• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

ADVICE TO THOSE WHO INTEND USING OCCUPATION AS A BASIS OF QUALIFICATION FOR THE DV INTERVIEW

I met a man this morning who had a successful interview with his wife somewhere last month and as such was given a visa collection card. He said to his dismay, he was disqualified on the day he and his wife were so happy that they were going for their visa.
He claim he is a vocational studies teacher so he used his work as a basis of quailification. On the D-day, he said the consular officer told them that unfortunately his work as a vocational teacher does not qualify him so he was disqualified. Can you imagine being told to come for your visa and at the end of the day being disqualified? I pray that this does not happen to any member of this great thread.
MY ADVICE IS THAT IF YOU ARE NOT SURE OF YOUR OCCUPATION QUALIFYING YOU AND YOU HAVE THE EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION, PLEASE USE IT INSTEAD OF YOUR OCCUPATION.

Why is vocational teacher is not accepted? it is listed in O.NET system and is listed as job zone 4 (svp range 7-8)??

Hi atem, ammeck09 was right in saying that you should email KCC for the interview date. I am also current for June so I emailed KCC on the 13 April and the response was so fast. Find their response below for my interview date.

Thank you for your inquiry.

An interview for this case has been scheduled at the American Consulate/Embassy of Accra on June 10, 2010. A notification letter was sent to you on April 09, 2010. Please direct any further questions regarding the processing of your case to this embassy.

KCC Diversity Visa
Kentucky Consular Center/rch
Email: KCCDV@state.gov
Phone: (606) 526-7500

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540.

House, we need your prayers more than ever. I believe if He has done it for others He shall surely remember us. atem, have you email KCC?

CN 2010AF00042***

Congrats JKO, at least we know there is another Ghanaian on this thread who is going to have his/her interview in Accra-Ghana, and would be able to share his/her experience with us. You need to start preparation now since June is not far from now.

Hi forum members, i want to say thank you to all of you who contributes on this forum to help your fellow men. God will reward you all. You have been a great help to me. I had a successful interview today. it was very short and precise as God was with me and i had all my documents ready. I will certainly be making travel plans soon.,,
God bless
John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled,ye believe in God, believe also in Me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi forum members, i want to say thank you to all of you who contributes on this forum to help your fellow men. God will reward you all. You have been a great help to me. I had a successful interview today. it was very short and precise as God was with me and i had all my documents ready. I will certainly be making travel plans soon.,,
God bless

can u please tell us how ur interview went???

Alexee,

Don't think the airline information will help you..its summer time now so airline tickets across board are going up (typically happens over the summer).

One-way trips are usually expensive so try and get a round trip if possible ...most people take Delta (aka Ghetto airlines) lol...so if you wanna try with Delta, go to their head office in Accra...BA and Lufthansa are generally more expensive and as for Emirates dear, waste of time flying around the world..you will be tired by the time u get to the airport.

Another thing you can do is ask relatives/sponsor who lives abroad to check on online sites that will allow you to purchase tickets from flights that originate in Accra (need a foreign credit/debit card for this so sponsor can get it and u pay back later if the price is fairly cheap)---all airlines use e-tickets these days so u dont need to have the actual ticket to board the flight..only the E-Ticket number printed out.

However, not all travel sites online will allow you to purchase tickets that originate in Accra --- hope that helps

God bless

Please we would be very glad to hear your precise interview experience for the rest to get acquainted with. We will really appreciate it. Congrats.

To God Be The Glory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Alexee,

For airline ticket my brother it is quite expensive. I got my delta ticket Accra-New York-Raleigh Oneway at the cost of Gh ¢1700. The round trip was around Gh¢ 2300 or so. And this one was even students' visa. KLM was around Gh¢3000. So try Delta I think its good coming to America with.But it depends on the state u r going to. New York tickets are very cheap with delta.

Why is vocational teacher is not accepted? it is listed in O.NET system and is listed as job zone 4 (svp range 7-8)??

Hi besho,

I can't really tell that’s why i stated that if you are not sure of your occupation qualifying you, kindly use education. I also remember that on the day of my interview, one of the embassy staff who briefs us about the program advised those who are using job as a basis of qualification to check a list of jobs they have pasted on their notice board before using it. She further stresses that that mere fact that you say your occupation listed on the O.NET does not qualify you.

God bless

Hi edsane,

Congratulations but as every member is saying, kindly give us detail as to how it went.

