• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

To Add to what I wrote, I also work, and KCC would not verify anything from your office. Ur WAEC alone should get u to the states. I have my visa( wife n I) have got my ticket, but I am still typing from my office. They dont have any idea I am leaving them. Just applied for my annual leave. Would resign when I get to the states by Gods grace! Good luck!

@jed-i, Thanks for the info. I really appreciate. U are a live saver.

Ajaylagos,
am also comin 2 chicago.Pls hw did u fly?I wil bcomin wt my wife n my 10mnths old baby.Pls i need info on cheap airlines.Thank u

Hi Hannat,

Congratulations for a successful final interview.

Reply also sent to your message box.

I flew with Turkish Airline. It's much more cheaper than Delta Airline, KLM, Brithish Airways and other European airlines.

Aside from being economical, the service on board was also very o.k so I can recommend it to anyone.

I didn't use any traveling agent, I did the booking myself and anybody can do the same. Their main office is at Plot 1, Wing B, South Atlantic Petroleum Towers, 2nd floor, Adeola Odeku Street, V.Island. Tel : 01-2772230-31-32. Call any of the three numbers and ask for the price. let them know you have a child the fare will be different. You can also book at their office at the Murtalla Int'l airport from 6p.m.

It was about 6hrs from Lagos to Istanbul, the capital of Turkey and a very long 11 hrs flight from Turkey to Chicago. But it was interesting with food, drinks , movies and music to your self.

My final destination was Atlanta, Georgia so I paid N200,811. Turkish Airlines don't go to Atlanta, so I boarded a United Airlines plane from Chicago to Atlanta, but all included in d amount I paid in 9ja, not that I paid another, I had my tickets already from 9ja. You will pay less if you are stopping at Chicago.

Congrats man, One love.

Great Forum ! Great...It has actually been a long time...I came to this great forum...Some how I have been busy trying to arrange my family...By his grace we are doing well...March this year will clock 1 year of our staying in America and God has added to my family another baby...To God be the Glory...God should be your foundation when its rough and when its well wit you. Do not let America swallow you, rather swallow America so that you can vomit it right in Nigeria...you home land. Many are call but few are chosen...My prayers for all of us who has finally made to the God owns country...You are already seeing the stories..how difference it is. Invest your time to study mostly in the manufacturing industries those of you who are technically inclined, those of u who are in the medical field do something that will place you in the proper position...In fact think fast just as the day are counting....

Finally, take advantage of the opportunities.."suffer before pleasure" and "Tortoise movement Formula" is my slogan...though I will suffer now but later I will eat the fruit of the Land...and Even if it delays I will surely reach my destination....Take Note...Remember how we prayed before we embark on this journey...Now we are here..What is your mission, what is your vision? Remember, Not all that started the race end it successfully but those who maintained the track...so the end justify the means....A day , week, month,year will count and tell on our lives in America...Kindly update and evaluate your day to day activities in America and do not engage in activities that will land you in the Land of No return...Remember you left so many behind in Nigeria who are hoping on you..Do not be a shame to yourself, your family, your town, mostly your country Nigeria..AMERICA WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU WISH TO BE...

I am happy to be here today..I am doing well, My wife is doing well, My son just clock 2yrs and he is doing well, and Now God has added another Baby Girl and she is doing pretty well too...What is our Aim? Its to take advantage of the western education within a short time...

Its a mission, Its a journey that its only God knows the end from the beginning...Make God the most priority in your life..Life has no duplicate...No second chance of this kind.

If you are waiting for 2011 DVLottery or on the process for the interview..I and my humble family has decided and will continue to pray for you. God will do it as he did it for us in Jesus Name Amen.

Conclusively, If you have any difficulty of any kind inbox via my email....taaboom@aol.com..
God bless you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation about your new baby... and thanks for being a good ambassador of this forum... Stay Blessed

Great Forum ! Great...It has actually been a long time...I came to this great forum...Some how I have been busy trying to arrange my family...By his grace we are doing well...March this year will clock 1 year of our staying in America and God has added to my family another baby...To God be the Glory...God should be your foundation when its rough and when its well wit you. Do not let America swallow you, rather swallow America so that you can vomit it right in Nigeria...you home land. Many are call but few are chosen...My prayers for all of us who has finally made to the God owns country...You are already seeing the stories..how difference it is. Invest your time to study mostly in the manufacturing industries those of you who are technically inclined, those of u who are in the medical field do something that will place you in the proper position...In fact think fast just as the day are counting....

