• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv 2010 winners from kenya

Thanks Ammeck, with this i'll start processing on how to get the cert. what bogs my mind is how to acquire the AOS. Any clue on how to go thru it? coz i believe i need to have someone to be my financial guarantor for it to materialize. i'd love to hear from u concerning this.

Thanks Ammeck, with this i'll start processing on how to get the cert. what bogs my mind is how to acquire the AOS. Any clue on how to go thru it? coz i believe i need to have someone to be my financial guarantor for it to materialize. i'd love to hear from u concerning this.

If you check the website given here http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf it will tell you on page two who can complete the affidavit of support form on your behalf.

1. A Green Card Holder,
2. A US Citizen, and
3. A lawful Permanent Resident

Given below is the I-134 form and its instructions from the USCIS websites:
Poverty Guideline (I-864P): http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf
Affidavit of Support and Instructions (I-864): http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864.pdf
Affidavit of Support and Instructions (I-134): http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

I'm grateful Ammeck, at least I can see some light as I advance. will keep u posted on my progress

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone
new to the site. im a kenyan residing in Osaka, Japan. Graet to meet other Kenyans in this forum.
My info are as below
CN: 2010AF000650XX
NL Dated: 30 May 2009
NL Rcvd: 10th July 2009
Forms Sent to KCC: 20 th July 2009

Been waiting but not yet called for interview. Can someone advice me when they are likely to call me? I have all my documents ready including the police certificates.
And by the way I was looking at previous bulletin especially for 2009 September and it was indicated CURRENT for africa region. What does the word CURRENT mean?Can someone ellucidate .

Cheers guys and make the grace of God be with you all.

Hi Oliseh,
Glad you have joined this forum as it will be helpful to unravel ur questions and doubts. I hope trixsam, Ammeck or Wendogg will come to ur aid concerning ur queries. be prompt as they will be prompt in clearing them. by the way how many days did it take for u to get the police cert from Kenya? i'm just about to start looking for it. tell me more how u got it. do let us know whenever u get a letter for the interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Mjamaa
Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome.
Actually my sister helped me to get the police certificate in Kenya. It took about 14 days to get it.
She went to the CID Headquaters in Kiambu and stated my case that i wasn't able to travel for the certificate myself. The police then gave her some forms for taking finger prints. The asked if I can take it to local police station here in Osaka or to Kenyan Embassy to help take the finger prints. Unfortunately both the Embassy and the Police here declined since the Japanese law only does not allow taking of finger prints apart from the airport or when one is caught in criminal act. I explained my sister the situation and the CID boss accepted that I can take finger prints by myself and send it to them. I asked a friend who helped me in the exercise then send the forms to my siz. She took them to CID HQ and in 14 days she had the cert.
I think they were able to help her because she is also a Government official.
If you have a relative in nai at home who is a govt officical then it will eb very fast. Just send your National ID and they will give him/her the forms. If the police is India can help with the finger prints then it would be good.
By the way I think it cost around ksh 1000 or 2000. I can't remember well.

Cheers

Fine Oliseh, i'm grateful for the explanation. yes it costs 1000 shillings. will try n contact the embassy in Delhi for them to send me the form. anyway let's update one another on each and every step as it helps out

mjamaa
the forms are only available in CID Headquarters in Kiambu. The embassy doent have the police forms.
Kindly ask somoen in Kenya to help you and expalin your case to the Police.

Hi guys
. I have one quiz though about family name. I have a small mistake in my passport and my secondary certificate.
My family name is Nyong'o.
In my passport its written Nyongo
I school cert its written Nyong'o
In the forms I sent back to kentucky I wrote Nyongo (same as passport).
Can this jeopardize my chance?if so, what action can I take before I become current?
Any advice?

Hi guys
. I have one quiz though about family name. I have a small mistake in my passport and my secondary certificate.
My family name is Nyong'o.
In my passport its written Nyongo
I school cert its written Nyong'o
In the forms I sent back to kentucky I wrote Nyongo (same as passport).
Can this jeopardize my chance?if so, what action can I take before I become current?
Any advice?

Hey Oliseh good to see you around .....for a moment thot you are Naija coz of your name .....i see you missed to be current in August by a whisker coz the Numbers for Africa are now 64,300 nway expect to be current in September that is when you will go for your interview.....guess you are doing your interview in Japan.....About your name issue my opinion is you just go for the interview and explain your case as you have written above....Hope you are getting your documents ready....wots your say Ammeck?.

Hey Oliseh good to see you around .....for a moment thot you are Naija coz of your name .....i see you missed to be current in August by a whisker coz the Numbers for Africa are now 64,300 nway expect to be current in September that is when you will go for your interview.....guess you are doing your interview in Japan.....About your name issue my opinion is you just go for the interview and explain your case as you have written above....Hope you are getting your documents ready....wots your say Ammeck?.

Trixsam,
Im from Kisumu dala. I missed August by whisker. I will be doing my interview in Tokyo. I have gotten all documents ready..all certificates are ready from primary to Masters level with the PhD certificate to come in March 2011(but I do I say...LOL). About the name issue I will explain to the embassy about during the interview. Thanks alot and will keep the forum abreast about my progress.

