• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Folks, Case No. Received!

Dear fellows friends,

I have just received my 1st NL from my sister and my case # is 2011AF00015XXX.

(1) I'm now asking the house when will I be current? I believe it must be this year.

(2) What should I do now? My problem is I submitted my forms just on the 3rd of August which fedEx confirmed delivery on the 6th.

Brothers & Sisters, what should I start doing now? Peace! Benniit

This is definately a good news, now that you know your CN you can then work around it. As suggested earlier, you should have had your interview before the end of the year but owing to the delay in submitting your forms to KCC (though not your fault), it could push your interview to early next year (January or February).

Ammeck09,Alexee357 and Benniit,thank you. I'm so happy to be part of this family and so please that GOD ALMIGHTY is the father of this family.Your God fearing attitude really won my heart to this forum.With God all things are possible and one thing is certain,those who put their trust in God shall never be ashame.Everyone in this house is a success.

Ammeck09 may God grant you and your family journey mercies.You are blessed and highly favoured in Jesus name.

Amen .........................

Sometime ago I posted something about my date of birth as:

My problem is, the date of birth on my Junior Secondary School Certificate is 12/12/79 and apart from that, all my academic documents bear 21/02/79. Can't the embassy check from WAEC? Or do I have to swear an affidavit and send it to the embassy? Won't it be like I've sent myself to the police station to be apprehended? Please advise me. Lord, have mercy. Peace! Benniit

Benniit.

My problem is, the date of birth on my Junior Secondary School Certificate is 12/12/79 and apart from that, all my academic documents bear 21/02/79. Can't the embassy check from WAEC? Or do I have to swear an affidavit and send it to the embassy? Won't it be like I've sent myself to the police station to be apprehended? Please advise me. Lord, have mercy. Peace! Benniit

Benniit.

Hi Benniit,

First let me congratulate you on the receipt of your 1st NL, you have a good CN and if the date you post your application forms does not affect your date of interview, be assured that you will have your interview before the end of this year.

On your 2nd issue, after my 2nd interview, i met a so-called DV lottery agent who claim one of his client was disqualify on the same issue as yours. In his case, he was successful in his first interview and was given a visa collection ticket only to be told on that day that there is a discrepancy in his date of birth @ WAEC and that on his date of birth. In short he was disqualified. Thank God that you have realised this early. Please run as fast as you can to swear the affidavits and attach it to that particular certificate. All the best.

Ammeck09,Alexee357 and Benniit,thank you. I'm so happy to be part of this family and so please that GOD ALMIGHTY is the father of this family.Your God fearing attitude really won my heart to this forum.With God all things are possible and one thing is certain,those who put their trust in God shall never be ashame.Everyone in this house is a success.

Ammeck09 may God grant you and your family journey mercies.You are blessed and highly favoured in Jesus name.

With him (God) all things are possible. Welcome on board once again.

On Benniit matter

Hi Benniit,

First let me congratulate you on the receipt of your 1st NL, you have a good CN and if the date you post your application forms does not affect your date of interview, be assured that you will have your interview before the end of this year.

On your 2nd issue, after my 2nd interview, i met a so-called DV lottery agent who claim one of his client was disqualify on the same issue as yours. In his case, he was successful in his first interview and was given a visa collection ticket only to be told on that day that there is a discrepancy in his date of birth @ WAEC and that on his date of birth. In short he was disqualified. Thank God that you have realised this early. Please run as fast as you can to swear the affidavits and attach it to that particular certificate. All the best.

if i may ask, are they requesting 4 junior school certificate? I tot wat they are interested in, is ur o'level. Cos i'm avin d same problem, in my o'level, the waec i'm combinin wit a neco result, has different DOB entirely, i sent somebody to waec 4 enquiry, they said they can currect it 4 me, but i'v nt gone there myself, i av a neco result i wrote in 2008 but i graduated in 2007, if i use dat one, it could cause me some problems.

Benniit.

I think if the date of birth issue concerns your O/L or SSSCE then I will recommend with the sworn affidavit. Sometimes bringing such issues to light can caused you greatly.

Whatever happens they will check your O/L or SSSCE results with those held by WAEC. I don't remember reading someones interview where they have been asked to submit Junior School Cert.

For I will rather not bring such issues up. I think what happened to the guy alexee described above was not about Jnr School Cert. To qualify for the dv lottery you need a minimum of 5 credits including English & Maths. This is what you need to show during your interview, and this is what is checked against WAEC records.

