• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Yes Oliseh, guys need to keep this site breathing by pumping their experiences. Hi forumites, does it mean that a person can go for an interview minus medical report. I'm asking this coz like in the case of Ammeck his visa has been delayed due to the delay in submission of those documents

Yes Oliseh, guys need to keep this site breathing by pumping their experiences. Hi forumites, does it mean that a person can go for an interview minus medical report. I'm asking this coz like in the case of Ammeck his visa has been delayed due to the delay in submission of those documents

Mjamaa
We are becoming current today by the Grace of God

You need to start the medical exams first before you go for your interview. If for a particular reason you don't complete the medical test before your interview, the embassy will understand you. Once the test is complete and submitted to the embassy they will issue the visa as soon as possible. My case was an unusual one because it shouldn't have taken such a long time to issue the visa. Either the officer dealing with my case completely forgot about it or was on leave or something else - that is why the delay.

You need to start the medical exams first before you go for your interview. If for a particular reason you don't complete the medical test before your interview, the embassy will understand you. Once the test is complete and submitted to the embassy they will issue the visa as soon as possible. My case was an unusual one because it shouldn't have taken such a long time to issue the visa. Either the officer dealing with my case completely forgot about it or was on leave or something else - that is why the delay.

ammeck
how long does the medical take? i getting current in september and i have to travel to US from 30th July-10th august on another mission. please ad

Medicals
ammeck
how long does the medical take? i getting current in september and i have to travel to US from 30th July-10th august on another mission. please ad

hi guys
medicals take just 2 days. 1st day is check up whole day process. 2nd or 3rd day is medical report pick up at Nairobi ( IOM ). And make sure you call to book. Use your old letter that has case number if the 2nd notification have not arrived and maybe you already know the date of your interview. You can know the date of your interview by writing to KCC an e-mail.
Guys check my interview experience that i posted recently.

Guys read this visa experience in Nairobi
My interview was at 10pm june 28 monday. Security check and medicals envelope stamped at security pass. Am single applicant. Documents taken at window for immigrants and green cards. Highschool cert, good conduct, medicals, birth certificate, passport and lady asked if i have a host letter normal letter but not a must, then i gave out then said ok its same adress.
Then was told seat down to be called. Later i was called at window 7 for finger prints then seat down to be called now for interview.
After 20 minutes i was called at window 10 which is a window for all dv applicants.

Consular; how are you?
Me; am fine.
Consular; you are mr.so and so?
Me; yes.
Consular; what will you be doing in USA when you go there?
Me; work and further studies.
Consular; what will you be studying?
Me; tourism (i wrote i have a diploma in tourism in my forms to kentucky)
Consular; what are you doing currently?
Me; farming.
Consular; are you married?
Me; no.
Consular; do you have children?
Me; no.
Consular; i return this originals documents to you, highschool cert and birth only. Then says as he writes on a receipt date and time to pick visa. Come on thursday at 3pm and pick your visa.

Me; thank you very much.
Consular; okey, thank you sir.
Then i walk away.

They even dont want college papers. And the consular was just asking many people who will host you and who is he/she to you? They dont even need affidavits or host letters. Don't stress yourselfs guys. That process is very simple with simple questions.

But am sorry for those who married because of green card. They denied 2 couples.

I am so happy guys am through and i thank God. Am praying for those who are yet to go for interviews.
AMEN AMEN

Oh my God......... need your help
you said
But am sorry for those who married because of green card. They denied 2 couples.
I wish this is not the rule for all married candidates...... we are looking for better future for our kids

Oh my God......... need your help
you said
I wish this is not the rule for all married candidates...... we are looking for better future for our kids

Saad2005
I think Parisatu was talking about the couple in this way. The principal applicant might have applied as a single person at the time of online application and then after being selected for further DV processing got married or faked married papers. In that case the consular officer has the right to turn him away because the reasoning is was got it's hard to proove that they are married. Same case applies to a friend of mine on DV 2009 was turned away with her children and husband. At the time of application she didn't include her children and husband during the online application but in DS-230 she included their names. KCC did not flag her but she got disqualified at the embassy even though she could proove that those were her children through birth certificate and also proove that guy was her hubby through marriage certificate however she was still denied visa just because of that.
We just being warned againts hidding the truth or not tell telling the truth at all stages of the DV applications.
Ghanian friend of mine in DV 2010 got it even though her last baby was born just after returning forms to KCC because, he informed KCC well in advance that he hasd a new born whom they would like to be included in their file. KCC included the information in their file and at adviced them to bring along with them the new borns birth cert and passport during the interview at the embassy. They did so and filled forms for the new born infront of the CO and that was it.

