• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

I just had a succesful interview my expirience comming up real soon
Congrats bruv,its so encouraging to see our friends here getting through.Your experience will be so welcome.Even those small details in and around the embassy are very usefull.Atleast we can still see the light even though this site is not as spiritual as the others i have visited.

Hi my fellow brothers n sisters, why have u all gone underground? This site needs ur contributions. Inasmuch as you may be busy preparing for ur interviews just spare a little time n post ur experiences, this goes to those who have gotten past interview n those still preparing.

Hi my fellow brothers n sisters, why have u all gone underground? This site needs ur contributions. Inasmuch as you may be busy preparing for ur interviews just spare a little time n post ur experiences, this goes to those who have gotten past interview n those still preparing.
True,the site has been so quiet.This is unusual,to our friend Trixsman,we are still waiting for your interview experience.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region ................................All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA..................... ....................9,000

Except:
Egypt............................................5,550
Ethiopia.........................................7,450
Nigeria...........................................7,450

ASIA.............................................9,000
EUROPE.........................................9,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)...................1
OCEANIA..........................................350
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN....450

I just had a succesful interview my expirience comming up real soon

trixsam,

your people are still waiting to learn from your experience, you collected your visa yesterday, that same yesterday you updated your signature but you never found it neccessery to share your interview experience with your fellow country men.

Why not emulate the Nigerians and Ghanians for the wonderful work they've been going.
You profited alot from this and other forum, it is time you give back to the same forum.

Please we are waiting, still waiting, and we shall continue to wait. Post your interview experience.

One love.

Joequi is right, Trixsam

trixsam,

your people are still waiting to learn from your experience, you collected your visa yesterday, that same yesterday you updated your signature but you never found it neccessery to share your interview experience with your fellow country men.

Why not emulate the Nigerians and Ghanians for the wonderful work they've been going.
You profited alot from this and other forum, it is time you give back to the same forum.

Please we are waiting, still waiting, and we shall continue to wait. Post your interview experience.

One love.

In fact, we're all here to share experiences and thoughts. Trixsam, we understand and know that with the help and prayers of the forumers, you had a successful interview. We humbly request from you that you also share your interview experience with us, as others do. That's the only way we the upcoming ones can also sail through. Peace! Benniit

In fact, we're all here to share experiences and thoughts. Trixsam, we understand and know that with the help and prayers of the forumers, you had a successful interview. We humbly request from you that you also share your interview experience with us, as others do. That's the only way we the upcoming ones can also sail through. Peace! Benniit

Hey Benniiit.....easy i was coming to that lyk real soon wanted to pick up my visa first so that i share the whole xpirience as a whole....i dint get it yesterday but today...yesterday wi wa so many so it richd past office hours and wi wa referred to today....how come you dont av a case number up on ur signature??....

The date is 5th August 2010 i arrive at the Nairobi Consulate at 6.30 Am.....I think am so early till i find this long Queue of almost 20 people security check as usual they take our phones and give us tags......So im in quite alot of people in the waiting area outside mostly Non-Immigrants.....I wait until my name is called to window 4 wea they take my medical report..Birth Cert..Passport and High School cert...i wasnt surprised they dint ask for my Degree and other Professional Courses that i had indicated in the forms that i sent to KCC nway i meet some guys wi wa with at Medicalz ...plus start conversations with other DV-Winnerz at this point am aslo abl to observe other Non-Immigrats interviews and its really hectic for them saw almost like 13 denialz for Non-Immigrats...So After paying 819 dollars I get my Receipt and take my forms to window 9 wea i also take my fingerprints and then wait for my name to be called....There was a DV-winner who had filled the online form as single but he was maried....he went through alot of proccesses and eventually told to come with photos and some other envidence of their marriage with the wife.....apart from that all Dv-Applicants up to the time i was interviewd got theirz .....so im called to window 10...

CO: Good morning
Me: Morning to you Sir....
CO: Wea are you going
Me: Answered
CO: What are you going to do?
Me: Study and work
CO: What you goin to study
Me:Masters in IT
CO:good....Come for you visa on 11th of August @3pm
Me: At this point dont know wea this comes from but i ask.....why cant you give mi right away?(im smiling)
Co: eehhh we have to counter check all the documents and prepare your visa this is normal
Me:Ok thank you
On my way out i change my 1 dollar balance from the 819(I had 820)....which i use to buy a cold fresh fruit juice outside.....
Its really izy for dv-winnerz.....So today i picked my visa @3pm plus the yellow envelope.......Glory be to God this has been a long wait

What a pacy interview!

