• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2010 Winners from Ghana

I got ma first job appointment today. And I had to go through a lot of procedures like interviews, drug screening, and signing of lots of forms.
Finally I was given a morning shift and to start on Monday 12 April. Though I dont really know the nature of the work, I am hopeful the good Lord that I started this journey with will surely see me through this work. And to all of you guys that have been supporting me in prayers, I say a big THANK YOU for your support and prayer. I still need your support for a good start.

I dont knw the nature of the work but will share ma first experience after monday.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

congratsss brother.

I got ma first job appointment today. And I had to go through a lot of procedures like interviews, drug screening, and signing of lots of forms.
Finally I was given a morning shift and to start on Monday 12 April. Though I dont really know the nature of the work, I am hopeful the good Lord that I started this journey with will surely see me through this work. And to all of you guys that have been supporting me in prayers, I say a big THANK YOU for your support and prayer. I still need your support for a good start.

I dont knw the nature of the work but will share ma first experience after monday.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great Job Computek! Now you will see how these American people will work you papa...:)

Hopefully the job will go as planned...after all, you can always quit and find another job or work at multiple places (as many as you can handle )

I hear NC is a nice place...may the people interviewing in Ghana also get their visas so we can enjoy in this coooooold America together :)

Chale I dey...I just went to get my driver's license in New York...was not easy craa..parallel parking, forward parking, dis, dat...gimme the license ebey! :)

I have 5 interviews set up for next week...all at tech firms (since I have a tech degree) so just preparing for the interviews which is why I have been missing in action.

The weather for here be too basaaa..one day e be hot like something...next day..cold paa...what kind weather dis?

Plenty chicks over here ooo so for the single guys, you will enjoy papa! however, if you are married, sorry ooh...you have to stay at home and focus! :)

The job market is picking up and there is a nice Ghanaian restaurant in the Bronx...so I am still eating my fufu and lightsoup on the regular...with the goat meat :)

Good to know that there are some interview awaiting you and more to the fact that you are enjoying the local food over there. Wish you well in your job search and in all your endeavours.

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JUNE

For June, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA................................................45,600

Except:
Egypt:..................................................24,200
Ethiopia:..............................................25,100
Nigeria:...............................................17,500
ASIA...................................................19,550
EUROPE...............................................31,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)............................4
OCEANIA...............................................1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN..........1,300

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Job Computek! Now you will see how these American people will work you papa...:)

Hopefully the job will go as planned...after all, you can always quit and find another job or work at multiple places (as many as you can handle )

I hear NC is a nice place...may the people interviewing in Ghana also get their visas so we can enjoy in this coooooold America together :)

America bound,
Happy to hear your awaiting interviews, u will def. get the best out of them. I am really prepared for whatever. I knw the work is never going to be easy, but so long as it pays well I will handle it after all paycheck will be ready after Friday// n nothing is sweeter than PAY DAY.....

NC is a very nice place because of the weather, its just like Ghana, always sunshine. I wear my Ghana dresses here n I go easy. No bad weather Wahala. My job title is Facility Maintenance and 40 hrs a week. So hopefully is gonna be a good start.....

To God Be The Glory!!!!!!!

Thank you ma brother, I think u really assured me of work. And God has done it. I assure u that u r also coming to America soon. Brace yourself.

To God Be The Glory!!!!

I claim it in Jesus name -- Amen.

Take care of yourself.

One love.

America bound,
Happy to hear your awaiting interviews, u will def. get the best out of them. I am really prepared for whatever. I knw the work is never going to be easy, but so long as it pays well I will handle it after all paycheck will be ready after Friday// n nothing is sweeter than PAY DAY.....

NC is a very nice place because of the weather, its just like Ghana, always sunshine. I wear my Ghana dresses here n I go easy. No bad weather Wahala. My job title is Facility Maintenance and 40 hrs a week. So hopefully is gonna be a good start.....

To God Be The Glory!!!!!!!

I'm happy for you and hope you will continue to inform us of the job situation in the US.

Hi alexee357, we are still counting the days - 3 days more to take what really belongs to you. We will be shouting, singing and praising our Lord for the wonderful things He has done in our lives.

Hi ammeck09,

I remember when i was told to come back on the 12th of April after my first interview, I was so disturb cos i taught i will never come but by the grace of God, i have one day to go. May the favor of the good God shine upon us tomorrow.

Hi ammeck09,

I remember when i was told to come back on the 12th of April after my first interview, I was so disturb cos i taught i will never come but by the grace of God, i have one day to go. May the favor of the good God shine upon us tomorrow.

Yeah, we are all with you in prayers and come tomorrow we will be celebrating your success.

Alexee,
Dont worry about tomorrow. The race is not for the swift. God has already answered your prayer. Please before u move to the window, don't forget to utter silently ' TO GOD BE THE GLORY', n victory shall be yours in the name of the Good Lord.....You are a winner.................

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK
CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN JUNE

For June, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2010 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA................................................45,600

Except:
Egypt:..................................................24,200
Ethiopia:..............................................25,100
Nigeria:...............................................17,500
ASIA...................................................19,550
EUROPE...............................................31,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)............................4
OCEANIA...............................................1,175
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN..........1,300

Guys, what do you think about the current visa bulletin? It seems we have been silent about it this month. Is't because most of us on this thread are already current or is there any other reason(s)?

Hi alexee357, the D-day is here at last - go and pick the visa and come here later with your testimonies. The visa has been already sticked into your passport and they are waiting patiently for you to come and pick it.

Looking at your CN, you will most likely be current in June - so you shouldn't be worried at all. Those with CN of 70xxx and over are still hopeful to be current?

ammecko i am finally current for June like you rightly predicted the other time, i am so happy for my self and to all the others who are current. Can i go ahead and email KCC for my appointment date before i receive the 2nd NL? or should i waite abit. Thanks very much every body in this great forum.

Guys, what do you think about the current visa bulletin? It seems we have been silent about it this month. Is't because most of us on this thread are already current or is there any other reason(s)?

yes... almost everyone on this forum is current except me and that is why no attention is been paid to this month's bulletin

not gotten my second letter

i sent my reply to KCC last year june but as until now i have not received my second letter. my case no. is 2010AF0006363XXX. When do u think i can expect my interview date. Guys please tell me something am going nuts.

i also got married in March b4 i received my nl and i have added my husband details to the document. hope i have a good chance of getting my visa.

how would the US Embassy check with AMA if you truly got married. cause i want to check but am told they do not give such info out. pleas help cos i want to know if all is well b4 i go for my interview

i sent my reply to KCC last year june but as until now i have not received my second letter. my case no. is 2010AF0006363XXX. When do u think i can expect my interview date. Guys please tell me something am going nuts.

i also got married in March b4 i received my nl and i have added my husband details to the document. hope i have a good chance of getting my visa.

ur Case Num is incorrect, but if its 63xxx, then u still have to wait till august or sept for ur interview... just keep on praying

ammecko i am finally current for June like you rightly predicted the other time, i am so happy for my self and to all the others who are current. Can i go ahead and email KCC for my appointment date before i receive the 2nd NL? or should i waite abit. Thanks very much every body in this great forum.

Yes, do that asap. Once interview appointment has been scheduled for you they will send you the date.