• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

trixsam
is it necessary to present the police certificate together with copy of ID as supplied by the CID or can i pluck it out? reason is that my wife's Id and passport have different year for date of birth.i think i'l b able to get the certificate by explaining the discrepancy to CID but i dot want the Id copy proceeding for interview.advise?

First concerning you getting your police report dont you think its so early considering your interview will be somewea in March 2011...nway I gave them the report...fingerprints minus the ID....and birth cert and pasport shuld have corresponding Info ..note that

please help me, my CN is so high, my 1st letter is dated from 26 of april 2010, some people received their letter later but with a low CN, I dont understand such discrepancy? do i have a chance to receive a visa ? does it matter to reply as soon as possible? I gave a call to KCC today ,they said my file is beeing processed. I am really really anxious bc i really want to end up in usa and this is a real opportunity to seize. Please help me to understand those dyscrepancies???

please help me, my CN is so high, my 1st letter is dated from 26 of april 2010, some people received their letter later but with a low CN, I dont understand such discrepancy? do i have a chance to receive a visa ? does it matter to reply as soon as possible? I gave a call to KCC today ,they said my file is beeing processed. I am really really anxious bc i really want to end up in usa and this is a real opportunity to seize. Please help me to understand those dyscrepancies???
Dadadada
Conratulations on being selected for DV 2011. You case will be current in September 2011.
African has been current in all the previous years and so you will be current in September 2011.

It depends on wea your Interview will be ?.....In my case at the Nairobi Consulate.....at the 1st gate gate they chekd my 2nd NL(the one that states wea and wen ur interview will be )and i got in ..then at the second gate they took my medicals confirmed if it was sealed and my pasport before letting me go inside to the interview hall...If she has affidavit of support she has to submit it at the interview day to the consular........hey please just read wat the second NL states she MUST have and have them carried by her to the interview.......If she iz DV-2010....she has to be more careful coz visas can only be issued up to End of Sept...all the best

Thank you so much trixsam, i will let her know.

my2011
Please do not pluck the ID attached at the back of the police certificate.
From you signature, I think your case number will be current around March or April 2011.
If I were you, I would walk straight to Jogoo house and ask them to change the ID for your wife and replace it with the one with the right date of birth. You never know what the embassy might require.
Please also check that the birth certificate has the right date of birth thats is consistent with the passport. ID might be the easiest docuemnt to change.

oliseh,
problem is i'm in southern Africa but will be doing CP in Nai. the Birth cert n passport coincide coz u knw the passport is based on birth cert.n way will make contacts n see if changes can be made in absentia since she is with me this side.thanks.

just wanted to be sure. the idea's to avoid surprises. wanted to knw whether its neccesary to change the discrepancy in the ID. whn she was applying for the passport they said the birth cert was key so she didn't need to change Id or swear affidavit.i'l start processing the policecert may be jan, feb of 2011....long way..!
thanks alotfor keeping us company n well informed.gddy.

oliseh,
problem is i'm in southern Africa but will be doing CP in Nai. the Birth cert n passport coincide coz u knw the passport is based on birth cert.n way will make contacts n see if changes can be made in absentia since she is with me this side.thanks.
my2011
Bear in mind that when applying for a police certificate from Kenya you need your ID and not passport. In the finger print from you will have to fill your details as they appear in the ID. My question is how will you fill the date of birth? Secondly you never know what documents the Consular Officer might request for. I didn't know that they I would be asked for Kenyan National ID card as a secondary identity because I will be doing my CP in Tokyo. Assuming that they ask you for that, how are you going to explain your case? However I have never heard anybody being asked of that thats means you are likely to be safe.

Dadadada
Conratulations on being selected for DV 2011. You case will be current in September 2011.
African has been current in all the previous years and so you will be current in September 2011.

thanks for your support and hoping i ll be current next year in september

Hi forumites, just asking one question. do u think i may be denied visa coz of not issuing a police cert from Kenya or I'll be told to wait till i produce it. there's a problem coz i was informed it was posted from New Delhi on 26th August but till now i haven't got it. actually it's supposed to take 4 -5 days to reach me. It's a mystery coz I cannot tell what is happening

Hi forumites, just asking one question. do u think i may be denied visa coz of not issuing a police cert from Kenya or I'll be told to wait till i produce it. there's a problem coz i was informed it was posted from New Delhi on 26th August but till now i haven't got it. actually it's supposed to take 4 -5 days to reach me. It's a mystery coz I cannot tell what is happening
mjamaa, you cant be denied visa at all.they will interview you but tell you to bring the cert on specified date before the visa can be issued. lets hope that you get it on monday or latest tuesday because your interview in on 8th.

Last edited by a moderator:
mjamaa, you cant be denied visa at all.they will interview you but tell you to bring the cert on specified date before the visa can be issued. lets hope that you get it on monday or latest tuesday because your interview in on 8th.

Hi Oliseh, thanx for that. let me hope it will be so. i'll let them (embassy guys) know about this on monday for them to start tracking it coz i believe if they really sent it then it must be lying somewhere. i wish u and other guys all the best as u face the interviewers on Tuesday.

Hi Oliseh, thanx for that. let me hope it will be so. i'll let them (embassy guys) know about this on monday for them to start tracking it coz i believe if they really sent it then it must be lying somewhere. i wish u and other guys all the best as u face the interviewers on Tuesday.

mjamaa i believe the certificate is just somewhere. did the embassy send it as a registered mail or ordinary mail?if registered then they can get you the tracking number and you look for it.

mjamaa i believe the certificate is just somewhere. did the embassy send it as a registered mail or ordinary mail?if registered then they can get you the tracking number and you look for it.
Oliseh, when sending my application forms i also included a return self addressed A4 size envelope with stamps equivalent to the registered mail in India. I'm not sure on which mode they sent the cert to me but i believe it was a registered one coz of the status of the documents. I'll ask them tomorrow for all the details and ask them track it from there as i also do it from my side.

my2011
Bear in mind that when applying for a police certificate from Kenya you need your ID and not passport. In the finger print from you will have to fill your details as they appear in the ID. My question is how will you fill the date of birth? Secondly you never know what documents the Consular Officer might request for. I didn't know that they I would be asked for Kenyan National ID card as a secondary identity because I will be doing my CP in Tokyo. Assuming that they ask you for that, how are you going to explain your case? However I have never heard anybody being asked of that thats means you are likely to be safe.

Oliseh
good piece of info! more though,from your response i get it that you u require to fill details in the certificate application forms as in ID but does DOB appear on the actual police certificate the CID issue?
can't go without wishing u a quick, speed issuance of what's now rightfully yours,go get it!.
mjamaa too, go for it.

Oliseh
good piece of info! more though,from your response i get it that you u require to fill details in the certificate application forms as in ID but does DOB appear on the actual police certificate the CID issue?
can't go without wishing u a quick, speed issuance of what's now rightfully yours,go get it!.
mjamaa too, go for it.

my2011
Thanks alot for the man. pray for me. I will come back with testimony and post my experience.

Oliseh, I Wish you all the best on the day after tomorrow and I believe that you will just go there, say hi to the CO and get out smiling.

Oliseh
mjamaa too, go for it.

Thanks My2011, i'm hoping the cert will surface on time b4 i proceed to the interview on 8th.all the best too in ur efforts

Oliseh and Mjamaa, I'm wishing you well in your upcoming interview. Go with cnfidence and the belief that God has already done it for you and the visas shall be yours for the taking. Once again Good Luck.