Congrats, bro.
U've now cleared the house. Our God is good! We're all WINNERS, but not losers. Glory be to Him. Peace! Benniit.
The date is 5th August 2010 i arrive at the Nairobi Consulate at 6.30 Am.....I think am so early till i find this long Queue of almost 20 people security check as usual they take our phones and give us tags......So im in quite alot of people in the waiting area outside mostly Non-Immigrants.....I wait until my name is called to window 4 wea they take my medical report..Birth Cert..Passport and High School cert...i wasnt surprised they dint ask for my Degree and other Professional Courses that i had indicated in the forms that i sent to KCC nway i meet some guys wi wa with at Medicalz ...plus start conversations with other DV-Winnerz at this point am aslo abl to observe other Non-Immigrats interviews and its really hectic for them saw almost like 13 denialz for Non-Immigrats...So After paying 819 dollars I get my Receipt and take my forms to window 9 wea i also take my fingerprints and then wait for my name to be called....There was a DV-winner who had filled the online form as single but he was maried....he went through alot of proccesses and eventually told to come with photos and some other envidence of their marriage with the wife.....apart from that all Dv-Applicants up to the time i was interviewd got theirz .....so im called to window 10...

Me: At this point dont know wea this comes from but i ask.....why cant you give mi right away?(im smiling)
Co: eehhh we have to counter check all the documents and prepare your visa this is normal
On my way out i change my 1 dollar balance from the 819(I had 820)....which i use to buy a cold fresh fruit juice outside.....
Its really izy for dv-winnerz.....So today i picked my visa @3pm plus the yellow envelope.......Glory be to God this has been a long wait

congrats trixsam.
You can see that your experience is almost like mine. Its so easy. By the way your questions were very few. Me am now planning to leave 3rd sept for chicago. But i have to slaughter some goats for the farewell.

@Trixsam, where did u pay ur interview fee? at the embassy or at the bank as a demand draft? in my 2NL i have been instructed to pay the amount in any nationalized bank as a DD n this i think applies to all DV lottery winners. i need a clarification on this. Another one is about the fee, in my 2NL it was mentioned as $840 with effect from july 13th 2010. i contacted the US consulate here n they told me that the amount is 819. I;m at the crossroads as I'm planning to pay the amount at the bank as DD as instructed. help coz i need to get a clear clarification b4 that day comes

@Trixsam, where did u pay ur interview fee? at the embassy or at the bank as a demand draft? in my 2NL i have been instructed to pay the amount in any nationalized bank as a DD n this i think applies to all DV lottery winners. i need a clarification on this. Another one is about the fee, in my 2NL it was mentioned as $840 with effect from july 13th 2010. i contacted the US consulate here n they told me that the amount is 819. I;m at the crossroads as I'm planning to pay the amount at the bank as DD as instructed. help coz i need to get a clear clarification b4 that day comes

Mjamaa.. i paid my interview fees @the Nairobi Consulate just before the interview and every other Dv-Winner did that as per your case this is quite interesting I thought the notification letters are all the same with same instructionz....I wuld advice you to call your respectivce consulate ASAP clear out the air on this matter....Call the Embassy wea yu are supposed to go for the interview to set out everything clear.....Av just chekd the Embassy's Website @ New Dehli and the fee is $819 for DV-Winnerz...am aslo aware that DD is common way of transacting in India ......BUT I still insist you call the embassy to set thingz straight...any other forumer can add on this

Everyone

Trixsam, Kudos for the successful interview. You can now start preparing for your travel.
Mjamaa, my 2NL also indicates that the fee is $840.

Guys I have been away for almost 2 week.For one week I was in the US and the whole of this week been busy preparing some documents. While I was in the US , the Tokyo Embassy sent me a letter requesting that I should submit my documents for pre-screening prior to my interview date which is 7th september. All the documents they requested for are ready save for the secondary evidence. They indicated that if my birth certicate was issued more than 6 months after being born then I needed to submit a secondary evidence such as prenatal cards, primary school report forms, baptsmal card etc. Some of these documents can't be traced and so been working to get what I can to give to them. I want to do my best and have these documents sent to them by 20th July.
Pray for me as I put documets in order.
God bless you all.

Congrats, kudos to the almighty for His mercies.

Everyone

Trixsam, Kudos for the successful interview. You can now start preparing for your travel.
Mjamaa, my 2NL also indicates that the fee is $840.

Guys I have been away for almost 2 week.For one week I was in the US and the whole of this week been busy preparing some documents. While I was in the US , the Tokyo Embassy sent me a letter requesting that I should submit my documents for pre-screening prior to my interview date which is 7th september. All the documents they requested for are ready save for the secondary evidence. They indicated that if my birth certicate was issued more than 6 months after being born then I needed to submit a secondary evidence such as prenatal cards, primary school report forms, baptsmal card etc. Some of these documents can't be traced and so been working to get what I can to give to them. I want to do my best and have these documents sent to them by 20th July.
Pray for me as I put documets in order.
God bless you all.

Oliseh, that's what i told u earlier, they indicated $840 in the 2NL. i made a call to the US Consulate here and they were just telling me to pay $819, i doubt if they really know what's written in that letter. concerning the secondary evidence i think i'm also in the same sitaution though I haven't got any letter telling me the same but i will just carry my baptismal card in case they ask for it. so are u going to pay $840 or 819? i suggest u better contact those guys for them to give u the correct info. all the best