• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Oliseh, i appreciate ur concern. i have already sent the application for the police cert via the Kenyan High Com in New Delhi. do u think i can use someone at home to push the CID to hurry up in processing the cert? i'm contemplating sending someone at around 10th of August to CID Hq to go and do some follow up for them to increase their pace. i need that cert b4 the end of Aug. anyway i'll call KCC tomorrow to inquire about my interview date then book for medicals ASAP.

Hi Forumites, i e-mailed KCC some 4 days ago and they replied and informed me that my interview will be on 8th September in Mumbai. First of all i thank God for letting me be slotted for an interview. However, i mentioned that i wanted to do my interview at the US Consulate in Chennai, TN, south India since it's the nearest US consulate to where I'm residing. My question is that do u think they may change for me the venue of interview. I'm planning to e-mail them again on this matter. Do let me know what u have in ur mind that can help me.

Hi Forumites, i e-mailed KCC some 4 days ago and they replied and informed me that my interview will be on 8th September in Mumbai. First of all i thank God for letting me be slotted for an interview. However, i mentioned that i wanted to do my interview at the US Consulate in Chennai, TN, south India since it's the nearest US consulate to where I'm residing. My question is that do u think they may change for me the venue of interview. I'm planning to e-mail them again on this matter. Do let me know what u have in ur mind that can help me.

Good to hear that you have finally gotten your interview date. You have to accept what you have now (interview date) because KCC will not change it for you. It's too late and KCC will not recall your file from Mumbai. You have to do it yourself and it will take about 3-4 months to get another interview date from Chennai by which time the fiscal year will have ended.

If you want to go ahead, I will show you the process of getting your file transferred from Mumbai to Chennai.

Mjamaa
Congratulations for getting an interview date. Please don't try changing the place of interview just as anneck as adviced you. Spend extra cash and run to Mumbai and do the interview. I wish you success in your interview.

Thank you all for ur advice. i'll just have to do it there coz i can't wait for that long since my stay here in India is up to the end of September. Concerning the medicals i think i can take them from any prescribed center and not necessarily in Mumbai. There's a place in Chennai prescribed for doing it. what is ur view on this?

Thank you all for ur advice. i'll just have to do it there coz i can't wait for that long since my stay here in India is up to the end of September. Concerning the medicals i think i can take them from any prescribed center and not necessarily in Mumbai. There's a place in Chennai prescribed for doing it. what is ur view on this?

Mjamaa
For medicals you can do it in any clinic which is listed by the US Government in the panel of Physicians within India. Yes do it in Mumbai. Im also doing mine in Kobe about 30 minutes by train from my house and my interview will be in Tokyo, 2 hours by plane.

Ok Oliseh, but i prefer to do it in Chennai itself coz it will be good to do it in advance before the interview date and carry the report to Mumbai. My going to Mumbai will be for the interview only and that will mean spending 2 days there n finish with the embassy guys. Let me get the 2nd NL then book for a date with the panel. they need it as a requirement for one to be eligible for medical tests.

Hello Wananchi,
Struggled abit to find my way here.Sasa mimi iko.
Thanks to all who contribute here,your experiences are so valuable.

Question: I booked a medical test by phone at IOM-Nairobi this week and was quoted sh.44,600 for me and my 10 year old who would be coming with me to U.S. I thought this figure is abit more than I expected.I wasnt asked about vaccinations or anything,just called to book,details taken and given this figure.Kwani What criteria do they use to determine what amount to pay?

Sheyo1, that figure is quite scarring, i feel u better call them back again and enquire about the vaccination issue. I'm just about to book my medicals and will have to inform them about my vaccination records just to water down the cost. The whole process of interview is somehow costly and we have to plan wisely. Anyway welcome to the forum

Hello Wananchi,

Question: I booked a medical test by phone at IOM-Nairobi this week and was quoted sh.44,600 for me and my 10 year old who would be coming with me to U.S. I thought this figure is abit more than I expected.I wasnt asked about vaccinations or anything,just called to book,details taken and given this figure.Kwani What criteria do they use to determine what amount to pay?
Sheiyo
I think the figure is almost fine. They quoted for me the same amount for me and my wife. Seems we are having our interview on the same day. I will be doing mine in Tokyo.

Hello Wananchi,

Sheiyo
Karibu to the forum. Mjamaa and I will be of great help to you in this remaining one month before our interview. Please also visit Ghana and Nigeria thread. Ammeck09, Alexee and Donsino are always of great help.

thanks

Oliseh and mjamaa,
Thanks alot.will try re arrange the med appointment.I expected childrens cost to be a little less.More interview experiences out there involving family will be more welcome.Any one asked a.o.s? Impossible is nothing and no retreat.So glad to have been slotted in coz of my high number.Your contributions means alot.

by the way oliseh,iam sure if you called kcc today they will definately tell you your interview date coz as you can see my case no is higher than yours.I had emailed them when i noticed i was current,they replied saying i shud contact them in 7-10 working days but i decided to call after 2 days and they gave me interview date.

by the way oliseh,iam sure if you called kcc today they will definately tell you your interview date coz as you can see my case no is higher than yours.I had emailed them when i noticed i was current,they replied saying i shud contact them in 7-10 working days but i decided to call after 2 days and they gave me interview date.

Sheiyo
They already confirmed my interview date for 7th September in Tokyo.

Kenyans for sure we need to share the experiences those who have gone for interview for 1020..please share your experience
us going for interview on 30th August next month.We need more advice on question for married couples.
Our case number
2010AF00057864

Sheiyo
They already confirmed my interview date for 7th September in Tokyo.

Great! I was misled by your profile..wish you all the best. Judging from what i have gathered from the other bloggers,seems like packaging and presentation on interview day is crucial.

Mjamaa
For medicals you can do it in any clinic which is listed by the US Government in the panel of Physicians within India. Yes do it in Mumbai. Im also doing mine in Kobe about 30 minutes by train from my house and my interview will be in Tokyo, 2 hours by plane.

Hello,
I also need some clarification on this:
The new visa fee is USD 819. Does this mean I pay Usd 819 and my 10 yr old also pays Usd 819 ? Thanks