• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Hey people my interview was rescheduled to 5th of August....they dint give me a valid reason tho pple are sayin its the referendum in kenya that has made evrithing change since 4th is a holiday nway im set got evrithin in order so no worriez....If you are scheduled for the interview at the Nairobi consulate send an email to them giving them your name,case number and passport number to ImmigrationVisaNairobi@state.gov asking wen is your interview date.......but just show up at the day of your interview....the fees also changed guess evri1 is aware its 819 dollars
Trixsam
Whether they change the date or push it, the VISA is yours. Its all about you going to claim it. I`m sure you going to get. Pray for me and Mjamaa.

Mjamaa
My wife has just informed me that KCC has sent us the 2NL. I was at the Airport flying to Seattle when the good news came in. I will open it next week when I get back home and hope yours has also come. Keep me updated.

Hi forumites, i have a question. i asked my would-be-host to furnish me with a host's letter coz i may need it during the interview but she told me that she is not a legal permanent resident and then suggested me to ask the person who will furnish me with an Affidavit of support to write for me that letter. I'm afraid this may cause me to be disqualified during the interview coz i wrote her name and address in the forms which i sent back to KCC. is it a must that the host in the US must be an LPR?

Mjamaa
My wife has just informed me that KCC has sent us the 2NL. I was at the Airport flying to Seattle when the good news came in. I will open it next week when I get back home and hope yours has also come. Keep me updated.

Hi Oliseh, nice to hear about that. i hope will get mine soon, will give them till friday of this week. if i doesn't get them will communicate with them to let them know of the delay. i'm just confused on what to do coz of the host's letter fiasco. i need advice on what to do on this matter.

Sponsor forms

From my experience at the embassy all they asked for is an address. Not all interviews are the same so my advice would be just get a letter from your friend who you wrote their address just incase cause they might not ask. In my case they did not ask. Though on the envelope they will attach a paper which has the address of your sponsor, the one you filled on the forms. So make sure your air ticket ends there. That envelope is given to the immigration at the port of entry.
Hi forumites, i have a question. i asked my would-be-host to furnish me with a host's letter coz i may need it during the interview but she told me that she is not a legal permanent resident and then suggested me to ask the person who will furnish me with an Affidavit of support to write for me that letter. I'm afraid this may cause me to be disqualified during the interview coz i wrote her name and address in the forms which i sent back to KCC. is it a must that the host in the US must be an LPR?

Hi Fishplug, thanks for ur advice. my prayer is for her to accept writing the letter. i hope it will do her no harm by just writing it. in the case of sponsor, i was told that since i'm a DV lottery winner there was no need of a sponsor hence i wrote none as directed by the embassy officials.let me press her to write it. i wish other forumites to give their opinion on this matter.i'm at the crossroads

Hi Fishplug, thanks for ur advice. my prayer is for her to accept writing the letter. i hope it will do her no harm by just writing it. in the case of sponsor, i was told that since i'm a DV lottery winner there was no need of a sponsor hence i wrote none as directed by the embassy officials.let me press her to write it. i wish other forumites to give their opinion on this matter.i'm at the crossroads

You don't need a letter from the person who is going to host you in the US. Let me also set this straight, the person whose name and address are written on the form is not always your sponsor, it's the place where you will live permanently while in the US or where you want your GC mailed to.

Nice thread

I'v been on nigerian and ghana's thread alone, i never new kenya's thread is this hot. Goodluck everybody!

NL notification sent

Folks, I've already sent my nön-receipt of 1st NL notification this morning. Good luck, guys.

You don't need a letter from the person who is going to host you in the US. Let me also set this straight, the person whose name and address are written on the form is not always your sponsor, it's the place where you will live permanently while in the US or where you want your GC mailed to.

Ammeck, thank you. just a doubt. there are some guys who have attended the interview and have suggested that it would be worth to be armed with that letter in case it is asked. what do u say concerning this? personally i agree with ur point but with others proposing for this letter it makes me be confused. cast some light on this.

Ammeck, thank you. just a doubt. there are some guys who have attended the interview and have suggested that it would be worth to be armed with that letter in case it is asked. what do u say concerning this? personally i agree with ur point but with others proposing for this letter it makes me be confused. cast some light on this.

Hello Mjamaa,
If you are in doubt about any document and you can lay hands on them, pick them up and keep them with you. If they ask you then you produce them, if they don't ask you, you do not loose anything and you set you mind at ease. The rules are as Ammeck09 has stated but then case by case situation arise also. If you want to take a letter from your sponsor, ensure that the person is LPR. Ensure that the person whose address you put on the form is also LPR. By this I will suggest that you go by the suggestions to find a LPR and use them as your host on the form. When you get to the US you can decide where to stay.

Fine Donkay, in the forms which i sent back to KCC i mentioned the address of my host who is not LPR, she recently told me that she wont be able to write that letter since she isn't LPR. However as Ammeck said I will approach my sponsor who is LPR to draft for me the letter and send it together with the AOS. I hope the CO who will conduct the interview will understand and effect change of address from the one I mentioned previously to the new one. Does anyone know the format of the letter from the host? what contents should it contain?

I haven't heard anyone being interviewed in the Nairobi consular being asked for the sponsor affidavit forms but i have heard one guy on this forum take about being asked for a letter from the sponsor. It doesnt matter what visa she is on but she has to be legal and has to state so on the letter. Going by probability they wont ask but hey should they it would be best you have your paper work in order. I would recomend you stick with her. Personally they didnt even bother. It just never came up

Fishplug, some of those who preceded us advised that it's good to have a letter of the host just in case they may ask for it. It's not mandatory that the letter will be asked. It's just a matter of sealing any loophole. My interview wont be done in Nairobi but in Asia.

Hi to all, i got my 2nd NL yesterday and i thank God for that. Now I'm set for medicals which i'll do at the end of the month by God's will. What surprised me is that they mentioned to me that the whole fee for interview is $840 instead of 819 which was on the web, this they said was effected as from July 13th. Anyway let's share experiences coz they open eyes.