• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Is it compulsory the medicals should cost $ 350. i think it depends on the tests which are done on an individual? Is HIV test done in Japan and Kenya? In India it isn't done though vaccinations alone may cost something like $191.

Is it compulsory the medicals should cost $ 350. i think it depends on the tests which are done on an individual? Is HIV test done in Japan and Kenya? In India it isn't done though vaccinations alone may cost something like $191.

Mjamaa
yes the medical depends on the vaccinations done and the base charge of the clinic. The clinic that I booked an appointment has a base charge of $270 and depending on the vaccinations that will be administered to me it will shoot to about $450. This is what they told me.
HIV test is not done but they we carry out syphillis test , skin TB test and other blood test to check for anemia and other diseases. Some Vacccinations will be administred even if you were injected at childhood.Thats what I was told.

Fine Oliseh, i hope they wont charge me beyond $350. i think HIV test is done only in African region. have a blessed time

Fine Oliseh, i hope they wont charge me beyond $350. i think HIV test is done only in African region. have a blessed time

Mjamaa
Just carry extra bucks just incase.
HIV I think was removed for all the countries. None is required to be examined.

Yes, i'll have to carry extra bucks just in case they ask more. today is Trixsam's day at the embassy. Let's hope he will come and share with us his experience there.

Yes, i'll have to carry extra bucks just in case they ask more. today is Trixsam's day at the embassy. Let's hope he will come and share with us his experience there.

Mjamaa
Yes today Trisax will be coming out smiling. I'm looking forward to his posting in the forum sometimes later during the day.

yes, i hope he has succeeded. i'm looking forward to hear from him. by the way have u got the 2nd NL? Suppose if the delay continues can one contact KCC if they can resend the letter online? i'm hoping by next week friday it shall reach here. keep me updated on this in case u get ur's.

yes, i hope he has succeeded. i'm looking forward to hear from him. by the way have u got the 2nd NL? Suppose if the delay continues can one contact KCC if they can resend the letter online? i'm hoping by next week friday it shall reach here. keep me updated on this in case u get ur's.
My first NL got lost in post so they send me one by email.I wrote them a week ago explaining that i might not receive the 2nd NL on time.I asked if there is anything they could do to help me put everything together before it is too late.They replied 2 days ago saying they dispatched my 2NL to my postal address on 27th July and that if i dont get the letter by 19th Aug ,then i should email them.I think they will want you to give the postal means some time.This makes me worry less about the letter getting lost in post.They should arrrive in a week or two.

So nothing from njamaa at this point? Why can't he come here to say hello to set my mind at ease. I hope he successful at the interview.

hi guys. My 2nd letter delayed for 2 months and when the interview was 2 weeks to time, i wrote an email to them and they replied that they will sent all the forms in the package via email within 3-5 working days. So guys you should email them to get interview date and letter to be on safe side. Even trixsam knows my story and he was shocked to hear my letter lost for 2 months.

My dv visa interview experience Nairobi

My interview was at 10pm june 28 monday. Security check and medicals envelope stamped at security pass. Am single applicant. Documents taken at window for immigrants and green cards. Highschool cert, good conduct, medicals, birth certificate, passport and lady asked if i have a host letter normal letter but not a must, then i gave out then said ok its same adress.
Then was told seat down to be called. Later i was called at window 7 for finger prints then seat down to be called now for interview.
After 20 minutes i was called at window 10 which is a window for all dv applicants.

Consular; how are you?
Me; am fine.
Consular; you are mr.so and so?
Me; yes.
Consular; what will you be doing in USA when you go there?
Me; work and further studies.
Consular; what will you be studying?
Me; tourism (i wrote i have a diploma in tourism in my forms to kentucky)
Consular; what are you doing currently?
Me; farming.
Consular; are you married?
Me; no.
Consular; do you have children?
Me; no.
Consular; i return this originals documents to you, highschool cert and birth only. Then says as he writes on a receipt date and time to pick visa. Come on thursday at 3pm and pick your visa.

Me; thank you very much.
Consular; okey, thank you sir.
Then i walk away.

They even dont want college papers. And the consular was just asking many people who will host you and who is he/she to you? They dont even need affidavits or host letters. Don't stress yourselfs guys. That process is very simple with simple questions.

But am sorry for those who married because of green card. They denied 2 couples.

I am so happy guys am through and i thank God. Am praying for those who are yet to go for interviews.
AMEN AMEN.

hi guys. My 2nd letter delayed for 2 months and when the interview was 2 weeks to time, i wrote an email to them and they replied that they will sent all the forms in the package via email within 3-5 working days. So guys you should email them to get interview date and letter to be on safe side. Even trixsam knows my story and he was shocked to hear my letter lost for 2 months.

