• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

hey pple mambo vipiz??........i just completed my medicalz today and to my surprise i really met alot of people who have won DV-2010 ...i really under estimated the number compared to people present at this forum.....met almost 10 people yesterday when doing medicals and today wen i went to pic the report i met another 5 people but i know they were more.....its good to see fellow kenyans pursuing their cases ........nway the medicals was a bit long almost took the whole day.......at first yo pay Ksh 11,000 which is compulsory then the Vaccinations will vary from Ksh 4500 to 8500...........i paid Ksh 15000 in total tho some paid Ksh 19,000............@Oliseh and Mjamaa am impressed by you guyz ....

hey pple mambo vipiz??........i just completed my medicalz today and to my surprise i really met alot of people who have won DV-2010 ...i really under estimated the number compared to people present at this forum.....met almost 10 people yesterday when doing medicals and today wen i went to pic the report i met another 5 people but i know they were more.....its good to see fellow kenyans pursuing their cases ........nway the medicals was a bit long almost took the whole day.......at first yo pay Ksh 11,000 which is compulsory then the Vaccinations will vary from Ksh 4500 to 8500...........i paid Ksh 15000 in total tho some paid Ksh 19,000............@Oliseh and Mjamaa am impressed by you guyz ....
Trixsam
Man, you so lost. I guess you must have been busy trying to source for $ 819. I totally understand. Otherwise we are doing good. Mjamaa has been slotted for 8th September in Mumbai and Im in on 7th September in Tokyo. I wish you God's blessing and grace on 29th July. Please report His blessings on the forum. Stay blessed my bro

Hi Trixsam, welcome back. u were so lost and i quite knew u were readying urself for the interview. i'm fine n just preparing also though it's still far away. yes we should keep this place alive by constantly posting our experiences b4 and after interview. This site is of great help to many as it opened my eyes on what to be done. Thanks to Ammeck for his untiring clearing of others' queries. let's all pray for one another.

Hi Trixsman,
Did you do your med at I.O.M. in Nairobi? Did you have any vaccination records or did the doctor tell you the ones you need after the initial test? My 10 yr old girl has got all her vaccination records from when she was toddler.I booked my med on phone and was quoted ksh.44,000 for my girl and me.I did not discuss anything about her vacc records.This is roughly sh.22,000 each.Any advice?Thank you.

Hi Trixsman,
Did you do your med at I.O.M. in Nairobi? Did you have any vaccination records or did the doctor tell you the ones you need after the initial test? My 10 yr old girl has got all her vaccination records from when she was toddler.I booked my med on phone and was quoted ksh.44,000 for my girl and me.I did not discuss anything about her vacc records.This is roughly sh.22,000 each.Any advice?Thank you.

First Congrats to you Sheyo1 for being selected........medicals are definately done at IOM ...I had vaccination records for my childhood but they told me i needed the boosters .....so he gave me two which cost some 4500 those as i indicated on my earlier thread nway.....I suggest you go with the 44k just incase tho they qouted for me 20k and i paid 15k you cant take any chance ....just a tip if they ask you if you suffered from chicken pox say yes of which im sure you did ..if you say no you will have to part with an extra Ksh4500.....nway all the best ...i suggest you start the process early....sawa?

Last edited by a moderator:
First Congrats to you Sheyo1 for being selected........medicals are definately done at IOM ...I had vaccination records for my childhood but they told me i needed the boosters .....so he gave me two which cost some 4500 those as i indicated on my earlier thread nway.....I suggest you go with the 44k just incase tho they qouted for me 20k and i paid 15k you cant take any chance ....just a tip if they ask you if you suffered from chicken pox say yes of which im sure you did ..if you say no you will have to part with an extra Ksh4500.....nway all the best ...i suggest you start the process early....sawa?
Trixman,
Thanks.This is so enlightening.I wish we had more people coming forward to share their experiences in this way.I will do my best to prepare in good time.I wish you all the best and i know you will sail through your interview on 29th.

Questions guys, how many months is one given to enter the US after being granted visa? two, what could be the reason why KCC had to change the place for the conducting of the interview? the initial US consulate i selected is authorized to do it? just asking even though i've decided to abide by their decision.

Questions guys, how many months is one given to enter the US after being granted visa? two, what could be the reason why KCC had to change the place for the conducting of the interview? the initial US consulate i selected is authorized to do it? just asking even though i've decided to abide by their decision.

6 months from the 'valid from' date on your visa or the issuing date on the visa. They don't change it unless that consulate/embassy cannot process dv cases.

Ammeck, i'm grateful for ur answer. God bless u.
Mjamaa
How have you been?I have been out but now i'm back.

Ammeck just gave you an accurate answer. I'm also thinking of activitating my GC late.

