• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

I need some advices:
My wife is pregnant and expecting to give birth somewhere in september according to her Ob-gyn(doctor). We have to wait at least 2 months to receive an official birth certificate of the child and afterward we ll fill for his/her canadian passport which might take at least 4 weeks to be established. To sum up my child will receive his own passport after 3 months (that is how things go here in Canada).

The problem is that: According to previous experiences and based on our high case # our interview at the embassy should be held around september as well in Montreal, and my child wont have neither his birth certicate nor his passport !
I really anxious about this issue , dont know what to do and how the embassy will handle my case ?
I am planning to inform KCC about my wife pregnancy in the upcoming months.

Please any advice will be welcome...........................

inform kcc about.If she delivers before that time you can take a letter from the hospital explaining the delay of the certificate.Atleast anybody who sees a child less than two months should be able to tell.Moreover,I believe the consulars should be conversant with the birth certificate rule there.All the same you never can tell if your wife will deliver at that time since u don't have your interview date yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a citizen of Nigeria but further my study to learn languages in abroad. In May 2010, My fiancée received a NL for the Dv 2010, but our weeding day has already fixed to December 18th 2010 even before she submitted the lottery form in 2009. but then man propose but God disposed. she sent an e-mail to Kcc to notify them about the issue then but they said that she can not add me then because we are not yet married. we filled her form and sent back to KCC in August 2010 as a single entry for my wife. By the grace of God we achieved our weeding plan at the stipulated time in December, we go ahead for the update of status by filling out all the required forms and send back to KCC on the 6th jan 2011. After that i received an urgent call, to come back to school so i left on the 15th jan 2011. On the 21st Jan 2011 my wife received the 2nd NL and the interview was scheduled to 2nd feb 2011.

My problem are:

1) I call the KCC today 26th jan 2011 and they told me that they are not yet receive the update forms and the interview date is 2nd feb 2011 so we have 7 days left for the interview.

2) I have some important to do in school which i can not make it to Nigeria for the interview because the date is too near for me.

3) She is just about to get her passport but my fear is that, if she get it on my name it can contradict with the name on the file with the KCC on the date of interview because of that we decided that she go for the interview alone since they are not yet receive the update form we sent to them on 6th jan 2011 as the update for the change of status.

4) Please help me i want to know if she will not have any problem by going for interview alone because her status is not yet receive by KCC.

Please kindly help me by contributing your experience and ideal to solve my problem. Thanks so much, God Bless u.

she should maintain her maiden name on the passport.I don't see her having issues by going as single but then you will have to wait 5years bro before you can join her here.

inform kcc about.If she delivers before that time you can take a letter from the hospital explaining the delay of the certificate.Atleast anybody who sees a child less than two months should be able to tell.Moreover,I believe the consulars should be conversant with the birth certificate rule there.All the same you never can tell if your wife will deliver at that time since u don't have your interview date yet.

thanks a lot for your advice............

God naa elele...interview experience

Hello everyone,good mrng, I pray that the miracle God did for me and my wife, He will also do for u.
I had my interview on Tuesday 25th January, and God just took over, in such a way that till now, I still feel like waking up from my dreams..pls read my story and let it chnage your faith: I got married somtimes in 2009, and I decided I wish my wife could go amd give birth in america, so we decided to wait, take time to plan how we can get an american visa before we even start trying to get pregnant, we both applied to ireland for a visa to go on honey moon after our wedding, the visa was denied, after the weddding, we re applied, the visa was denied again... I just told my wife I won't apply anywhere again, we went to switzerland embassy to apply, they wouldn even take our forms, so I got tired and I decided not to apply again, all this while we still haven't tried to get her pregnant, she got tired as a woman and said she just want to get pregnant by all means,so early 2010 she got pregnant 6months after our wedding, she was happy but within me , I said I still want my kids to be americans, so I got in touch with a friend in america, an old skool friend, my friends ex-girlfriend, and I told her if she can help me get a letter of invitation for my alone this time, cos my wife has visas on her passport before all this time, so I guess its my bad luck that was giving her that all the ireland refusals, before. My friend could get back to me, my wife was sent abroad again from her office for training, when she got back, she just applied for uk visa on her own and she was giving the visa.

