• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

I wish others could come up n talk, i don't know why they r mum like this

Thats what I also cry about. Kenyan's are not as helpful as our counterparts from West Africa. Mjamaa does it mean that after September 8th we wont come back to the forum to help others?I ask so because all of the guys who were active in the forum and got their visa dont come nay more.

Hey guyz, i got my 2nd NL three weeks to the appointment date (almost an year after sending the

1st NL)which am persuing as a student, got my financials in order ( thanks beck :) ), went

through the health asssessment process at international organisation for migration(iom), got

sealed envelope,vaccination certificate plus a perfect x-ray. my appointment is on 7th sept and

i've prepared all requested documents for the interview (birth certificate, high school

certificate, passport and passport size photos, except the good conduct which am expecting to

have by weeks end). am just wondering how the whole process at the embassy will be conducted and

what is expected of me in terms of any additional documents, if i must have a affidavit from my

sponsor abroad or just an address, do i need a bank statement or an account, dress code and what

quesions should i expect at the interview?.

i have alot ridin on this and any assistance on how i can prepare myself for a perfect 7th of

september would highly be appreciated, please feel free to reply at this thread or email

mickamau@gmail.com(also for facebook).

i look forward to sharing my experience for the whole process when i successfully aquire my visa.

thanks a bunch :)

Hey BlackRock you need not to worry ....From your readings I guess you are set for the interview.You MUST please note the word MUST have

819 dollars
Passport
Passport Photos
Medical Report
High school Cert(KCSE)
Birth Cert
Police Cert plus the finger prints
Photocopy of High school cert and birth cert
Name,address,state,street of the person who will be hosting you

No dress code....No Affidavit of Support...No Bank Statemaent(Im assuming you are single applicant)..

Dont forget anyhing mentioned above coz you will be asked to present it at a later date and its September ...nway questionz at the interview are verry few and easy for DV-Winners they are like

wat are you going to do there?
who will host you?
who iz he to you?

Its very easy......I would advice you to be there as early as you can coz thea is normally a queue and its first come first serve basis....so be thea at 5.45-6.00 Am....ndio utoke mapema kuna vitu mingi za kufanya rather than just waiting thea up to 12 Am....and btw usisumbuke kubeba the X-Ray...they will only need the medical report.
Hope you find this useful

Mjamaa
Yes they sent me a letter to submit all the documents apart from passport, medical and police report in advance for pre-screening. I already sent them Thursday 19th August.

Hey guys all the best as you continue to prepare for your interviewz......make sure everything is in order for the interview and since you are doing it in other countries i dont think there is any other difference .......make sure you have the name,address,street,state and telephone number of the person who is going to host you.....also remember the photocopies of high school cert and birth cert so that they dont tell you to come later to present them .....cheers na mliskia tuli promulgate new Constitution jana.....cheerz

Hey guys all the best as you continue to prepare for your interviewz......make sure everything is in order for the interview and since you are doing it in other countries i dont think there is any other difference .......make sure you have the name,address,street,state and telephone number of the person who is going to host you.....also remember the photocopies of high school cert and birth cert so that they dont tell you to come later to present them .....cheers na mliskia tuli promulgate new Constitution jana.....cheerz

Trixsam
The US Embassy Tokyo asked me to send all the original documents to them before my interview for pre-screeing. I didn't keep photocopy of any. Do you think that will put my case under AP when I appear for interview of 7th Sept?

Hey BlackRock you need not to worry ....From your readings I guess you are set for the interview.You MUST please note the word MUST have

819 dollars
Passport
Passport Photos
Medical Report
High school Cert(KCSE)
Birth Cert
Police Cert plus the finger prints
Photocopy of High school cert and birth cert
Name,address,state,street of the person who will be hosting you

No dress code....No Affidavit of Support...No Bank Statemaent(Im assuming you are single applicant)..

Dont forget anyhing mentioned above coz you will be asked to present it at a later date and its September ...nway questionz at the interview are verry few and easy for DV-Winners they are like

wat are you going to do there?
who will host you?
who iz he to you?

Its very easy......I would advice you to be there as early as you can coz thea is normally a queue and its first come first serve basis....so be thea at 5.45-6.00 Am....ndio utoke mapema kuna vitu mingi za kufanya rather than just waiting thea up to 12 Am....and btw usisumbuke kubeba the X-Ray...they will only need the medical report.
Hope you find this useful

Trixsam, i see u have mentioned something like Police certificate and fingerprints, it's something i'm hearing for the first time. i thought the embassy guys usually do it during the interview. the one i did was for applying for the Certificate of good conduct. can u or any forumite help out in this coz i'm remaining with few days to my interview

Trixsam, i see u have mentioned something like Police certificate and fingerprints, it's something i'm hearing for the first time. i thought the embassy guys usually do it during the interview. the one i did was for applying for the Certificate of good conduct. can u or any forumite help out in this coz i'm remaining with few days to my interview

The Certificate of good conduct and the Police certificate are the same thing. You do finger print when you apply for police certificate or certificate of good conduct. Let me be inquisitive, where did you get your certificate of good conduct from? Is't from your school?

The Certificate of good conduct and the Police certificate are the same thing. You do finger print when you apply for police certificate or certificate of good conduct. Let me be inquisitive, where did you get your certificate of good conduct from? Is't from your school?

