lady asked if i have a host letter normal letter but not a must, then i gave out then said ok its same adress.
Then was told seat down to be called. Later i was called at window 7 for finger prints then seat down to be called now for interview.
After 20 minutes i was called at window 10 which is a window for all dv applicants.

Consular; how are you?
Me; am fine.
Consular; you are mr.so and so?
Me; yes.
Consular; what will you be doing in USA when you go there?
Me; work and further studies.
Consular; what will you be studying?
Me; tourism (i wrote i have a diploma in tourism in my forms to kentucky)
Consular; what are you doing currently?
Me; farming.
Consular; are you married?
Me; no.
Consular; do you have children?
Me; no.
Consular; i return this originals documents to you, highschool cert and birth only. Then says as he writes on a receipt date and time to pick visa. Come on thursday at 3pm and pick your visa.

Me; thank you very much.
Consular; okey, thank you sir.
Then i walk away.

They even dont want college papers. And the consular was just asking many people who will host you and who is he/she to you? They dont even need affidavits or host letters. Don't stress yourselfs guys. That process is very simple with simple questions.

But am sorry for those who married because of green card. They denied 2 couples.

I am so happy guys am through and i thank God. Am praying for those who are yet to go for interviews.
AMEN AMEN.

Last edited by a moderator:
My interview was at 10pm june 28 monday. Security check and medicals envelope stamped at security pass. Am single applicant. Documents taken at window for immigrants and green cards. Highschool cert, good conduct, medicals, birth certificate, passport and lady asked if i have a host letter normal letter but not a must, then i gave out then said ok its same adress.
Then was told seat down to be called. Later i was called at window 7 for finger prints then seat down to be called now for interview.
After 20 minutes i was called at window 10 which is a window for all dv applicants.

Consular; how are you?
Me; am fine.
Me; yes.
Me; farming.
Me; no.
Me; no.
Consular; i return this originals documents to you, highschool cert and birth only. Then says as he writes on a receipt date and time to pick visa. Come on thursday at 3pm and pick your visa.

Me; thank you very much.
Then i walk away.

They even dont want college papers. And the consular was just asking many people who will host you and who is he/she to you? They dont even need affidavits or host letters. Don't stress yourselfs guys. That process is very simple with simple questions.

But am sorry for those who married because of green card. They denied 2 couples.

I am so happy guys am through and i thank God. Am praying for those who are yet to go for interviews.
AMEN AMEN

@Parsitau
Congrats for having a successful interview. Wish you all the best in your endevours.

Consular; how are you?
Me; am fine.
Me; yes.
Me; farming.
Me; no.
Me; no.

Me; thank you very much.
Then i walk away.

AMEN AMEN
Congrats paristau...now come Thursday go get your visa .This means alot to those of us being interviewed @Nairobi US Embassy ...and its with much appreciation for sharing your interview....how did your letter look like?....was it thro email or post?......Congrats once more

Congrats paristau...now come Thursday go get your visa .This means alot to those of us being interviewed @Nairobi US Embassy ...and its with much appreciation for sharing your interview....how did your letter look like?....was it thro email or post?......Congrats once more

trixsam.
My formal letter was just adressed to dear sir/madam.
First adress is for host.i.e the adress you used as state you are going.
Second adress below is Embassy adress. It states that he was ready to host me until i get a job and be able to leave alone. The letter was a scanned letter from host via email. So i printed out. He signed and scanned.
Wish you good luck trixsam. Many people did not even give out their letters. And nothing like form i-134.

trixsam.
My formal letter was just adressed to dear sir/madam.
First adress is for host.i.e the adress you used as state you are going.
Second adress below is Embassy adress. It states that he was ready to host me until i get a job and be able to leave alone. The letter was a scanned letter from host via email. So i printed out. He signed and scanned.
Wish you good luck trixsam. Many people did not even give out their letters. And nothing like form i-134.

Hey Paristau did you collect your Visa On Thursday??......Please keep us updated ...and when you went for the medicals did you carry your immunization card...the yellow one

Trixsam.
Yes i went on thursday and when i reached the gate it was 3:10pm of which i was turned away back that i was late. Then i was told to go the following day friday at 8am. So i was not punctual. I went on that friday at 7:50am and was allowed in and i was given my visa at 8am and minutes. The visa is inside the passport and is valid for 6 months then it will be added when you reach USA. I was also given a yellow big envelope sealed and it won't be opened until you reach port of entry in USA. That envelope is for all dv visa people.

Yes when you go for medicals carry any medical record but me i did not have it and all people that we were together did not have even a single record. The doctor will just ask you if you were treated while young this and this injections. Like chicken pox, polio etc. Then it would reduce your bill.
So my visa is with me here at home relaxing. Am planning to travel August third week. Sina haraka.

Trixsam.
Yes i went on thursday and when i reached the gate it was 3:10pm of which i was turned away back that i was late. Then i was told to go the following day friday at 8am. So i was not punctual. I went on that friday at 7:50am and was allowed in and i was given my visa at 8am and minutes. The visa is inside the passport and is valid for 6 months then it will be added when you reach USA. I was also given a yellow big envelope sealed and it won't be opened until you reach port of entry in USA. That envelope is for all dv visa people.

Yes when you go for medicals carry any medical record but me i did not have it and all people that we were together did not have even a single record. The doctor will just ask you if you were treated while young this and this injections. Like chicken pox, polio etc. Then it would reduce your bill.
So my visa is with me here at home relaxing. Am planning to travel August third week. Sina haraka.

Congrates, Goodluck.

One love.

The Nairobi thread is very slow. Guys kindly post your experiences here. Those experiences are very important to us.