• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Successful Interview

Dear fellow forum members, pls. join me in giving thanks to Lord Almighty for a successful interview last wednesday and below is the full story of how it went:

we got to the embassy around 6.30am and the roundabout was full of people. my husband joined them 5mins to 7.00 in order to be infront of the queue. the security guards called them to form the queue around 7.00 and i joined them with our son who was asleep and were asked to enter 5mins later. we got to the interview hall and were asked to have a seat. the principal applicants were called to be briefed and given forms to fill, make payments, submit documents and then finally we were called to do the finger prints. we were asked to wait and we waited till 11.20am before we heared our name to come to window 6. all dv applicants interviewed before us were given admin processing. this scared me eventhough i did not show it and told my husband that admin processing and refusal are not our portion. our portion is a pick-up ticket so he should not worry.

our interview was more of a conversation. our 10month old son who was with my husband did so well in distracting the co's attention and it went like this:

co: goodmorning
us: goodmorning
co: are u two married?
us: yes
co: could you pls place you right index finger on the machine
me: did
co: pls sign your documents and one of you shd sign for your son
us: did
co: do u promise to tell the truth and that all your documents are geniun?
co: how long have you been married:
us: married since...................
co: is this your son?
co: and is he your first and only son?

all this while our son was trying to pick up the finger print machine infront of us and the co was smiling and looking at him whilst typing

co: do you have any pictures you've taken together with your son?
us: brought out our wedding album but he was not interested in that one so we gave him a small album which contained all pics with our son which he went through. upon seeing our graduation picture my husband and i took together on our graduation day, he asked:

co: did you two attend the same university?
us: yes we did
co: when did you graduate?
us: .....................
co: sir, u stated u qualify through education?
hus: yes
co: you have waec and degree
hus: yes i do
co: what do you do?
hus: ........................
co: what investment do u sell?
hus.....................
co: where do you work? here he mentioned it himself because he saw a small company tag on my hasband.
hus: .................

here our son's shoe came of which i took and gave it to him to play with and leave the man's machine alone. he threw it towards the glass and i picked it up. the co said to him that u have a lot of energy and i said u can say that again. we all laughed over it.

co: give me a minute to print a slip for you.

here, my husband didn't hear him well and asked him what he said and he explained that he was going to give us admin processing but there is nothing for him to require further to give us that so he is giving us the pick up ticket for us to come on 14th May, 2010 to pick up our visas. we thanked him and said good bye.

House, the good Lord has done it for us and he shall surely do it for everyone. Just keep praying and he will make a way where there seem to be no way.

all thanks to everyone on this forum who made our interview a success especially alexee who always answered my questions.

House, in the haste of things, we forgot to request for the originals of our certificates. are they going to give them to us on the day we will be picking up our visas or what?

CN: 2010AF00031***
NL dated : 21st of March 2009
NL received:16th May 2009
Returned forms: 30th July 2009
2nd NL received: 3rd March 2010
Started medicals: 10th March 2010
Medicals completed: 31st March 2010
Interview: 14th April 2010
Visa pick-up: 14th May 2010

Abutay, I forgot to ask, where did you had your interview?

ammeck, we had our interview in Accra.

alexee, i would really love to see you so when u see a young couple with a young troublesome boy, then it is us. our collection time is 7.30am.

thank you all!

alexee, i would really love to see you so when u see a young couple with a young troublesome boy, then it is us. our collection time is 7.30am.

thank you all!

Abutay, thanks for your quick response. Well I don't understand why the embassy in Ghana puts everyone under administrative processing. Do they want to tell us that every Ghanaian applicant is dishonest and suspicious of committing a fraud? I think this accounted for a small percentage of Ghanaians being approved of the dv visa.

Hi Abutay,

Thank you for sharing your expirence with us. For the originals of the certificates, mine was not given to me so i'm sure it will be given to us on the visa collection day. See you on the 14th of May at the embassy.
Congrats.

That 14th May is gonna be a special day in our lives.

Hi Abutay,

Thank you for sharing your expirence with us. For the originals of the certificates, mine was not given to me so i'm sure it will be given to us on the visa collection day. See you on the 14th of May at the embassy.
Congrats.

That 14th May is gonna be a special day in our lives.

Successful Interview

Dear fellow forum members, pls. join me in giving thanks to Lord Almighty for a successful interview last wednesday and below is the full story of how it went:

we got to the embassy around 6.30am and the roundabout was full of people. my husband joined them 5mins to 7.00 in order to be infront of the queue. the security guards called them to form the queue around 7.00 and i joined them with our son who was asleep and were asked to enter 5mins later. we got to the interview hall and were asked to have a seat. the principal applicants were called to be briefed and given forms to fill, make payments, submit documents and then finally we were called to do the finger prints. we were asked to wait and we waited till 11.20am before we heared our name to come to window 6. all dv applicants interviewed before us were given admin processing. this scared me eventhough i did not show it and told my husband that admin processing and refusal are not our portion. our portion is a pick-up ticket so he should not worry.

our interview was more of a conversation. our 10month old son who was with my husband did so well in distracting the co's attention and it went like this:

co: goodmorning
us: goodmorning
co: are u two married?
co: could you pls place you right index finger on the machine
me: did
co: pls sign your documents and one of you shd sign for your son
us: did
co: do u promise to tell the truth and that all your documents are geniun?
co: how long have you been married:
us: married since...................
co: is this your son?
co: and is he your first and only son?