Finally, take advantage of the opportunities.."suffer before pleasure" and "Tortoise movement Formula" is my slogan...though I will suffer now but later I will eat the fruit of the Land...and Even if it delays I will surely reach my destination....Take Note...Remember how we prayed before we embark on this journey...Now we are here..What is your mission, what is your vision? Remember, Not all that started the race end it successfully but those who maintained the track...so the end justify the means....A day , week, month,year will count and tell on our lives in America...Kindly update and evaluate your day to day activities in America and do not engage in activities that will land you in the Land of No return...Remember you left so many behind in Nigeria who are hoping on you..Do not be a shame to yourself, your family, your town, mostly your country Nigeria..AMERICA WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU WISH TO BE...

I am happy to be here today..I am doing well, My wife is doing well, My son just clock 2yrs and he is doing well, and Now God has added another Baby Girl and she is doing pretty well too...What is our Aim? Its to take advantage of the western education within a short time...

Its a mission, Its a journey that its only God knows the end from the beginning...Make God the most priority in your life..Life has no duplicate...No second chance of this kind.

If you are waiting for 2011 DVLottery or on the process for the interview..I and my humble family has decided and will continue to pray for you. God will do it as he did it for us in Jesus Name Amen.

Conclusively, If you have any difficulty of any kind inbox via my email....taaboom@aol.com..
God bless you all.

u need a police report from both countries... but most important the canada police report....
Hi all,
couple of questions.
Scenario:
Winner of DV lottery was in the USA, 2003-2006 as MALE F1 student. While there, got married to US citizen and they had a Child (US Citizen). Marriage didn't work, divorced (Got divorce documents). He withdrew application to change/adjust status from F1 to PR filed for him by EX-wife before any interviews. USCIS acknowledged withdrawal of this application. Student was on status and in good standing with immigration 2003-2006. Student left USA 2006, went to Canada. Now re-married, with 2 year old child(Canada Citizen). Student is a PR of Canada now and is back to University in Canada for MSC, Engineering.
Student entered DV lottery as married, details of wife and child (Canada) provided in initial entry and subsequent forms to KCC.

Questions:

1. Does this student need a police CERT from the USA? Lived there for more than 6 months but is it neccessary? Police certs from Canada and Country of birth will be got. Only 3 countries DV winner has lived in.
2. Any advice regarding any potential problems for this winner? Any one had a similar experience or read a similar experience here?

Just trying to cover all bases...many thanks.

hmm
to be honest with u, u have a very high number and it MAY NOT get to u before the fiscal year end by sept but if ur friend said that they will send ur 2nd notification letter by feb 15th, wait till then... they is not point in u calling KCC cos ur number is high. I will advice u to start contacting KCC whenever u received ur 2nd letter.

good luck
Hello guys and Happy New year 2 all, today i got a very confusing call from a friend of mine in USA (he is 1 who applied for me) well he told me that he called KCC regarding my case and they told him that they will send my 2NL on feb,15th which i find very strange cuz my case no as u can see on my signature is 73K plus,,, ryt now im so confused i don't know whether i should be happy or worried,,, i need your help guys to tell me if any of u heard or had same situation like mine thank you and wish u all best of luck ...

YASO.... i will advice u to tell ur friend to keep contacting KCC on ur behalf... KCC cant be confused once they have all the details they needed to give ur friend the info, u guys want.

@ovicity and @KENNYEAST
Thank you again guys but i decided not to call kcc or even contact them at all i will just wait for the 2NL whenever it comes and i will contact my friend in US to stop contacting them to avoid confusing KCC ... thanks again

it all depends but a baby that can sit, u will have to pay for them but not the same amount with adult
@ hannat, CONGRATULATIONS to u and ur family as u move to Obama Country. May the Favour of God rest upon u. Sorry If i may ask, Do baby's also pay for flight ticket?

@ mosestaaboo

Wow! U'v really spoken like a friend and a brother, thanks 4 the wonderful advice, i really appreciate it. May God continue to bless u and ur family wit gr8 fruits in Jesus name. Amen.

Conclusively, If you have any difficulty of any kind inbox via my email....taaboom@aol
.com..
God bless you all.