In may 2011, my friend in america got back to me that her aunt was ready to send the invitation to us but for my wife alone, so I had to beg the aunty, called her severally and send several mail trying to convince her of what our intentions are and how much I need my wife to come to the usa for child birth, later the aunty sent me a mail back to give her my wifes details, so she could send the invitation letter in her name, so I got home and told my wife, she was happy, thinkin that with french visa and uk on her passport already, the invitation letters from usa will work, All this while, I never knew my PapaGod has a better plan, 3 days after my firends aunty email, we finished our prayers in the mrng as usual, and some one knocked the door, I opened and it was my landlord house girl, she said I got a letter yesterday, and she gave me, TO MY GREATEST SURPRISE IT WAS VISA LOTTERY WINNER NOTIFICATION.... People, I was madly happy, I have never won a lottery before , not even a free drink, my wife has won things before, so when we applied for visa lottery, I made sure she was always applying in places like jonathan king where the fee is like 1500, I did my own in one mall shop with 500 naira, people na me win the visa lottery oooooooooo, I bought america with just 500 naira...this GOD na my GOD, when I told the american aunty and my friend they were shocked and didn't blive , so I told the aunty no more invitation letter again, na affidavit of support I want now..."+"""lollllllllll

Now my interview experience: we got there around 5am for 7 o'clock interview, I couldn't sleep a day before and was just praisin God for the visa already, they called us in and we after all the paparazi we were waiting for our interview, then a guy called our no, and before then thesame guy refused a woman and her kid, but when thatsame guy called us, I was paranoid, we went andthe below transpired:
Co: sign ur forms,
Usaboy: we signed
Co: do ur thumprint
Usaboy:we did
Co: oh ur wife is heavy, pls madam ur husband is the principal winner go and have ur seat
Usaboy: my wife went to sit down with her heavy stomach
Co:where did u do u nyscand what did u do
Usaboy: answer
Co:was the project complete or not
Usaboy:answered
Co:what do u now
Co:when did u get married
Co: u mean 2008
Usaboy:no 09
Co:what's ur dob
Co: can ur wife still travel with dis stomach
Usaboy:yes
Co: ok wait, he went and said pick the visas next week
Usaboy: should I call my wife to come
Co: don't worry, I don't need to interview again
Usaboy:thank

People...my wife wasn't asked a single question apart from her thumprint and swearing, my interview was just 1minute 45seconds. That is how we became an american citizen in less than two minutes,no affidavit of support, no pictures, nothing atall.....God said I will go before u and make ur path straight, I'm taking over by favour.....my God na elele....I beg make una help mepraise GOD......

@ usaboy

Congrats my broda. Na only God fit do this kind thing. He make a way where there's none. The key are in your hands for your usachild. Gudluck and God bless!

Hello people,
Please i need answers to these questions urgently,

1- is it possible for me to change where i am going to in the USA asides what i wrote in my DS230 forms after collecting my visa, i mean where i am gonna stay, please advice and lemme know the pros and cons. i filled illinois i my forms for AOS purposes, but now i wanna go to oregon, should i just change it at the airport when i fill my forms or what do i do

2- please i need someone to help me with how i can get cheap airlines to oregon,
3- please, i need to take along foods stuffs, pls house lemme now what is allowed.

Thank you so much, thesame God is still alive and He will do it for all that are yet awaiting interview or awaiting winning..we are taking over by favour. thanx

Congratulations USABOY and others,

PRAISE GOD!!!

OUR GOD reigns forevermore and he will continue to reign in our lifes,AMEN.

For ALL of us still awaiting interviews,the good Lord will fill our mouth with laughter amen.

The Lord said he will what he has promised to do in our lifes,AMEN.

WE give God all the praises because he is the most worthy to be praised forevermore.

God is good all the time,AMEN!!!!!