all this while our son was trying to pick up the finger print machine infront of us and the co was smiling and looking at him whilst typing

co: do you have any pictures you've taken together with your son?
us: brought out our wedding album but he was not interested in that one so we gave him a small album which contained all pics with our son which he went through. upon seeing our graduation picture my husband and i took together on our graduation day, he asked:

co: did you two attend the same university?
us: yes we did
co: when did you graduate?
us: .....................
co: sir, u stated u qualify through education?
hus: yes
co: you have waec and degree
hus: yes i do
co: what do you do?
hus: ........................
co: what investment do u sell?
hus.....................
co: where do you work? here he mentioned it himself because he saw a small company tag on my hasband.
hus: .................

here our son's shoe came of which i took and gave it to him to play with and leave the man's machine alone. he threw it towards the glass and i picked it up. the co said to him that u have a lot of energy and i said u can say that again. we all laughed over it.

co: give me a minute to print a slip for you.

here, my husband didn't hear him well and asked him what he said and he explained that he was going to give us admin processing but there is nothing for him to require further to give us that so he is giving us the pick up ticket for us to come on 14th May, 2010 to pick up our visas. we thanked him and said good bye.

House, the good Lord has done it for us and he shall surely do it for everyone. Just keep praying and he will make a way where there seem to be no way.

all thanks to everyone on this forum who made our interview a success especially alexee who always answered my questions.

House, in the haste of things, we forgot to request for the originals of our certificates. are they going to give them to us on the day we will be picking up our visas or what?

congrats sister... God bless

Abutay, thanks for your quick response. Well I don't understand why the embassy in Ghana puts everyone under administrative processing. Do they want to tell us that every Ghanaian applicant is dishonest and suspicious of committing a fraud? I think this accounted for a small percentage of Ghanaians being approved of the dv visa.

yeahhh. they usually put married couples on admin. processing... Ghana is noted for fake marriages

thank you all!

Abutay,

Congratulations. Remain bless.

yeahhh. they usually put married couples on admin. processing... Ghana is noted for fake marriages

That means those married couples having their interviews in August and September should rather forget about their obtaining the visa. This is sad though, considering the time, money and efforts put in by those applicants.

thank you all!

Hi Abutey,

I will also love to meet you. We have the same appointment time so we shall definitely see each other. When it's getting to the date i will PM you as to the attire i will wear for easy identification. Regard to your husband and the troublesome boy.

Hi ammeck09,

Hmm adm processing, i pray that no member of this family will be put under it. It's not easy at all. The anxiety which comes with it alone can pin you down. However if all your documents are okay, be assured that your visa will be issued.

That means those married couples having their interviews in August and September should rather forget about their obtaining the visa. This is sad though, considering the time, money and efforts put in by those applicants.

Hi ammeck09

Well let's hope that they doubled up by then, other than that, it's a course for concern.

Thanks to all for your advice. I have already started my preparation for my interview on the June 10, so I contacted my sponser over the weekend concerning my AOS and he said that his account is empty but he can process all the docs and everything for me without his bank statement. My people, I want to know if the bank statement is optional or I should look for another sponser to help me? I know God is in control.

CN 2010AF00042***

Was in the USA five years ago on a JI visa. I worked for two months but forgot to file my taxes.Could this be a ground for refusal?If so what do i do?I need help on this urgently.Could anyone be of help?
My second question: Is the visa lottery affected if a relative has filed an immigrant visa status for you?

Until you havent vowed anything you wont be in any problem..If have vowed anything then you have to pay the penalty before the interest goes more..........

Hi Abutey,

I will also love to meet you. We have the same appointment time so we shall definitely see each other. When it's getting to the date i will PM you as to the attire i will wear for easy identification. Regard to your husband and the troublesome boy.

I hope this meeting will be a memorable one considering both of you are going there for your visas.

Hi ammeck09,

Hmm adm processing, i pray that no member of this family will be put under it. It's not easy at all. The anxiety which comes with it alone can pin you down. However if all your documents are okay, be assured that your visa will be issued.

I'm being positive about my situation since all my documents are in order and genuine. I'm just praying that I get a good medical report and the rest will history in the name of the almighty God.

Thanks to all for your advice. I have already started my preparation for my interview on the June 10, so I contacted my sponser over the weekend concerning my AOS and he said that his account is empty but he can process all the docs and everything for me without his bank statement. My people, I want to know if the bank statement is optional or I should look for another sponser to help me? I know God is in control.

CN 2010AF00042***

Your sponsor doesn't need to send a bank statement. Let him get a letter from his empolyers on a business stationery showing the following details:
1. Date and nature of employment;
2. Salary paid; and
3. Whether the position is temporary or permament.

Add this letter to the form I-134 and send it to your interview.

Alternatively, if he can get his previous 3 years of either;
1. Copies of Tax Returns or
2. Transcripts of Tax Returns (he can get free copies of this by completing this form http://usgovinfo.about.com/gi/o.htm...&zu=http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf) and send it to the ''state' address provided on the form. Any of these can be added to the I-134 for your interview.