• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Guys,

I have always been F1 and never filed for OPT. I do not remember having an A number. Or do I have somewhere and don't know about it? Should I leave the space provided for it blank or mention "None".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi khayat,

You should write "none" or "n/a", don't leave it blank...

Hi Guys,

I have always been F1 and never filed for OPT. I do not remember having an A number. Or do I have somewhere and don't know about it? Should I leave the space provided for it blank or mention "None".

Thanks Capeolive,

I am pretty sure I do not have the number. Like I said I have always been F1 and the A number is issued after getting EAD card right?

1: since you have been here for a while now, do you remember other F1 students from DV 2010 who did not have A number as well?
2: what if 1 in a million I am wrong and there is a number somewhere issued to me, would it cause a problem or they would just look it up for me?

Thanks

Hi khayat,

You should write "none" or "n/a", don't leave it blank...

Hi khayat,

* A # is issued to students when they are on OPT.

* If 1 in a million you have it and you don't provide it
most likely it won't cause anything grave. But since
as far as you know you do not have it just put down
"n/a" Even when you make a mistake in the forms
they usually return it for you to correct it. Of course they
check the information you provide them and make sure that
everything matches up...

Thanks Capeolive,

I am pretty sure I do not have the number. Like I said I have always been F1 and the A number is issued after getting EAD card right?

1: since you have been here for a while now, do you remember other F1 students from DV 2010 who did not have A number as well?
2: what if 1 in a million I am wrong and there is a number somewhere issued to me, would it cause a problem or they would just look it up for me?

Thanks

I got my Green card on Sep 10. Thanks for all who keep this forum going.

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys,
its nice to see so many of you are still in here. I have been reading all your entries but haven't write anything for a while. So, m just writing to make sure i m in touch with this forum. Congrats to all of you who have received the green card and started your new life. And all of you waiting for your process to move on i wish all the best.
And capeolive you are doing a great great job. hats off my friend. I have a quick suggestion to you-- you should join a law school. You can be a good immigration lawyer. And nobody will have bitter experience with the lawyers as of Summet.

Hi nepal2010,

Good to see you around...

I have been at the same place for too long
due to legalization issues. I am planning to
upgrade my education and do something
better. I am almost free but not quiet...

I hope you yourself are planning to use your
new status wisely. You have my best...

hey guys,
its nice to see so many of you are still in here. I have been reading all your entries but haven't write anything for a while. So, m just writing to make sure i m in touch with this forum. Congrats to all of you who have received the green card and started your new life. And all of you waiting for your process to move on i wish all the best.
And capeolive you are doing a great great job. hats off my friend. I have a quick suggestion to you-- you should join a law school. You can be a good immigration lawyer. And nobody will have bitter experience with the lawyers as of Summet.

Hi maila,

I know there is a time difference but
you have my best wishes and prayers
for your upcoming interview in your
country. Come back with good news...

Thanks Sharifka! I hope u get yours soon as well and enjoy your new status to the fullest!
Congratulations LeTigreNoire,

All the best. It's good you were actively following the progress of your case (aggressive), take credit for that! Being passive so late in the fiscal year is costly.

Hope you get your card soon.

Hello maila,

I hope that you and your family have a smooth and successful interview. Let us know how it went when you get the chance.

Best of luck!!!!!

PS: I really am sorry that I am not able to follow up with the thread, I have been really busy lately. Good luck to everyone!

my case is weird because i received my interview letter before my biometrics letter
my interview is for 09-15-2010
my biometrics test is for 10-04-2010
how can you explain that?

Hi zubi,

Somehow you haven't been taking care of your
process properly. I have been asking you about
your "biometrics" but you have never answered
my question. If we cannot communicate we cannot
operate...

Despite that you have got two options:

* Go to ASC Center with biometrics letter
and the other documents tomorrow morning
and do a "walk-in" biometrics.

* If you think that you don't have time to do it
then go to the interview without biometrics see
what they will come up with.

I should warn you that without doing biometrics
in time you cannot get approved on time before
the fiscal year ends...

my case is weird because i received my interview letter before my biometrics letter
my interview is for 09-15-2010
my biometrics test is for 10-04-2010
how can you explain that?

Hi i2009,

It is good to see you around. I miss the good
old times...

The big time is coming up for us, just around
the corner, I will post it as soon as we are done
with it. Thank you for asking, though...

Hello Capeolive,

When is your family scheduled for the Consular Interview?

Hi everybody:
I asked KCC via email to change my address and they said in response... Information provided will be included in your case file for review. Does anybody know what does that mean? I am worried because I might not get my 2NL at my proper address.
Thanks.

Hi feel,

I would give them 30 days before taking
any actions. Your number won't be current
soon, so little patience won't hurt.

As long as you file necessary address change
forms and inform KCC you can change your
address as many times as you want. You do
not have to live at the same address throughout
the process...

Hi everybody:
I asked KCC via email to change my address and they said in response... Information provided will be included in your case file for review. Does anybody know what does that mean? I am worried because I might not get my 2NL at my proper address.
Thanks.

Hi zubi,

Despite "miscommunication" with you I won't
make an exception by not doing a post before
your interview.

You have my good wishes for tomorrow...

Dear 2010 friends,
I have a question about my status. I am a F1 and have been working as a research assistant and can keep up on that for another year. If I apply for AOS on October, do I need to get "EAD" to be able to keep working or I can stay or my F1 non-immigrant status and keep my position based on how it was before sending my application?

Anybody in the same situation? any thought?
much appreciate it in advance.

Hi khayat,

In general what is expected of DV AOS
applicant is to "maintain his/her status while
his/her case is pending"
So, you don't
have to apply for EAD in order to continue
what you have been doing, you just have
to maintain your status meanwhile.

On the other hand since applying for EAD
is free it wouldn't hurt to apply for it if you
wish to do so. I would apply for it "just in
case"
, who knows it might become handy...

Dear 2010 friends,
I have a question about my status. I am a F1 and have been working as a research assistant and can keep up on that for another year. If I apply for AOS on October, do I need to get "EAD" to be able to keep working or I can stay or my F1 non-immigrant status and keep my position based on how it was before sending my application?

Anybody in the same situation? any thought?
much appreciate it in advance.