• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Your sponsor doesn't need to send a bank statement. Let him get a letter from his empolyers on a business stationery showing the following details:
1. Date and nature of employment;
2. Salary paid; and
3. Whether the position is temporary or permament.

Add this letter to the form I-134 and send it to your interview.

Alternatively, if he can get his previous 3 years of either;
1. Copies of Tax Returns or
2. Transcripts of Tax Returns (he can get free copies of this by completing this form http://usgovinfo.about.com/gi/o.htm...&zu=http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf) and send it to the ''state' address provided on the form. Any of these can be added to the I-134 for your interview.

If you are having your interview in Ghana then I will advice you to go for the alternative one (i.e. the bolded part)

Hi computek09, since you have spent one week on your new job, could you share with us the American working culture? I think this will prepare us for our future job positions.

Hi computek09, since you have spent one week on your new job, could you share with us the American working culture? I think this will prepare us for our future job positions.

Hi ammeck09,

Very important, we need more filla on this from him (computeck09)

ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO INTEND POSTPONING THEIR INTERVIEW

Hello House,

I was listening to staff from the US Embassy Accra, Ghana on one of the FM stations this morning and they stated categorically that, because of the volume of DV winners who have been schedule for interview this year 2010, they are advising that:

a. No one postpone his interview because if you do, it’s not likely you will get a second appointment for the interview before the end of the program this year (September).

b. They also advice that, all necessary documents, medicals and evidence of relationship if any should be ready at the first interview.

They also stated that, close to 4000visas was issued in the DV2009 program.

ADVICE FOR THOSE WHO INTEND POSTPONING THEIR INTERVIEW

Hello House,

I was listening to staff from the US Embassy Accra, Ghana on one of the FM stations this morning and they stated categorically that, because of the volume of DV winners who have been schedule for interview this year 2010, they are advising that:

a. No one postpone his interview because if you do, it’s not likely you will get a second appointment for the interview before the end of the program this year (September).

b. They also advice that, all necessary documents, medicals and evidence of relationship if any should be ready at the first interview.

They also stated that, close to 4000visas was issued in the DV2009 program.

Thanks alexee for your information. In as much as I will not recommend someone postponing his interview, sometimes circumstances or situations do call for such a decision. A case in point was the guy who could not travel to Ghana because of the flight ban in the UK. But dammm, getting it rescheduled in September is disastrous, and there is no guarantee that visas will be available to be issued at that time.

Yeah this volcanic ash caused some serious disturbance worldwide...I wouldn't recommend postponing the interview or changing the location of the interview because it will just reduce your chances of getting the visa..

Interviews are going well...3rd round and 4th round interviews (1 job and I have so many rounds of interviews to do....)...I am getting the kenkey store ready just in case...downtown Manhattan..Kenkey Pepper and Fish at a discount for anyone in the area haha ! :)

Yeah this volcanic ash caused some serious disturbance worldwide...I wouldn't recommend postponing the interview or changing the location of the interview because it will just reduce your chances of getting the visa..

Interviews are going well...3rd round and 4th round interviews (1 job and I have so many rounds of interviews to do....)...I am getting the kenkey store ready just in case...downtown Manhattan..Kenkey Pepper and Fish at a discount for anyone in the area haha ! :)

Hi AmericaBound, hope you secure your dream job soon. Are you a Ga or Fante man, becuase a could see your love for kenkey is irresistible? Well, local Ghanaian food in the States is very expensive, so if you have got a 'joint' where a local food is cheap then you have to frequent there.

Hi Guys,

The house is too quiet. What is the problem? Please get on board and let's get the fire burning.

I think so - for the past three days I observed no post on this thread. Well everything is moving on smoothly for me. Just started medicals and hope to complete on time before my interview. Keeping my fingers crossed waiting for the His appointed time.

I think so - for the past three days I observed no post on this thread. Well everything is moving on smoothly for me. Just started medicals and hope to complete on time before my interview. Keeping my fingers crossed waiting for the His appointed time.

Hi ammeck09,

Good to know that you are seriously preparing towards your interview. I know you will definately sail through.

Does anyone know what type of questions will be asked during interview? Do they have same pattern of questions or different?

samuel5028,

Just take your time and go through this thread from page one and you will see likely interview questions and that of members of the thread. They do not have a specific pattern with regards to the questions. The questions varies from case to case, for instance single, married, using education or work as a means of qualification for the dv program etc.

Guys, it's quiet here.
Where are you all? alexee, sabulonde, americabound, mykoko, JKO, computek, delay, abutay, etc

I was at the USA Embassy with my wife and Kid yesterday.
PLEASE Prepare your documents like a month ahead of time.
bring averything, but do not submit anything they don't ask u to submit.
if your're with wife and kids, bring them along.
this thing is very expensive, but its good if you follow the rules carefully.
good luck to all.

hi all,
i am a ghanaian and a winner of dv 2010. thanks all for the good works you have been doing here.

I am happy you guys want to learn. If you do and pray you will take visa cool. Hey start to orginize your documents. I met a lady and a guy at the emba who couldn't get their SSSCE cert from waec. If you don't have yet start getting it now.
If you have money may be change some dolars but not until you monitor the trend of the cedi against the dolar. All the same you can send cedis to the emba

CN:#2009AF00014XXX
NL recieved 18th April
Letter posted to KCC 5th May
sent mail to KCC in July 10
KCC comfirmed reciept of form July 11
Current in December
Police Cert completed
KCC confirm interview for 19/12/08
2ND LETTER RECIEVED 14/11/08
Interview reschedulled to 23/2/09
successful fisrt interview 23/2/09
medicals completed
second interview 16/04/09
Sucessful second interview 16/04/2009
visa pick up 24/04/2009
Picked up visas for the Two 24/04/09
Prov. 21:31 Horses are made ready for battle but vitory is in the hands of God

Dear JKC,
Your sponsor needs to provide the following.
1- The Afidavit of support form I-134 filled correctly and signed
2- Tax declaration forms for the fiscal year
3- If they are working, they need to show proof. My sponsor is a nurse and she provided a letter from the hospital where she works

the bank statement of the sponsor is not required as information about saving, insurance, property is filled in on the I-134
Please make sure the person has not been providing affidavits for other people within that year or period.
also, make enough contact with your sponsor as you need to show proof that you know him/her or they know u very well and will be willing to provide for u while ur there.

i work in a bank, but i did not bring along a bank statement as i was not asked to bring one. i had it in my bag though. someone infront of me submitted it and the lady returned it to him saying they did not ask for that.

Stay cool, be confident, and PLEASE NO FRAUDULENT DOCS. THOSE PEOPLE ARE TRAINED TO SNIFF YOUR MIND. Relax, the guy is just another human being like you, waiting to grab a beer that evening after the day's work.
Good luck