Parsitau
Thanks for the information.
Mjamaa, lets give them until August 6th, if we dont get our 2NL then we can harrass KCC with e-mail so that they can it to us via e-mail.

So nothing from njamaa at this point? Why can't he come here to say hello to set my mind at ease. I hope he successful at the interview.

Ammeck, it's not me but Trixsam who is supposed to update us on his interview yesterday. Mine will be on September 8th.

Fine Oliseh, we need to do something as u have said. can someone go for the medicals without the 2nd NL? i think it's mandatory for the process to be carried out.

Parsitau
Thanks for the information.
Mjamaa, lets give them until August 6th, if we dont get our 2NL then we can harrass KCC with e-mail so that they can it to us via e-mail.

Hi guys, i would like to book for my medicals soon but lack of 2nd NL is making me postpone the process since the panel needs the original interview letter in order for them to carry out the examination. can i just book while waiting for the 2nd NL?

Hi guys, i would like to book for my medicals soon but lack of 2nd NL is making me postpone the process since the panel needs the original interview letter in order for them to carry out the examination. can i just book while waiting for the 2nd NL?

yes you can do medicals even without a 2nd NL. Just print out the email with interview date and take it with 1st NL. But if you don't have such an email from kentucky then go with the 1st NL page that has case number and your full names, that is the very first page that says "Dear mr/mrs so and so. you are among those randomly selected"
then if the IOM staff ask you when is your interview, just gess a near date like next week monday so that they can not delay you. They won't investigate if it's true or false. Them is money talks. By the way as for me i just told them my interview date by word of mouth.

Thanks Parsitau, i'll do so and i hope they wont give me any headache. yes i'm having an e-mail stating the date of the interview. I wish Trixsam to resurface and let us know how things went for him. nice time

I will answer questions i had before i had gone for my interview which was on the 26th of july 2010. My wife was the principal applicant.
1. If the names on the documents differ slightly from those on the passport dont worry. They will award the visa in the name write on the passport. They don't require an affidavit.

2. The new visa fees are 819 dollars per person

3. At the counter were they receive documents they only requested for the passports, 1 photograph per person (US standard), good conduct per person over 18, Birth certificate per person and Marriage certificate to those it applies and the 4 form certificate of the principal applicant ONLY. If you have other degrees they wont require them.

4. The mood in the embassy is very tense but worry not, the green card visa is very short and easy to pass. just dont lie. The way they talk about confidence..... its no lie.... be as confident as you can be.

5. The questions will be directed to the principal applicant so the others to keep their mouth shout unless asked.

6. Only answer what you have been asked. The consular officer likes it that way. Look at it as they have a thought pattern .... don't interrupt it.

7. Being out of status is not the same as over staying your visa. I was in the US on a f1 visa (student) but i did not go to school. i left before my visa expired but i was still illegal cause i was not going to school. According to INS i did a proper thing, thus i didn't warrant the 10 year ban but if you over stayed eg you were given 6 years and you stayed for 8 yrs then unfortunately no green card for you. You attract the 10 year ban.

8. To those who are married after your spouse has won the green card fear not, our interview, less than 10 mins. Only answer what he asked. If he asked why you are married now and not then just say you planned and now you are married. He will ask for specific proof. If you don't have it tell him so (don't offer your own unless he asks you to do so). He will definitely ask for wedding pictures. From that one can easily make a ruling. For us we had countless proofs but all he needed was the photos. They know how Kenyan weddings look like. We took our photo album. He viewed them until almost half way then he said it was ok and told us when to come for our visa. Kazi kwisha.

9. Collection of visa is about 2 days later. One on your passport and the other in a yellow envelope that you must not open (like the medicals) which you will hand over to the immigration on the other side.

10. Roughly visa is valid for 6 months but it depends cause there was a couple who got 5 months the same day i went. the date i got and my wife's differs by 7 days. The visa in the passport will say when it expires

11. 1st year in the US might not be easy but in the long run the same God who gave you the visa is the same one who sustains so don't stop praying after getting your visa.

12. The address you put as the sponsor will be pasted on the yellow envelope and that's what immigration guys will see so put an address you know you will go to. Your ticket will confirm that.

oh sorry, I mistook you with Trixsam, thinking you were the one who went for your interview yesterday.

Hey people my interview was rescheduled to 5th of August....they dint give me a valid reason tho pple are sayin its the referendum in kenya that has made evrithing change since 4th is a holiday nway im set got evrithin in order so no worriez....If you are scheduled for the interview at the Nairobi consulate send an email to them giving them your name,case number and passport number to ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov asking wen is your interview date.......but just show up at the day of your interview....the fees also changed guess evri1 is aware its 819 dollars