• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

Social Security Number Received - So fast

Hello house,

I'm glad to inform the house that the last me standing from the DV 2010 winners has finally entered the U.S. I got in Sunday the 2nd of Jan.

Joequi, Ayoblack, Ohis, Ddoon e.t.c already in the states, I'm glad to join you guys.

We shall all posess our possession by His grace.

Happy new year to you all.

One love.

Hi guys,

I entered the U.S on Sunday, Jan 2nd ( 5 days to my visa expiration date of Jan 7th), went to the Social Security Administration office the following day - monday, jan 3rd and my number arrived through the post on Saturday, Jan 8th.

I was expecting it in 2 weeks but it came in less than a week, that was interesting. I hope it's an indication that my green card will arrive earlier as well.

I wish you guys awaiting interview success and those planning to come a safe trip.

I will update you guys of further development.

One love.

Has anyone gone for interview with a traditional or customary marriage certificate(without a wedding)? Please let us know.

Has anyone gone for interview with a traditional or customary marriage certificate(without a wedding)? Please let us know.

@Ranaty2002, Pls note dat u are going to a western country where all they know is court. Pls make sure u go for ur court wedding at Ikoyi Registry. Making use of tradional or customary marriage certificate will only be a plus 4 u during the course of ur interview, but its not a neccessity. Make sure u go wit ur court marriage certificate. All the best bro.

@ovicity and @KENNYEAST
Thank you again guys but i decided not to call kcc or even contact them at all i will just wait for the 2NL whenever it comes and i will contact my friend in US to stop contacting them to avoid confusing KCC ... thanks again

Hi guys,

I entered the U.S on Sunday, Jan 2nd ( 5 days to my visa expiration date of Jan 7th), went to the Social Security Administration office the following day - monday, jan 3rd and my number arrived through the post on Saturday, Jan 8th.

I was expecting it in 2 weeks but it came in less than a week, that was interesting. I hope it's an indication that my green card will arrive earlier as well.

I wish you guys awaiting interview success and those planning to come a safe trip.

I will update you guys of further development.

One love.

Ajaylagos,
am also comin 2 chicago.Pls hw did u fly?I wil bcomin wt my wife n my 10mnths old baby.Pls i need info on cheap airlines.Thank u

Boss you are not the last man standing.... i am, i am doing this reply in the united states.. i got in today 16th jan 2011. i am based in chicago suburbs Hollylane desplaines... wishing every body best of luck this new year.

Use Turkish Airlines...... its relatively cheap.. please dress warm when coming its pretty cold.. all the best fink u r the last man standing safe trip...
Ajaylagos,
am also comin 2 chicago.Pls hw did u fly?I wil bcomin wt my wife n my 10mnths old baby.Pls i need info on cheap airlines.Thank u

@ hannat, to make life easy for u use wakanow. they are online travel agent, they wud help u secure ur turkisk airline airfare. its about 1856k/. google them.its hassle free!!! cheers

Tx.Am dv 2011 nt 2010.Pls hw much in particular?Hw can i get their contact.Cheers

Ajaylagos,

@ hannat, CONGRATULATIONS to u and ur family as u move to Obama Country. May the Favour of God rest upon u. Sorry If i may ask, Do baby's also pay for flight ticket?

Hello ALL,

Let us continue to focus on GOD cos he remains forever.He said he will make our dreams come true,AMEN.

WE SHALL ALL CELEBRATE ON THIS FORUM,AMEN.

SUCCESS TO ALL OF US IN JESUS NAME.

Hello my fellow Brothers and Sisters in the house. Pls i wuld like u guys to help me with this few questions?
If u look at DS-230 form number:

(12) Wat did u fill as ur OCCUPATION?

(13) Telephone number (Office)

(32) List below all employment for the last Ten years? and

(32) In wat Occupation do u intend to work in the United States?

Pls let me know wat u wrote there. U know i'm working and i dont want my office to know about the lottery if i eventually win.
Secondly, do u know if US Embassy or KCC normally contact ur office for any info about the job? I want to do it in a low profile bcos i dont want anyone to know untill i peacefully resign.

Thanks

Hello my fellow Brothers and Sisters in the house. Pls i wuld like u guys to help me with this few questions?
If u look at DS-230 form number:

(12) Wat did u fill as ur OCCUPATION?

(13) Telephone number (Office)

(32) List below all employment for the last Ten years? and

(32) In wat Occupation do u intend to work in the United States?

Pls let me know wat u wrote there. U know i'm working and i dont want my office to know about the lottery if i eventually win.
Secondly, do u know if US Embassy or KCC normally contact ur office for any info about the job? I want to do it in a low profile bcos i dont want anyone to know untill i peacefully resign.

Thanks

Pls answer the questions as you see them sincerely. They are pretty much straight forward questions to me. Note that the minimum requirement for ur Visa is WAEC, other questions are for record purposes. If you have an occupation then Answer, Telephone number office simply means number which they can reach you in the office. If not applicable to you, then N/A is ur ans, but if you have two phone numbers u can put ur other number. Then ur employment from the latest. with dates. Then if you are a graduate, and probably working in Nigeria, you can give them what Occupation u want to work should they give you visa. It doesn't mean they will find you a job. But if you know ur rights, u can go ask them after visa collection how they intend to help you fit into the system. Initially US is very tough, but gradually when you get into the system, it is so sweet! Ask as much questions as u can, when necessary!

Good luck!

To Add to what I wrote, I also work, and KCC would not verify anything from your office. Ur WAEC alone should get u to the states. I have my visa( wife n I) have got my ticket, but I am still typing from my office. They dont have any idea I am leaving them. Just applied for my annual leave. Would resign when I get to the states by Gods grace! Good luck!