The truth is its possible to apply when you are single but still be interviewed as couple and succeed. Proof are and truth important.

Saad2005
I think Parisatu was talking about the couple in this way. The principal applicant might have applied as a single person at the time of online application and then after being selected for further DV processing got married or faked married papers. In that case the consular officer has the right to turn him away because the reasoning is was got it's hard to proove that they are married. Same case applies to a friend of mine on DV 2009 was turned away with her children and husband. At the time of application she didn't include her children and husband during the online application but in DS-230 she included their names. KCC did not flag her but she got disqualified at the embassy even though she could proove that those were her children through birth certificate and also proove that guy was her hubby through marriage certificate however she was still denied visa just because of that.
We just being warned againts hidding the truth or not tell telling the truth at all stages of the DV applications.
Ghanian friend of mine in DV 2010 got it even though her last baby was born just after returning forms to KCC because, he informed KCC well in advance that he hasd a new born whom they would like to be included in their file. KCC included the information in their file and at adviced them to bring along with them the new borns birth cert and passport during the interview at the embassy. They did so and filled forms for the new born infront of the CO and that was it.

The truth is its possible to apply when you are single but still be interviewed as couple and succeed. Proof are and truth important.

saad2005.
Yes thats what i was meening about the 2 couples who were denied. They were told they have a fake marriage.

Medicals

hi guys
medicals take just 2 days. 1st day is check up whole day process. 2nd or 3rd day is medical report pick up at Nairobi ( IOM ). And make sure you call to book. Use your old letter that has case number if the 2nd notification have not arrived and maybe you already know the date of your interview. You can know the date of your interview by writing to KCC an e-mail.
Guys check my interview experience that i posted recently.

hey paristau.....how did you book your interview?......are they eva bizy??....did the doc just ask you if you took the immunizationz or they took a test to determine that....i want to pay the lowest fee at my medicalz......im set for it thiz week

hey paristau.....how did you book your interview?......are they eva bizy??....did the doc just ask you if you took the immunizationz or they took a test to determine that....i want to pay the lowest fee at my medicalz......im set for it thiz week
trixsam
I have no any immunization records... those documents might have been eaten by coackroaches beyond recognition. I'm in the same dilema as you. I also want to pay minimum sum of money given that i will be doing CP with my woman. By the way I noted that the fee has been raised from $ 775 to $819 with effect from July 13th 2010 just carry exess money to the interview just incase.

Oliseh, so it means this $ 819 comprises of the application processing fees, security surcharge and diversity visa lottery surcharge? do u think during medical examination they may consider the vaccinations i got when i was applying for my visa when i left Kenya? i mean the ones which are valid for 10 yrs.

Oliseh, so it means this $ 819 comprises of the application processing fees, security surcharge and diversity visa lottery surcharge? do u think during medical examination they may consider the vaccinations i got when i was applying for my visa when i left Kenya? i mean the ones which are valid for 10 yrs.
mjamaa
The $819 comprises everything you mentioned above.
For the vaccination I think you better bring it along with you . The doctor might decide not to administer the vaccine to you again.This means your cost of vaccination will be less.
By the way where will you be doing your CP?In Nairobi or in NewDelhi?
And do you know that we are current in September?

ALL are current except for Ethiopia....Its now a mad rush to get visaz please if you can avoid Admin Processing please do...to Oliseh and Mjamaa kaeni Standby

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA CURRENT

Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT

ALL are current except for Ethiopia....Its now a mad rush to get visaz please if you can avoid Admin Processing please do...to Oliseh and Mjamaa kaeni Standby

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN SEPTEMBER

For September, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately

AFRICA CURRENT

Except:
Ethiopia: 26,350
ASIA CURRENT
EUROPE CURRENT
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) CURRENT
OCEANIA CURRENT
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN CURRENT
Trixsam
I have every other thing in order apart from the medical. I have already booked appointment for it and I guess everything in me will be ready by 1 month to interview. I don't want any admin process. Mjamaa please put your house in order cause September is like a knock out stage of the world cup. It's do or die.

Oliseh, thanks for the info, i will do the CP in Chennai in South India by God's will. Now that we are current for September all i'm waiting for is the letter from KCC to give me more details about the interview. @ Trixsam kudos for ur intimation