• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

Yaso ur CN is quite high but u still av a chance, if u check in other thread, u'll see that those wit that range of CN got schedule 4 interview, just pray to God He is the one that makes all impossibilities possible. Gudluck

Thank you kennyeast i really appreciate your respond but plz keep me in ur prayers ... u guys r so nice ...

hi guys,i had my interview yesterday but i left the marriage photos at home and also my wife is not travelling with me.So the co says he wants evidence of marriage.a blue paper was issued to me which says i should appear in two weeks.please my interview experience wil be shared later.

Hi yasnificent,

What made your forget such a valuable evidence @ home? Anyway go put them togerther and please make sure you get it right the second time cos there is no time. Hope you understand. We are with you in prayers.

This is how my interview went.I arrived at the embassy at around 7:05am and there was a long queue.There were about 20 people ahead of me and finally i got inside.We were asked to sit down in a big hall.My name was called and i went to the window 2 then i was asked to pay the visa fee.After paying the fees,i went to sit down and i was called again for fingerprints.I sat down for about 50 minutes then i heard my name again but this time,it was the interview itself. Co...how do u do? me...answered Co...what is date of your marriage? me....answered Co....why is your wife not here? me...answer Co...what do u do? me....answer Co....what school do u attend? me...answer Co...what is the course u offer? me...answered. that was the end of the interview and the blue paper was issue to me to come in two weeks because of insufficent documents.GOD WILL MAKE A WAY.

This is how my interview went.I arrived at the embassy at around 7:05am and there was a long queue.There were about 20 people ahead of me and finally i got inside.We were asked to sit down in a big hall.My name was called and i went to the window 2 then i was asked to pay the visa fee.After paying the fees,i went to sit down and i was called again for fingerprints.I sat down for about 50 minutes then i heard my name again but this time,it was the interview itself. Co...how do u do? me...answered Co...what is date of your marriage? me....answered Co....why is your wife not here? me...answer Co...what do u do? me....answer Co....what school do u attend? me...answer Co...what is the course u offer? me...answered. that was the end of the interview and the blue paper was issue to me to come in two weeks because of insufficent documents.GOD WILL MAKE A WAY.

Congratulations man but as i indicated earlier, gather all the necessary evidence and you will be okay.

Congratulations, yasnificent! Our God is alive! Glory be to His name. Benniit

The date is 5th August 2010 i arrive at the Nairobi Consulate at 6.30 Am.....I think am so early till i find this long Queue of almost 20 people security check as usual they take our phones and give us tags......So im in quite alot of people in the waiting area outside mostly Non-Immigrants.....I wait until my name is called to window 4 wea they take my medical report..Birth Cert..Passport and High School cert...i wasnt surprised they dint ask for my Degree and other Professional Courses that i had indicated in the forms that i sent to KCC nway i meet some guys wi wa with at Medicalz ...plus start conversations with other DV-Winnerz at this point am aslo abl to observe other Non-Immigrats interviews and its really hectic for them saw almost like 13 denialz for Non-Immigrats...So After paying 819 dollars I get my Receipt and take my forms to window 9 wea i also take my fingerprints and then wait for my name to be called....There was a DV-winner who had filled the online form as single but he was maried....he went through alot of proccesses and eventually told to come with photos and some other envidence of their marriage with the wife.....apart from that all Dv-Applicants up to the time i was interviewd got theirz .....so im called to window 10...

CO: Good morning
Me: Morning to you Sir....
CO: Wea are you going
Me: Answered
CO: What are you going to do?
Me: Study and work
CO: What you goin to study
Me:Masters in IT
CO:good....Come for you visa on 11th of August @3pm
Me: At this point dont know wea this comes from but i ask.....why cant you give mi right away?(im smiling)
Co: eehhh we have to counter check all the documents and prepare your visa this is normal
Me:Ok thank you
On my way out i change my 1 dollar balance from the 819(I had 820)....which i use to buy a cold fresh fruit juice outside.....
Its really izy for dv-winnerz.....So today i picked my visa @3pm plus the yellow envelope.......Glory be to God this has been a long wait

congrats, meet you in America.

Hello guys i'm yaso a sudanese dv2011 winner with a very high case no which is 2011AF00073XXX, do you guys think i will make it and have the 2nd letter sent to me or should i forget the whole thing about this dvlottery thing ? i'm really confused, worried and stressed ... i appreciate your responds. and congrats to all the winners and good luck to everybody with their interviews and hopefully everybody will be current before this program ends :) Thanks

~~~~ YASO ~~~~~

Africa has been current in 2009 & 2010, therefore you have a big chance to get an interview next year, probably in September.

You will be fine, just get the necessary evidence and be prepared to defend and answer any question about your marrige. I hope you will be smilling in 2 weeks time.

Hello guys i'm yaso a sudanese dv2011 winner with a very high case no which is 2011AF00073XXX, do you guys think i will make it and have the 2nd letter sent to me or should i forget the whole thing about this dvlottery thing ? i'm really confused, worried and stressed ... i appreciate your responds. and congrats to all the winners and good luck to everybody with their interviews and hopefully everybody will be current before this program ends :) Thanks

~~~~ YASO ~~~~~
Hi Yaso, mine is 2010AF73XXX, from Kenya.I entered the Lottery in Nov 2008,notified of win june 2009 and had the same feeling as you have.It has been a long wait but worthwhile coz my interview is on 7th Sept 2010.This means that you could even get married if you are single and have a first born by the time of your interview next year around Sept...only bear in mind you would have to pay visa fee per head even the tot.

Hi Yaso, mine is 2010AF73XXX, from Kenya.I entered the Lottery in Nov 2008,notified of win june 2009 and had the same feeling as you have.It has been a long wait but worthwhile coz my interview is on 7th Sept 2010.This means that you could even get married if you are single and have a first born by the time of your interview next year around Sept...only bear in mind you would have to pay visa fee per head even the tot.

Thank you sheyo :) hahaha marriage is not any of my plans right now :) good luck with ur interview on september imma keep u in my prayers ... God bless

My new sponsor is sending me the AOS but instead posting it, he is planning to scan it and send through email. Would it be accepted? What other documents should he add to the AOS?

My new sponsor is sending me the AOS but instead posting it, he is planning to scan it and send through email. Would it be accepted? What other documents should he add to the AOS?

Hi, your sponsor can send the affidavit of support to you through the regular mail, email attachment, or by fax. Any of these will be accepted by the embassy.

Documents to accompany the affidavit of support are 3 years' federal tax returns/tax transcript and W-2 and or 1099’s but there are other ways as well.

Please, make sure you go with the documents listed on the sheet given to you. Also if these are not listed try and include them - your marriage certificate, marriage pictures and pictures of you and your wife before marriage, and your wife's birth certificate.

Hi, your sponsor can send the affidavit of support to you through the regular mail, email attachment, or by fax. Any of these will be accepted by the embassy.

Documents to accompany the affidavit of support are 3 years' federal tax returns/tax transcript and W-2 and or 1099’s but there are other ways as well.

Thank you Ammeck09. God bless you