• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Oliseh, thanks for the info, i will do the CP in Chennai in South India by God's will. Now that we are current for September all i'm waiting for is the letter from KCC to give me more details about the interview. @ Trixsam kudos for ur intimation
Mjamaa
Im doing mine in Tokyo. I think my interview will be on 6th September because US embassy in Tokyo always conduct DV interviews every first Monday of the month. I got this from people who have taken the interview before.

Oliseh, thanks for the info, i will do the CP in Chennai in South India by God's will. Now that we are current for September all i'm waiting for is the letter from KCC to give me more details about the interview. @ Trixsam kudos for ur intimation

Mjamaa
I will do my CP in Tokyo. My interview is likely to be on 6th Monday 6th September. Based on experience from other people US Embassy in Tokyo conducts DV interview every first monday of the year. But let me first get hold of the 2NL to check the date fixed for me.

Just want to apply for the cert from CID. i hope by August 31st they shall have responded. kenyan embassy guys are the ones demanding a lot of things not stated by the Kenyan cops. to whom did u address your cover letter to? i was told by the embassy guys that i should address it to the High Commisioner who will forward it to CID. they also want my PP and yet i read that PP isn't needed at all.

Just want to apply for the cert from CID. i hope by August 31st they shall have responded. kenyan embassy guys are the ones demanding a lot of things not stated by the Kenyan cops. to whom did u address your cover letter to? i was told by the embassy guys that i should address it to the High Commisioner who will forward it to CID. they also want my PP and yet i read that PP isn't needed at all.
Mjamaa
you better get the cert of cops quick. It normally takes long. Please give the embassyyour ID, original and a copy of your PP. The police will actually need copy of ID. The embassy have to get a copy of your PP just for verification process. Adress the letter to the High Commisioner and they will communicate directly with the CID guys. It will take 2 weeks from the day your documents reach CID guys to get the cert. Give thhem also another 2 weeks to posting. If all goes well then by the end of August you should be set. However don't take any chance bro. Have the stuff ready by mid August.

Ok Oliseh, these Indians are the sluggish ones in clearing for me. i talked with the immigration guys at the Kenyan embassy in Delhi and they told me to send my attested PP copy only. my original ID n a copy of it will be sent tomorrow. how many days gap do u think one can have from the date one receives the 2nd NL to the date of the interview? i wish they could send it for me to be aware of it.

hi guys, been reading all threads for months and now i have decided to sign in. How do i edit my profile?

hi guys, been reading all threads for months and now i have decided to sign in. How do i edit my profile?

Becks
welcome to the forum. It is possible to edit your signature. Please log in and go to you profile and edit signature.

Ok Oliseh, these Indians are the sluggish ones in clearing for me. i talked with the immigration guys at the Kenyan embassy in Delhi and they told me to send my attested PP copy only. my original ID n a copy of it will be sent tomorrow. how many days gap do u think one can have from the date one receives the 2nd NL to the date of the interview? i wish they could send it for me to be aware of it.
You should harrase those Indians cops. I know sometimes they can be irrational. They detained my friends on a transit to Kenya just because he didn't have a yellow feaver vaccine. He had to be bailed on $1000.
2nd NL should start tricking in towards the end of this month. I anticipate to get mine on 27th of this month. Kindly also book for medicals ASAP.

Becks, after you've logged in, check to the top right of your screen where its written setting. Click on the setting and then to the left of your computer you can choose edit signature then you can do the necessary.
Cheers

Lets wait n see how it will be by this month's end. do u think it's necessary to call KCC in order to inquire about the interview date?

Lets wait n see how it will be by this month's end. do u think it's necessary to call KCC in order to inquire about the interview date?
mjamaa, Its got we contact KCC for possible interview date. Someone just told me that sometimes they forget to assign visa numbers to some cases that are current and that really scared me. I have to call them today. In the mean time I have just sent an email to them seeking possible interview date. Please contact them ASAP.

Oliseh, that's really worrying. i'll e-mail them immediately and possibly call them to know my visa status. i hope they will co-operate with me and answer my queries.

Oliseh, that's really worrying. i'll e-mail them immediately and possibly call them to know my visa status. i hope they will co-operate with me and answer my queries.

Just provide them with ur details (case number, date of birth, name) and be rest assured they are going to answer ur querries with details of ur interview

Thanks Donsino, i've already e-mailed them and provided the three info u have mentioned. i hope they will reply soon. do u think i should follow up that e-mail by making a phone call?

Thanks Donsino, i've already e-mailed them and provided the three info u have mentioned. i hope they will reply soon. do u think i should follow up that e-mail by making a phone call?

U can call them if u want. That will be a faster means to know the date (if any yet) and besides is of no harm.

mjamaa
i called them jana and they have slotted me for Tuesday 7th September. They told me to wait for my 2NL. Call them and they will respond immediately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Oliseh, i'll do so on Monday since i know it's a weekend there n they may not be working till monday. Congrats for being assigned the date for interview. i'm hoping to hear mine come next week. my prayer is to be assigned a date then to get that police cert by August 31st since they mentioned it takes 4-6 wks utmost.

Ok Oliseh, i'll do so on Monday since i know it's a weekend there n they may not be working till monday. Congrats for being assigned the date for interview. i'm hoping to hear mine come next week. my prayer is to be assigned a date then to get that police cert by August 31st since they mentioned it takes 4-6 wks utmost.

Mjamaa, I beseech you by the mercies of the Lord that you better have the certificate of police before 20th August. Start now my brother because the 4-6 weeks might turn out to be more than you think.Secondly, you cannot afford to push your interview beyond the assigned date. Remember that September is the last month and you don't want to be put into administration.Please,please,please do all you can to have the corp certificate before 20th august. In the meantime try and do the medicals.
We have waited for too long, we can't afford to die just at the shore.