Alexee,

Don't think the airline information will help you..its summer time now so airline tickets across board are going up (typically happens over the summer).

One-way trips are usually expensive so try and get a round trip if possible ...most people take Delta (aka Ghetto airlines) lol...so if you wanna try with Delta, go to their head office in Accra...BA and Lufthansa are generally more expensive and as for Emirates dear, waste of time flying around the world..you will be tired by the time u get to the airport.

Another thing you can do is ask relatives/sponsor who lives abroad to check on online sites that will allow you to purchase tickets from flights that originate in Accra (need a foreign credit/debit card for this so sponsor can get it and u pay back later if the price is fairly cheap)---all airlines use e-tickets these days so u dont need to have the actual ticket to board the flight..only the E-Ticket number printed out.

However, not all travel sites online will allow you to purchase tickets that originate in Accra --- hope that helps

Hi americanbound,

Thank you for the infor but why is delta airline called "getto airline"?

Hi Alexee,

For airline ticket my brother it is quite expensive. I got my delta ticket Accra-New York-Raleigh Oneway at the cost of Gh ¢1700. The round trip was around Gh¢ 2300 or so. And this one was even students' visa. KLM was around Gh¢3000. So try Delta I think its good coming to America with.But it depends on the state u r going to. New York tickets are very cheap with delta.

Hi computek09,

Thank you my brother. Indeed, the ticket is expensive.

God bless

edsane, please could you elaborate more on what happened during the interview date, i.e. from the morning of the interview day till the time your visa was approved?

Alexee,

Thanks for sharing this infor with us. For me, I will be flying from the UK where flight tickets cost far less than what is happening in Ghana.

Hi Alexee,

wow, these people are killing us. Gh¢1700, Gh¢2300 and Gh¢3000, man these fares are very expensive.

wow, these people are killing us. Gh¢1700, Gh¢2300 and Gh¢3000, man these fares are very expensive.
Maybe they think we Africans will do anything to travel overseas. So any amount will do. The Gh¢1700 I paid was even a student ticket which is far cheaper than any ordinary ticket though.

To God Be The Glory!!

Hi computek09,

Thank you my brother. Indeed, the ticket is expensive.

Guys,

why not try Qatar airways the 5 star airline, it is quite cheap and very very comfortable. In fact you will enjoy yourself all through the flight duration.

Successful Interview

Dear fellow forum members, pls. join me in giving thanks to Lord Almighty for a successful interview last wednesday and below is the full story of how it went:

we got to the embassy around 6.30am and the roundabout was full of people. my husband joined them 5mins to 7.00 in order to be infront of the queue. the security guards called them to form the queue around 7.00 and i joined them with our son who was asleep and were asked to enter 5mins later. we got to the interview hall and were asked to have a seat. the principal applicants were called to be briefed and given forms to fill, make payments, submit documents and then finally we were called to do the finger prints. we were asked to wait and we waited till 11.20am before we heared our name to come to window 6. all dv applicants interviewed before us were given admin processing. this scared me eventhough i did not show it and told my husband that admin processing and refusal are not our portion. our portion is a pick-up ticket so he should not worry.

our interview was more of a conversation. our 10month old son who was with my husband did so well in distracting the co's attention and it went like this:

co: goodmorning
us: goodmorning
co: are u two married?
us: yes
co: could you pls place you right index finger on the machine
me: did
co: pls sign your documents and one of you shd sign for your son
us: did
co: do u promise to tell the truth and that all your documents are geniun?
co: how long have you been married:
us: married since...................
co: is this your son?
co: and is he your first and only son?

all this while our son was trying to pick up the finger print machine infront of us and the co was smiling and looking at him whilst typing

co: do you have any pictures you've taken together with your son?
us: brought out our wedding album but he was not interested in that one so we gave him a small album which contained all pics with our son which he went through. upon seeing our graduation picture my husband and i took together on our graduation day, he asked:

co: did you two attend the same university?
us: yes we did
co: when did you graduate?
us: .....................
co: sir, u stated u qualify through education?
hus: yes
co: you have waec and degree
hus: yes i do
co: what do you do?
hus: ........................
co: what investment do u sell?
hus.....................
co: where do you work? here he mentioned it himself because he saw a small company tag on my hasband.
hus: .................

here our son's shoe came of which i took and gave it to him to play with and leave the man's machine alone. he threw it towards the glass and i picked it up. the co said to him that u have a lot of energy and i said u can say that again. we all laughed over it.

co: give me a minute to print a slip for you.

here, my husband didn't hear him well and asked him what he said and he explained that he was going to give us admin processing but there is nothing for him to require further to give us that so he is giving us the pick up ticket for us to come on 14th May, 2010 to pick up our visas. we thanked him and said good bye.