I'm just being curious. It's abt my date of birth(DOB). My bro entered d lottery 4 me. Incase my bro entered wrong DOB, What will b d danger? But any time i communicated wif KCC, I gave my true DOB would KCC have notified me if my true DOB n d 1 my bro entered didn't match? So folks, if my bro entered wrong DOB, what will happen during my interview? Has any1 bn faced with dis issue b4, n how did it go?

Great Forum ! Great...It has actually been a long time...I came to this great forum...Some how I have been busy trying to arrange my family...By his grace we are doing well...March this year will clock 1 year of our staying in America and God has added to my family another baby...To God be the Glory...God should be your foundation when its rough and when its well wit you. Do not let America swallow you, rather swallow America so that you can vomit it right in Nigeria...you home land. Many are call but few are chosen...My prayers for all of us who has finally made to the God owns country...You are already seeing the stories..how difference it is. Invest your time to study mostly in the manufacturing industries those of you who are technically inclined, those of u who are in the medical field do something that will place you in the proper position...In fact think fast just as the day are counting....

Finally, take advantage of the opportunities.."suffer before pleasure" and "Tortoise movement Formula" is my slogan...though I will suffer now but later I will eat the fruit of the Land...and Even if it delays I will surely reach my destination....Take Note...Remember how we prayed before we embark on this journey...Now we are here..What is your mission, what is your vision? Remember, Not all that started the race end it successfully but those who maintained the track...so the end justify the means....A day , week, month,year will count and tell on our lives in America...Kindly update and evaluate your day to day activities in America and do not engage in activities that will land you in the Land of No return...Remember you left so many behind in Nigeria who are hoping on you..Do not be a shame to yourself, your family, your town, mostly your country Nigeria..AMERICA WILL MAKE YOU WHAT YOU WISH TO BE...

I am happy to be here today..I am doing well, My wife is doing well, My son just clock 2yrs and he is doing well, and Now God has added another Baby Girl and she is doing pretty well too...What is our Aim? Its to take advantage of the western education within a short time...

Its a mission, Its a journey that its only God knows the end from the beginning...Make God the most priority in your life..Life has no duplicate...No second chance of this kind.

If you are waiting for 2011 DVLottery or on the process for the interview..I and my humble family has decided and will continue to pray for you. God will do it as he did it for us in Jesus Name Amen.

Conclusively, If you have any difficulty of any kind inbox via my email....taaboom@aol.com..
God bless you all.

I'm happy for you brother. I wish you all the best in America. Kindly pray for us to join you guys soon. We will see at the Top!

Change In Point Of Entry.

Firstly,a big congrats to those who were successful in their interviews!
I would pls like to know d implication if I decide to land in another destination different from the one which is written on my brown envelope,which is to be given to the Immigration Officer.
For example,if I land in New York,whereas my final destination is New Jersey.
Pls house,enlighten me.
Thnks.

Please advise...

Hi forum mate, I have being following this thread for some time now and it has been of great help to me and my wife. We are one of the 2011 DV lucky winners and we have already gone for interview on the 16th December 2010, please I need your advice because after the interview on 16th the C.O told me and wife to come back on 30th with pictures when we are still courting to proof we are married. So we went back with it on 30th but the Nigeria man we met this time question us base on our marriage issues not even looking at the pictures they requested for and finally said we should go that they will contact us through trunk(phone). Please I really need your advice because we have not received any call from them since the 30th of December 2010. Thank you for your prompt replies.

Relax, they will call you anytime you don't expect , they usually calls in the midnight just make sure you are sleeping together always avoid unnecessary traveling if your address in your dsp 230 shows that you are working or living in the same place.they will call any of you and say please give phone to ur husband/wife just to confirm the ingenuity of your relationship.

so my pal, relax don't panic , the visa id yours. PEACE

Relax, they will call you anytime you don't expect , they usually calls in the midnight just make sure you are sleeping together always avoid unnecessary traveling if your address in your dsp 230 shows that you are working or living in the same place.they will call any of you and say please give phone to ur husband/wife just to confirm the ingenuity of your relationship.

so my pal, relax don't panic , the visa iS yours. PEACE