How is the Police certificate going?

Keep me posted

Oliseh, nice to have you back. I'm fine and was told that my application forms for police cert was forwarded to CID on friday. that was from an official at the Kenyan High Com in New Delhi. he told me to give them 2 weks as from tomorrow. anyway i got the police cert from Indian police but was not thrilled by how it looks like. Just a typed paper confirming that I'm residing in that particular district and that I'm of a good character/conduct. I thought it would be a good cert. let me wait for the kenyan one and make a comparison then see what to do over it. How does the one u were given by Japan police look like?

Oliseh, nice to have you back. I'm fine and was told that my application forms for police cert was forwarded to CID on friday. that was from an official at the Kenyan High Com in New Delhi. he told me to give them 2 weks as from tomorrow. anyway i got the police cert from Indian police but was not thrilled by how it looks like. Just a typed paper confirming that I'm residing in that particular district and that I'm of a good character/conduct. I thought it would be a good cert. let me wait for the kenyan one and make a comparison then see what to do over it. How does the one u were given by Japan police look like?
Mjamaa
I can see you are making strides towards the right directions. A certificate is a certificate don't worry about it. The one I was given in Osaka is sealed in an envelope I don't even know the content. I was told not to open it. Generally that's how certificates are issued in Japan. Have you done medicals?You should make early booking , I'm told sometimes getting space is difficult.

Oliseh, thanks for that. I'll book for medicals come 1st of August. still waiting for a word from someone. i know they'll slot me a date b4 25th.

Oliseh, thanks for that. I'll book for medicals come 1st of August. still waiting for a word from someone. i know they'll slot me a date b4 25th.

Mjamaa
Where are other DV 2010 winners from kenya? Wananchi have deserted the forum

It seems they are busy making plans on how to approaxch the interview. just to let u know that my interview venue has been changed from Mumbai to Chennai. I goty a call today from the US Consulate there telling me that they have received my papers from KCC but they have opted to send them to Chennai coz that's where i wrote i will have my interview from. it was a good news to me since Mumbai is a bit far. God works in ways we cannot see. I hope we'll get our 2nd NL soon. If u get ur's do inform me.

Hi all,
Been researching the 2009 Kenya thread and noticed sth. Is it true that in a case where a family goes for interview, the principal applicant used to pay visa fees first and then the beneficiaries pay after the principal applicant has a successful interview(for DV 2009)? Does it still work this way?
Also,those booking for your medicals,has any one experienced delays as Oliseh pointed out? I will book mine mid Aug coz am still finding market for my Kukus.-Bwanawe,siku hizi kuuza ngokho hapana rahisi,let alone selling thousands of them.Kenyans seem to have changed menu.Was able to sort out visa fee so iam abit reliefed.

Wakenya,lets keep this fire burning.Good luck everyone,no retreat!

Oh by the way, i did my fingerprints today at C.I.D hq Nairobi.Was told to pick the cert after 2 wks.

It seems they are busy making plans on how to approaxch the interview. just to let u know that my interview venue has been changed from Mumbai to Chennai. I goty a call today from the US Consulate there telling me that they have received my papers from KCC but they have opted to send them to Chennai coz that's where i wrote i will have my interview from. it was a good news to me since Mumbai is a bit far. God works in ways we cannot see. I hope we'll get our 2nd NL soon. If u get ur's do inform me.

mjamaa
Great news. The Chennai guys have handed you a lifeline. Now start putting together $819 and about $350 for medicals. I guess 2NL started trickling in yesterday and I'm expecting mine today or during the course of this week.

Hi all,
Been researching the 2009 Kenya thread and noticed sth. Is it true that in a case where a family goes for interview, the principal applicant used to pay visa fees first and then the beneficiaries pay after the principal applicant has a successful interview(for DV 2009)? Does it still work this way?
Also,those booking for your medicals,has any one experienced delays as Oliseh pointed out? I will book mine mid Aug coz am still finding market for my Kukus.-Bwanawe,siku hizi kuuza ngokho hapana rahisi,let alone selling thousands of them.Kenyans seem to have changed menu.Was able to sort out visa fee so iam abit reliefed.

Wakenya,lets keep this fire burning.Good luck everyone,no retreat!
Sheyo1
I think once your papers are in order then you will be asked to pay all the money for every accompanying persons.
For medicals sometimes there are delays especially if additional tests have to be done. I know of a friend who had to wait for 2 extra weeks to get his result because the test showed that his wife had suffered from TB before. However intensive test reveled negative result.
I think also Ammeck09's result also delayed and that's why his case was put under admin process. However glory to God he has the visa now.
Things are really tough my dear but God is in control. I also have to source for $1638 for the interview for my wife and I plus $800 for medicals. Let's pray for each other.