• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Guys, One question related to MMR vaccines. I took a single dose recently. Do I need to take another dose after 4 wks again or that is enough. I fall under age group of 27-40.
What did you guys do? Please share.

Hello good people,

Got my passport stamped yesterday! Still waiting on the welcome letter and PDA update. I had a soft LUD on 09/13/2010 and a hard LUD today (09/15/2010) but it wasn't PDA, just another CPO. Two CPO's . . . . . anyone ever experienced this?

Hi shariifka,

The interview itself does not mean
much until you get your CPO which
means approval. The most recent
applicants has been getting their
cards within around two weeks
after their CPO's. My estimation is:

* You'll get your Welcome Letter this week.
* You'll get your PDA next week.
* You'll get your card by the end of next week or beginning of the last week of FY.

Don't worry, you are safe...

Hello good people,

Got my passport stamped yesterday! Still waiting on the welcome letter and PDA update. I had a soft LUD on 09/13/2010 and a hard LUD today (09/15/2010) but it wasn't PDA, just another CPO. Two CPO's . . . . . anyone ever experienced this?

Hi capeolive
I have a quick question for you. I had my unexpected interview today morning. I will explain you guys about the unexpected part later. Anyway, the interview was really short and the lady said that she will approve my case and my card will arrive in mail in 2 weeks but the problem is she didnot give me anything stating that i will get my green card neither she stamped my passport. I am confused please let me know.
Thanks

Hi Capeolive,

Thanks for the re-assuring response. just thought it was weird for that to happen.

Hi shariifka,

The interview itself does not mean
much until you get your CPO which
means approval. The most recent
applicants has been getting their
cards within around two weeks
after their CPO's. My estimation is:

* You'll get your Welcome Letter this week.
* You'll get your PDA next week.
* You'll get your card by the end of next week or beginning of the last week of FY.

Don't worry, you are safe...

Hi winee10,

Congratulations on getting your green card
I hope it brings goodness to your life...

Thank you capeolive. It indeed changes our lives for good. You know what, I have been in US for almost 7 years on F2 visa without being able to work or study. Now I can at least start my studies without worries. I wish you will be able to join with your family very soon.

thanks God! i did my interview today and i think it was good. but the officer told me that im scheduled for the 21st of September for my biometrics appointment instead of October the 4th coz at that time the fiscal would be over. so hopefully im going back to the field office on Tuesday Sept 4th to get my biometrics done. and the following week i would be aware of my decision Inch'Allah. but the problem is my passport did not get stamped. what do u think about that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi insaneanil,

You have disappeared like most others.

There is some "mystery part" about your
case that I don't know.

Can you tell me when you have done your
biometrics?

Also, can you tell me your field office?

If everything is OK at the interview it is
normal not to get any "approval document"
They rarely give it most of the time they don't.
You should check your case status when it
moves to CPO it means you are approved.

There is not much time left do not disappear!

Hi capeolive
I have a quick question for you. I had my unexpected interview today morning. I will explain you guys about the unexpected part later. Anyway, the interview was really short and the lady said that she will approve my case and my card will arrive in mail in 2 weeks but the problem is she didnot give me anything stating that i will get my green card neither she stamped my passport. I am confused please let me know.
Thanks

Thank you winee10. Use your new
status wisely. You have my best...

Thank you capeolive. It indeed changes our lives for good. You know what, I have been in US for almost 7 years on F2 visa without being able to work or study. Now I can at least start my studies without worries. I wish you will be able to join with your family very soon.

Hi winee10,

You should go to your social security office
and apply. Most of the places you can do it
as walk-in. If you already have one replacement
takes about 10 days. If you have never had one
before it takes 3 to 4 weeks. You might need your
green card and passport to apply, if you already
have one you need that as well...

does anyone apply for SSN after getting green card. How soon can I get it after applying?

Miscommunication again!

There is not much time left!

You should go to ASC tomorrow
and do a "walk-in" biometrics!
(Of course if you have time!)

thanks God! i did my interview today and i think it was good. but the officer told me that im scheduled for the 21st of September for my biometrics appointment instead of October the 4th coz at that time the fiscal would be over. so hopefully im going back to the field office on Tuesday Sept 4th to get my biometrics done. and the following week i would be aware of my decision Inch'Allah. but the problem is my passport did not get stamped. what do u think about that?

i told the officer that i'm a student , if she can allow me to do my biometrics test today after my interview , she said no . but basically i'm not the only one in that position she affirmed because all DV winner 2010 was there today got all scheduled for next for their biometrics. the problem is i dont have a car i rent it. i think i'm gonna wait to see.

Hi suu5,

You are the last one I know of...

You have my best wishes and prayers
for your tomorrow's interview...

Have a smooth one and come back with
good news...

Guys, do I need to take 2 MMR Vaccines or just a single dose is sufficient. Please advise. I fall under age group of 27-40. Thanks.

i told the officer that i'm a student , if she can allow me to do my biometrics test today after my interview , she said no . but basically i'm not the only one in that position she affirmed because all DV winner 2010 was there today got all scheduled for next for their biometrics. the problem is i dont have a car i rent it. i think i'm gonna wait to see.

zubi,
let me tell you the reality of the situation. they will not grant you any approval until they get the results of your biometrics. the results takes time and that is what you don't have. if you wait till sept 21 you may not make it on time for the end of sept. just like capeolive said - walk in to your asc and do your biometrics tomorrow!

if she said she will approve ur case. Got your i 94 and wait for ur green cArd then u r fine tjat means the case has been approved just wait till tomorrow and u will see CPO. I dont know which FO u r at. I was at dallas fo and i went through the same thing i disnt get nothing on written. If u want to have ur passport stamped check ur status online. If it say CPO u can go to the FO and ask them to stamp for u. But if u dont need it. U can wait for couple more weeks for ur real green card to arrive.
Hi capeolive
Thanks

yea u cannot afford loosing more time. Best wishes zubi. And i dont think renting a car would hurt.
zubi,
let me tell you the reality of the situation. they will not grant you any approval until they get the results of your biometrics. the results takes time and that is what you don't have. if you wait till sept 21 you may not make it on time for the end of sept. just like capeolive said - walk in to your asc and do your biometrics tomorrow!

Ah...nice...."wait to see" !!
yeah, things will be alright.....prob is..... what if??

Pal, even if you do the Bios the case MAY NOT, I repeat... it may not..... move if you do not 'remind them' (ie. Infopass) that you did your bios!!
Hopefully the IO is a 'sensible' person who would keep the DV cases in the loop before 30th....BUT...what if....?
Did the IO give you any contact details, phone, email etc?

Try your luck with a walk in to the ASC at least onetime...asap.... before 21st and see how it will go. Justify your reqst for walk in due to DV time limit.

When you are done with the Bios, sooner or later, afetr about 2-3 days, contact the IO OR, for God's sake do an Infopass!!

Best!!

PS: I wished many of the others had this kind of 'cool' attitude, especially those DV11 Oct current ppl !!

Hey Summet, I asked KCC about my NL and they said they would email me one in 3-5 business days. Did they tell you the same thing when you got your 1NL via email ( If I remeber it correctly, I think you requested your 1NL from KCC). Did you have to follow up with them to get one ( after 3-5 days) , or did they send you 1NL via email on time. Please share!