Hi Benniit,

Bennit
Alexee has said it all. I'm in a case although not similar to yours. My birth certificate was issued late and the embassy wanted me to produce secondary evidence i.e. prenatal records, or all school records from kindergatern which are difficult to get at this stage and age. What another lawyer friend of mine adviced me is to have my father swear an affidavit which he did and I sent to the embassy. So I think just as Alexee has adviced you please swear an affidavit. In addition you can have also have any of your parents swear an affidavit too.This is because your parents are familiar with the circumstances of your birth than any other personand therefore their statement will be the gospel truth.
Your case is straight forward and there shouldn't be any problem. Sometimes mistakes are made in our documents and we realise them late.
I wish you success.

I think if the date of birth issue concerns your O/L or SSSCE then I will recommend with the sworn affidavit. Sometimes bringing such issues to light can caused you greatly.

Whatever happens they will check your O/L or SSSCE results with those held by WAEC. I don't remember reading someones interview where they have been asked to submit Junior School Cert.

For I will rather not bring such issues up. I think what happened to the guy alexee described above was not about Jnr School Cert. To qualify for the dv lottery you need a minimum of 5 credits including English & Maths. This is what you need to show during your interview, and this is what is checked against WAEC records.

Ammeck and co.
The whole issue is before my entrance to sss, I remember our certificates were not ready, the4, we were given statement of results, I guess, to shs. I'm afraid, the same record was sent to sss, hence the dob issue. On the ssce, the dob is not indicated on it anyway. But these ppl can delve into it. That's why I'm thinking of the notarized affidavit attached to the ssce, and not the bece. Will that cause any harm? Peace! Benniit

Ammeck and co.
The whole issue is before my entrance to sss, I remember our certificates were not ready, the4, we were given statement of results, I guess, to shs. I'm afraid, the same record was sent to sss, hence the dob issue. On the ssce, the dob is not indicated on it anyway. But these ppl can delve into it. That's why I'm thinking of the notarized affidavit attached to the ssce, and not the bece. Will that cause any harm? Peace! Benniit

I thought you said you used the correct age at SSS. If the BECE date of birth was carried to SSS, then I advice you follow what the other guys has been saying. It's the documents that you produce to the consular officer which they check from WAEC for its authenticity, so if your date of birth WAEC holds for your SSSCE results is different from what you have declared to the embassy, then it's a problem that you need to find a solution.

Hi,
by the grace of God I and my wife have received our visas today
Praise be to God now and forevermore

Congrats, that's the will of the good Lord that you and your family are destined for success. We will all congregate at the US to offer our thanks to the almighty God.

Congrats, that's the will of the good Lord that you and your family are destined for success. We will all congregate at the US to offer our thanks to the almighty God.

hi
i have a little problem. i am workin in my uncle's company and when i discuss my intention to leave the company and move to US, he says no. i really want to move but i dont want to disobey my uncle. what do i do now? i need your advice

Enslavement???

hi
i have a little problem. i am workin in my uncle's company and when i discuss my intention to leave the company and move to US, he says no. i really want to move but i dont want to disobey my uncle. what do i do now? i need your advice

Hey, Yaro, are you saying your uncle wants you to stay in this HOT Africa with dust, irrisistible stench and unproductive toil after you've had your visa? May God forbid!
You should have had him arrested at the first place for obstruction to your success.

1)Was he the one who played the lottery for you? Lord have mercy!
2) when you were swearing before the CO, where was he? Even if he did all these things, that's not the case, my brother. After passing thru thick and thin and the Omnipotent has elevated you to be a benefit to your family & friends, he becomes a resistance and a stumbling block to your opportunity? No way!

How? Come on, bro! Think fast! It seems absurd, incoherent, slanderous and treacherous!!! To me, he does not want the best for you. I'm sorry for my strong words, but your uncle is not a provident one. Discuss it with any elderly person you know he has dignity for, preferably, his pastor, and all shall be well. Congratulations! Peace! Benniit.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi

Yaro

Congratulations on your successful interview and ultimate being granted Visa. This shows how great our God is.

As for your uncle I don't understand him. Man you have to go to the US.

hi

I think you have to give us the reasons why your uncle is objecting to your move. Is he going to be responsible for your traveling and living expenses while in the US? Is he going to bestow his company to you once you are capable of running it? Could you give us further information?

hi

You and only u knows whats best for u. if u are above 18.think of u n your uncle 50 years from today.must have your best interest at heart.

Facebook hookup

Fellow Ghanaian and others, I went to the Nigerian thread and found that one of them brought out a brilliant idea. That's since we're all friends aiming at a common goal, we need to know ourselves much better through the domineering and famous friendship network, facebook, to make much stronger friendships that continue to the States. If so, I publish my email ID as: prayingforyou20032000@yahoo.com to forumers.
Peace! Benniit.