House, the good Lord has done it for us and he shall surely do it for everyone. Just keep praying and he will make a way where there seem to be no way.

all thanks to everyone on this forum who made our interview a success especially alexee who always answered my questions.

House, in the haste of things, we forgot to request for the originals of our certificates. are they going to give them to us on the day we will be picking up our visas or what?

CN: 2010AF00031***
NL dated : 21st of March 2009
NL received:16th May 2009
Returned forms: 30th July 2009
2nd NL received: 3rd March 2010
Started medicals: 10th March 2010
Medicals completed: 31st March 2010
Interview: 14th April 2010
Visa pick-up: 14th May 2010

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Abutay,

Thank you for sharing your expirence with us. For the originals of the certificates, mine was not given to me so i'm sure it will be given to us on the visa collection day. See you on the 14th of May at the embassy.
Congrats.

Successful Interview

Dear fellow forum members, pls. join me in giving thanks to Lord Almighty for a successful interview last wednesday and below is the full story of how it went:

we got to the embassy around 6.30am and the roundabout was full of people. my husband joined them 5mins to 7.00 in order to be infront of the queue. the security guards called them to form the queue around 7.00 and i joined them with our son who was asleep and were asked to enter 5mins later. we got to the interview hall and were asked to have a seat. the principal applicants were called to be briefed and given forms to fill, make payments, submit documents and then finally we were called to do the finger prints. we were asked to wait and we waited till 11.20am before we heared our name to come to window 6. all dv applicants interviewed before us were given admin processing. this scared me eventhough i did not show it and told my husband that admin processing and refusal are not our portion. our portion is a pick-up ticket so he should not worry.

our interview was more of a conversation. our 10month old son who was with my husband did so well in distracting the co's attention and it went like this:

co: goodmorning
us: goodmorning
co: are u two married?
co: could you pls place you right index finger on the machine
me: did
co: pls sign your documents and one of you shd sign for your son
us: did
co: do u promise to tell the truth and that all your documents are geniun?
co: how long have you been married:
us: married since...................
co: is this your son?
co: and is he your first and only son?

all this while our son was trying to pick up the finger print machine infront of us and the co was smiling and looking at him whilst typing

co: do you have any pictures you've taken together with your son?
us: brought out our wedding album but he was not interested in that one so we gave him a small album which contained all pics with our son which he went through. upon seeing our graduation picture my husband and i took together on our graduation day, he asked:

co: did you two attend the same university?
us: yes we did
co: when did you graduate?
us: .....................
co: sir, u stated u qualify through education?
hus: yes
co: you have waec and degree
hus: yes i do
co: what do you do?
hus: ........................
co: what investment do u sell?
hus.....................
co: where do you work? here he mentioned it himself because he saw a small company tag on my hasband.
hus: .................

here our son's shoe came of which i took and gave it to him to play with and leave the man's machine alone. he threw it towards the glass and i picked it up. the co said to him that u have a lot of energy and i said u can say that again. we all laughed over it.

co: give me a minute to print a slip for you.

here, my husband didn't hear him well and asked him what he said and he explained that he was going to give us admin processing but there is nothing for him to require further to give us that so he is giving us the pick up ticket for us to come on 14th May, 2010 to pick up our visas. we thanked him and said good bye.

House, the good Lord has done it for us and he shall surely do it for everyone. Just keep praying and he will make a way where there seem to be no way.

all thanks to everyone on this forum who made our interview a success especially alexee who always answered my questions.

House, in the haste of things, we forgot to request for the originals of our certificates. are they going to give them to us on the day we will be picking up our visas or what?

CN: 2010AF00031***
NL dated : 21st of March 2009
NL received:16th May 2009
Returned forms: 30th July 2009
2nd NL received: 3rd March 2010
Started medicals: 10th March 2010
Medicals completed: 31st March 2010
Interview: 14th April 2010
Visa pick-up: 14th May 2010

Congrats to you and your family, and let's give praise to the almighty. This is the kind of news we expect to hear from members of this forum. By the grace of God every member of the forum will come out victorious in their interviews.