Ammeck, i'm getting u. is it necessary for me to carry my fingerprints form when going for the interview? my fingerprints were taken when i was applying for the certificate of good conduct from the kenya police. i was given one fingerprint form which i sent there. just let me know before i go for the interview

Trixsam
The US Embassy Tokyo asked me to send all the original documents to them before my interview for pre-screeing. I didn't keep photocopy of any. Do you think that will put my case under AP when I appear for interview of 7th Sept?

You can go for the interview and explain to them that they had your original copies

Thats the one im talking about ...wen they give you the cert of good conduct they also give the fingerprints that you took at the police ....but as for your case i know its different since you are doing it in another country....Ask Ammeck he went thru the same process as you did...Ammeck?

Thats the one im talking about ...wen they give you the cert of good conduct they also give the fingerprints that you took at the police ....but as for your case i know its different since you are doing it in another country....Ask Ammeck he went thru the same process as you did...Ammeck?

Trixsam
Police in Kenya usually attach signed finger prints, copy of national ID and payment receipt at the back of certificate of good conduct. Mine has those three things attached at the back and the certificate reads.

This is to certify that the fingerprints attached in this certificate are those of.........................and that they have been searched in the criminal records office and no criminal records has been traced."

Thanks Oliseh, Trixsam and Ammeck, let me wait for the cert. hoping to get it soon. i feared going thru another rigorous stage of taking another fingerprints coz guys here r difficult to convince to do it once more

Thanks Oliseh, Trixsam and Ammeck, let me wait for the cert. hoping to get it soon. i feared going thru another rigorous stage of taking another fingerprints coz guys here r difficult to convince to do it once more

Mjamaa
Not all countries issue certificates with fingerprints. For example Uganda did issue certificate without finger prints attached. But the Kenyan one will come to you with finger prints attached.

Hi All,

For all those who went for their interviews already, can yo plz assist me in answering this question.
When you got to the embassy before the guards let you in, did you have to show them the 2nd NL? i have read some posts on this forum where people say they had to show their passports and interview letter to the guards and they were allowed to go inside. is the interview letter the 2nd NL?

The embassy has requested all documents to be submitted before the interview day except for the medicals which must be submitted on the day of interview, now does it mean that she MUST also submit the I-134 Affidavit of support together with all the documents? or it is not neccessary as long as she takes it with her to the interview just incase they request to see it?

Please please your assistance will be appreciated as my aunt's interview is in 2 weeks time.
Thank you all.

hey guys am just wondering what mode of payments are accepted in the Nairobi embassy and in which currency?.
@isee the interview letter is the 2nd NL and can you please tell us more about sending documents prior to the interview date.
about the aos am sorting mine out i suggest you do the same. :)

hey guys am just wondering what mode of payments are accepted in the Nairobi embassy and in which currency?.
@isee the interview letter is the 2nd NL and can you please tell us more about sending documents prior to the interview date.
Blackrock

I think they accept cash either as Ksh or $. Trixsam paid his in cash. Prepare $819 per person appearing in the interview.

trixsam
is it necessary to present the police certificate together with copy of ID as supplied by the CID or can i pluck it out? reason is that my wife's Id and passport have different year for date of birth.i think i'l b able to get the certificate by explaining the discrepancy to CID but i dot want the Id copy proceeding for interview.advise?

trixsam
is it necessary to present the police certificate together with copy of ID as supplied by the CID or can i pluck it out? reason is that my wife's Id and passport have different year for date of birth.i think i'l b able to get the certificate by explaining the discrepancy to CID but i dot want the Id copy proceeding for interview.advise?
my2011
Please do not pluck the ID attached at the back of the police certificate.
From you signature, I think your case number will be current around March or April 2011.
If I were you, I would walk straight to Jogoo house and ask them to change the ID for your wife and replace it with the one with the right date of birth. You never know what the embassy might require.
Please also check that the birth certificate has the right date of birth thats is consistent with the passport. ID might be the easiest docuemnt to change.

Hi All,

For all those who went for their interviews already, can yo plz assist me in answering this question.
When you got to the embassy before the guards let you in, did you have to show them the 2nd NL? i have read some posts on this forum where people say they had to show their passports and interview letter to the guards and they were allowed to go inside. is the interview letter the 2nd NL?

The embassy has requested all documents to be submitted before the interview day except for the medicals which must be submitted on the day of interview, now does it mean that she MUST also submit the I-134 Affidavit of support together with all the documents? or it is not neccessary as long as she takes it with her to the interview just incase they request to see it?

Please please your assistance will be appreciated as my aunt's interview is in 2 weeks time.
Thank you all.

It depends on wea your Interview will be ?.....In my case at the Nairobi Consulate.....at the 1st gate gate they chekd my 2nd NL(the one that states wea and wen ur interview will be )and i got in ..then at the second gate they took my medicals confirmed if it was sealed and my pasport before letting me go inside to the interview hall...If she has affidavit of support she has to submit it at the interview day to the consular........hey please just read wat the second NL states she MUST have and have them carried by her to the interview.......If she iz DV-2010....she has to be more careful coz visas can only be issued up to End of Sept...all the best

You can carry U.S dollars or Ksh(and exchange them at the accounts at the embassy)......that is your decesion.......you guy if you dont get AOS.....have the name,address,street,telephone No and state of wea you are going...this is very important....and please as you go for your interview remember to observe other interviews and post your xpirience hiafor the sake of future DV winnerz......all the best