Fine Oliseh, i'm grateful for the explanation. yes it costs 1000 shillings. will try n contact the embassy in Delhi for them to send me the form. anyway let's update one another on each and every step as it helps out

Mjamaa,
Do you have someone in nai who can help?Please start early for the cert because sometimes wakubwa huleta kichwa.

I've already commented on his post in the Ghanaian thread.

Mjamaa
Thanks a bunch for the warm welcome.
Actually my sister helped me to get the police certificate in Kenya. It took about 14 days to get it.
She went to the CID Headquaters in Kiambu and stated my case that i wasn't able to travel for the certificate myself. The police then gave her some forms for taking finger prints. The asked if I can take it to local police station here in Osaka or to Kenyan Embassy to help take the finger prints. Unfortunately both the Embassy and the Police here declined since the Japanese law only does not allow taking of finger prints apart from the airport or when one is caught in criminal act. I explained my sister the situation and the CID boss accepted that I can take finger prints by myself and send it to them. I asked a friend who helped me in the exercise then send the forms to my siz. She took them to CID HQ and in 14 days she had the cert.
I think they were able to help her because she is also a Government official.

If you have a relative in nai at home who is a govt officical then it will eb very fast. Just send your National ID and they will give him/her the forms. If the police is India can help with the finger prints then it would be good.
By the way I think it cost around ksh 1000 or 2000. I can't remember well.

Cheers

Hi Oliseh,
Please check the bolded part and compare with the requirements that I found at department of state website on reciprocity requirements for Kenya. The relevant part is as below:

Fingerprints should be taken by a local police official and bear an official stamp, or be taken before an attorney and certified. The official should also verify the identity of the individual being fingerprinted by noting the details of the identification document.

From the above, I believe that your friend is ineligible to assist you to take the fingerprints unless he is an attorney and assisted you in that capacity. Otherwise, my friend, I'll advise that you look for a qualified attorney who will take and certify the fingerprint as well as taking details of your id e.g. passport. Then contact your sis to get you a new Police Certificate with this new set of fingerprint. The issue is that Kenyan Police do accept fingerprints from you regardless of how you got it. However based on the requirement, will the US embassy in Tokyo accept such fingerprints? You do not want any administrative process judging from your September interview. Therefore talk to an attorney and get the proper fingerprint, it will cost you some extra bucks but it will be worth it.

i think the police and the embassy will accept. i had friend from ghana (dv 2009) who did the same . he took his prints and sent to ghana police and they helped. remember that at the back of your ID they have your thumb print and also when applying for kenyan national ID they take all your finger prints.thats why police dont accept kenyan passport when applying for the certificate of police. they usually insist on national ID.

i think the police and the embassy will accept. i had friend from ghana (dv 2009) who did the same . he took his prints and sent to ghana police and they helped. remember that at the back of your ID they have your thumb print and also when applying for kenyan national ID they take all your finger prints.thats why police dont accept kenyan passport when applying for the certificate of police. they usually insist on national ID.

HI,
That is fine by me. All this is to ensure that no consular officer takes a decision that will jeopardise a situation based on avoidable events. Anyway lets see if other forumites may bring their knowledge and experience to bear on this issue. Good luck.

Hi guys, i contacted the Kenyan high com in Delhi and the official there told me to get the form for taking fingerprints from my local police( since they don't have such forms) and then let them take my fingerprints then send the document to them for them to send them to CID HQ in Nai. I tried to tell him that the form is to be acquired from the CID Hq only but he stuck to his word which forced me to comply with his statement. I'll be going to the SP's office tomorrow to hear their side of the story. i hope they will cooperate. @Oliseh what are some of the issues those guys (wakubwa) may come up with that might make acquiring the cert an long process? explain pliz

Trixsam,
Im from Kisumu dala. I missed August by whisker. I will be doing my interview in Tokyo. I have gotten all documents ready..all certificates are ready from primary to Masters level with the PhD certificate to come in March 2011(but I do I say...LOL). About the name issue I will explain to the embassy about during the interview. Thanks alot and will keep the forum abreast about my progress.
Oliseh lol aneni kabisa....Permanent Head Damage on the way......i

Just Got my 2Nd NL Today it took exactly One Month Just as the 1stNL but i had olredy printed the email and was set for next week Now am comparing the 2NDNL for dv2010 and dv2009 for a friend this time they dont tell you how many photos they need but I just confirmed it from the US Embassy Nairobi .........Now all eyes set for the medicals next week at International Organization for Migration (IOM).Naorobi ...To Paristau who is going For His Interview on 28th June I guess you olredy gone for the Medicals How Much Did the Medicals Cost you??......

Just Got my 2Nd NL Today it took exactly One Month Just as the 1stNL but i had olredy printed the email and was set for next week Now am comparing the 2NDNL for dv2010 and dv2009 for a friend this time they dont tell you how many photos they need but I just confirmed it from the US Embassy Nairobi .........Now all eyes set for the medicals next week at International Organization for Migration (IOM).Naorobi ...To Paristau who is going For His Interview on 28th June I guess you olredy gone for the Medicals How Much Did the Medicals Cost you??......

Where are you having your medical test? Why don't you give them a call to find out how much they charge yourself: (IOM) in Nairobi Tel: 2720061/2 or Dr. C.B. Patel in Mombasa Tel:041-2222857/8.