My brother thank you so much for these soothing words.Who nor go no go understand the struggle.God bless you.

My brother thank you so much for these soothing words.Who nor go no go understand the struggle.God bless you.

God has destined everyone in this forum for success. Whether the economy in America is bad or good, I bliv God will still make way for His children to succeed. In the midst of every storm, there's always a breakthru and a testimony to give. The God who took them there will surely provide for them. If u look at the whole thing, its not about urself, but about ur wife and your children. Atleast they will all have sound education even more than wat u got and hope for the future. We dont know where this world is going, but we know where we are going. Cheers to everyone who won and more blessings to u.

God has destined everyone in this forum for success. Whether the economy in America is bad or good, I bliv God will still make way for His children to succeed. In the midst of every storm, there's always a breakthru and a testimony to give. The God who took them there will surely provide for them. If u look at the whole thing, its not about urself, but about ur wife and your children. Atleast they will all have sound education even more than wat u got and hope for the future. We dont know where this world is going, but we know where we are going. Cheers to everyone who won and more blessings to u.

Yes u right.It is a good life for anyone who understands the reason he is over here and especially for the young folks whose age is on his side to undertake alot of studies and better his life.But the thing is that many people leave home with high expectations but the story back home is not actually what it is.That is why we who are over here when we give you information it is not to deter you from crossing over but rather you should see it as an instrument to enable one prepare and set up goals for themselves and not languish in the obsession of the American dream.Nobody will come up here and tell you it is easy.What we need is to encourage each other in the struggle and not despair.That was exactly was Moses did which I acknowledged and appreciated.One thing we must understand is that suffering has no end in America without education.I have seen people here in their 70s they are still working.That is an age of rest back home.

God bless you all.

My Brother thanks a lot for your words of wisdom, Pls for us yet to immigrate, what benefits, grants, etc can one quickly tap into once one arrives? Kindly intimate us!

Regards.

I need some advices:
My wife is pregnant and expecting to give birth somewhere in september according to her Ob-gyn(doctor). We have to wait at least 2 months to receive an official birth certificate of the child and afterward we ll fill for his/her canadian passport which might take at least 4 weeks to be established. To sum up my child will receive his own passport after 3 months (that is how things go here in Canada).

The problem is that: According to previous experiences and based on our high case # our interview at the embassy should be held around september as well in Montreal, and my child wont have neither his birth certicate nor his passport !
I really anxious about this issue , dont know what to do and how the embassy will handle my case ?
I am planning to inform KCC about my wife pregnancy in the upcoming months.

Please any advice will be welcome...........................

Please i need help

I'm a citizen of Nigeria but further my study to learn languages in abroad. In May 2010, My fiancée received a NL for the Dv 2010, but our weeding day has already fixed to December 18th 2010 even before she submitted the lottery form in 2009. but then man propose but God disposed. she sent an e-mail to Kcc to notify them about the issue then but they said that she can not add me then because we are not yet married. we filled her form and sent back to KCC in August 2010 as a single entry for my wife. By the grace of God we achieved our weeding plan at the stipulated time in December, we go ahead for the update of status by filling out all the required forms and send back to KCC on the 6th jan 2011. After that i received an urgent call, to come back to school so i left on the 15th jan 2011. On the 21st Jan 2011 my wife received the 2nd NL and the interview was scheduled to 2nd feb 2011.

My problem are:

1) I call the KCC today 26th jan 2011 and they told me that they are not yet receive the update forms and the interview date is 2nd feb 2011 so we have 7 days left for the interview.

2) I have some important to do in school which i can not make it to Nigeria for the interview because the date is too near for me.

3) She is just about to get her passport but my fear is that, if she get it on my name it can contradict with the name on the file with the KCC on the date of interview because of that we decided that she go for the interview alone since they are not yet receive the update form we sent to them on 6th jan 2011 as the update for the change of status.

4) Please help me i want to know if she will not have any problem by going for interview alone because her status is not yet receive by KCC.

Please kindly help me by contributing your experience and ideal to solve my problem. Thanks so much, God Bless u.

hello,please forumites, i need a contact at Abuja for my Passport.please help i have been resheduled for another interview on 1st february cos my documents are not complete.hope to hear from you.

Thanks be to God, I have made the Change in DOB on my passport; all my documents are in order now, though it was a long shot, but it was worth it! So I am headed to Lagos for Medicals and police r