• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 Lucky winners from Nigeria meet HERE!

@Jed-i, Sorry if i may ask, Wat is the DOB used while u were applying for the EDV entry? Wat is the DOB u used while u were sending ur documents to KCC? Pls note dat ur DOB must not contradict eachother cos u will av serious problem while u are been interviewed. Let us know soonest.

I used my real DOB, 04/12(Dec 4) same with all my documents except for my passport having 12/4(April 4)....Meaning my passport is the only contradiction! Waiting for ur response!

Good day folks, i have been out for a very long time, nevertheless i am fine.

Just to inform the house that my family and i will be jetting out tomorrow to Houston Texas.

Ajalagos what is happening?

one love.

Hi Joequi,

Congrats to you and your family for safe trip & landing.

If I'm not wrong, I seems to be the last man standing from the DV 2010 winners that's yet to jet out. I actually waited till now cos I had a professional exam to write in November of which the certificate will be an advantage in the U.S. I sat for the exam few days ago & just resumed from leave today. So having sat for the exam, the next is for me to jet out. I'm gonna join you guys next month by His grace.

@Ayoblack, hope you are doing good? I'm gonna holla you man.

One Love.

I used my real DOB, 04/12(Dec 4) same with all my documents except for my passport having 12/4(April 4)....Meaning my passport is the only contradiction! Waiting for ur response!

Pls quickly go to the nearest passport office to do another passport immediately and give them the correct DOB. One love bro!

Hello forumites, i need your clarification. I went 2 NPC office to collect my birth certificate today and instead of a certificate, i was given attestation of birth and they said dats what dey give to older people. is it normal?, will it be accepted at the consulate?.

Hello forumites, i need your clarification. I went 2 NPC office to collect my birth certificate today and instead of a certificate, i was given attestation of birth and they said dats what dey give to older people. is it normal?, will it be accepted at the consulate?.

yes it is acceptable that was what we use and that is what the embassy recognises. all the best

Hi Joequi,

Congrats to you and your family for safe trip & landing.

If I'm not wrong, I seems to be the last man standing from the DV 2010 winners that's yet to jet out. I actually waited till now cos I had a professional exam to write in November of which the certificate will be an advantage in the U.S. I sat for the exam few days ago & just resumed from leave today. So having sat for the exam, the next is for me to jet out. I'm gonna join you guys next month by His grace.

@Ayoblack, hope you are doing good? I'm gonna holla you man.

One Love.

Ajalagos,

Yooh men, we are doing great here, Ohis and ddoonn have started work. We are expecting you soon. Still waiting for our SSN and Gree card.

One love

My man, please arrange another passport to avoid complications during your interview.

One love

2nd appointment

happy sunday every1,
pls av had my interview n was told to get sum doc.s then email LagosIV wen i prefer 2 come wt doc.s. My story is on 2011 Nig thread. Av maild dt am ready but av not received any reply.Pls wat i wil like 2 know is
* am i supose 2 wait 4 next visa buletin since january buletin is out now?
* am i goin 2 meet same CO dt i met?
* hw long does it usualy take 2 get d 2nd appointmnt?
Thank u 4 ur response

Dear forumites,

We received our Welcome letters yesterday, however there were some mistakes on my children last names. I called them this morning and it has been fixed.

One love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad for Nigeria, at this same time for DV 2010 cut-off for Nigeria was at 14,000.

It is well.

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN FEBRUARY

For February, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2011 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 26,100 Except: Egypt 20,200
Ethiopia 15,000
Nigeria 12,100
ASIA 14,850
EUROPE 17,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 7
OCEANIA 810
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 900

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks be to God, I have made the Change in DOB on my passport; all my documents are in order now, though it was a long shot, but it was worth it! So I am headed to Lagos for Medicals and police report!

Pls, I want to ask: How long (days) does it take to start and finish medicals? I know police report will take about a Day! Need answers as soon as possible to know how many days to prepare for as I don't live in Lagos!

Dear Forumites,

I just got y Green card and social security number today, just exactly a month we landed in Obama land.

One love

Happy New Year To U All. I wish those going for interview this year a successful one. Joequi how are u doing? Call me, we need to talk

Dear all, i have received letter of appointment for January. i have fiiled in the DS forms that i will be going with my family but i decided to go alone now bcos of the issue i have with my case number 2011OC000003** and i have an aged mother my wife will look after. i hope this will be acceptable by the embassy.

Please advice.

Hi famfad, i don't understand your situation too well. You filled your ds form as a family person, right? Why are they or she not going with you? Because you have an aged mother, right? Don't you have any relations or friends that can look after your mother? I don't think the embassy will take such reasons and grant only you visa. And once any member of your family loses this fiscal year, it might take nothing less than 5 years to get even a visiting visa. So i would advice that you all get the visa, get it activated. Then she can come back to stay with your aged mother. While she'll travel to u.s once or as many times a year as you can afford. Please do not risk going to interview alone!! Best of luck...

Hello house,

I'm glad to inform the house that the last me standing from the DV 2010 winners has finally entered the U.S. I got in Sunday the 2nd of Jan.

Joequi, Ayoblack, Ohis, Ddoon e.t.c already in the states, I'm glad to join you guys.

We shall all posess our possession by His grace.

Happy new year to you all.

One love.

@ Ajaylagos, i wish you all the best

Congrats. We thank God for your safe landing. We wish you all the best in your future carrer in America. We would join you guys over there in no distance time. God willing. All the best!