• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi Capeolive,
Is it normal not to get the 2NL for 2 months now. I called KCC yesterday and they told me it can take up to 12 weeks..wow!! That is heck lot of time they are taking, isn't it? Do you know anyone from AOS 2010 forum with a similar experience.
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi! i have some questions:
what do i need to bring to my interview ?
what kind of questions i will be asking for?
i'm a F1 student CAse ## 2010AF61xxx
field office maiterie, LA (10 miles away from new orleans, LA)

What does your interview letter say? Also do not forget to take all the original documents including all your passports and I-134 (affidavit of support) from a sponsor. Besides dig in this forum and there is detail information on that regard. You just have to have little bit patience to go though all the relevant pages...

Hi feel,

Last year things were much faster, I got mine
in 8 days. But you should compare yours with
2011 applicants, check their signatures.

When you called KCC did they confirm that they
have received DSP-122 you have sent and updated
your information?

Hi Capeolive,
Is it normal not to get the 2NL for 2 months now. I called KCC yesterday and they told me it can take up to 12 weeks..wow!! That is heck lot of time they are taking, isn't it? Do you know anyone from AOS 2010 forum with a similar experience.
Thanks.

Hi zubi,

I will answer your question but would you
first tell me when you have done your biometrics?

hi! i have some questions:
what do i need to bring to my interview ?
what kind of questions i will be asking for?
i'm a F1 student CAse ## 2010AF61xxx
field office maiterie, LA (10 miles away from new orleans, LA)

Well, I stayed quiet for a while because I was getting frustrated with the Atlanta field office...The people in charge of scheduling and the infopass were not really good at getting their stuff together...At this point I do not want to complain becacause I got approved...But my worries are what would have happend if I hadn't been so aggressive? I would have run out of time and probably out of recourse...
Anyways God is great and today my status shows CPO...

God bless all on this forum....I think this forum isa virtual family and it definitely helped me stay strong and composed...
Hi LeTigreNoire,

I did not know that you were going to
be interviewed today...

Anyways, I am glad to hear that your interview
was successful. Check your case status when
it moves to CPO it means you are approved in
the system...

Congratulations, I hope your new status serves
you the best...

Hi Capeolive,
They confirmed the receipt of my DSP-122 form but said it is waiting to be processed. I am just afraid they might send my 2NL to my old address which I originally used while filling out DV lottery. I have updated my current address at #3 on DSP-122 though. Please suggest!

Hi feel,

Last year things were much faster, I got mine
in 8 days. But you should compare yours with
2011 applicants, check their signatures.

When you called KCC did they confirm that they
have received DSP-122 you have sent and updated
your information?

Hi feel,

If you have not done so already:

1. Call and email KCC to update your address,
2. Change your address through USPS,
3. File an AR-11 form through USCIS...

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/f...650F51B_k7AB86357-8EDA-0CA1-1769-8264E4A40D90

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

Hi Capeolive,
They confirmed the receipt of my DSP-122 form but said it is waiting to be processed. I am just afraid they might send my 2NL to my old address which I originally used while filling out DV lottery. I have updated my current address at #3 on DSP-122 though. Please suggest!

Hi Capeolive,

Thank you so much. Indeed it was a good day . . . more than one thing to be happy about.

Hi shariifka,

Good news on a good day.
Congratulations on getting
the approval. I hope you get
your card soon. May the card
you are about to get betters
your life in this land...

Hi feel,

If you have not done so already:

1. Call and email KCC to update your address,
2. Change your address through USPS,
3. File an AR-11 form through USCIS...

https://moversguide.usps.com/icoa/f...650F51B_k7AB86357-8EDA-0CA1-1769-8264E4A40D90

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

Thanks. I have changed my address at #3 on DSP-122, is not that sufficient. Yes, I already changed my address with my school through email and also with USCIS using AR-11. Since I moved twice after I entered DV-2011 lottery so I did COA through USPS twice. I do not know if letter addressed to my first apt ( Address KCC has on file upto now) will be forwarded to my current Apt. I have heard they send the letter with return service requested or use Fedex, in which case forwarding will not work anyway...please suggest!
Also is there any chances that my 2Nl will be sent to my old address that I used while filing DV-2011?

Hi feel,

Call KCC and make sure that they have your
most recent address in their system. Since
they are the ones who send the 2nd NL they
will send it to your new address providing that
your address is updated in their system...

Thanks. I have changed my address at #3 on DSP-122, is not that sufficient. Yes, I already changed my address with my school through email and also with USCIS using AR-11. Since I moved twice after I entered DV-2011 lottery so I did COA through USPS twice. I do not know if letter addressed to my first apt ( Address KCC has on file upto now) will be forwarded to my current Apt. I have heard they send the letter with return service requested or use Fedex, in which case forwarding will not work anyway...please suggest!
Also is there any chances that my 2Nl will be sent to my old address that I used while filing DV-2011?

Congratulations LeTigreNoire,

All the best. It's good you were actively following the progress of your case (aggressive), take credit for that! Being passive so late in the fiscal year is costly.

Hope you get your card soon.

Well here we are! This is the end of the journey for me I finally: received my green card...
Thanks to all of you that answered my questions, supported my case, encouraged me...!!!
Best of luck to all of you that are still waiting.
All the best to all of you that already received your Card!

Dear forum friends,
I ve been absent for a while due to several personal problems :( It is hard to catch-up all posts from the last few weeks but I want to give a general congrats to all of the DV2010 who finally got the green card for the month of september!!! ( Summet - I searched for ur posts just to get the ending details of ur GC jorney :) CONGRATS!
Capeolive: How is everything going with your family?
Well my # is not current yet but in a way it is better because I ve lots to do to get ready!!! I am really happy for all of you and I am sincerly hope that all the 2011 winners can also have the same happy ending!

Hi FrenchiC,

Congratulations on getting your green card.
I hope the card you got serves you the best
in your life here...

Well here we are! This is the end of the journey for me I finally: received my green card...
Thanks to all of you that answered my questions, supported my case, encouraged me...!!!
Best of luck to all of you that are still waiting.
All the best to all of you that already received your Card!

Hi R2010,

It is good to see you back.
I know there are only very
few of us left who are filing
under 245 (i) but if you add

under section 245 (i)

to your signature it would be
helpful to anybody who might
file under 245 (i)...

Dear forum friends,
I ve been absent for a while due to several personal problems :( It is hard to catch-up all posts from the last few weeks but I want to give a general congrats to all of the DV2010 who finally got the green card for the month of september!!! ( Summet - I searched for ur posts just to get the ending details of ur GC jorney :) CONGRATS!
Capeolive: How is everything going with your family?
Well my # is not current yet but in a way it is better because I ve lots to do to get ready!!! I am really happy for all of you and I am sincerly hope that all the 2011 winners can also have the same happy ending!

@R2010 thanks a lot. I areally appreciate you looking for my status. I am glad I made it to the end with the suggestions from this forum.
and congrulates to all the people around here with the good updates on their cases." shariifka", "FrenchiC" and everyone else congratulations.
@ maila best of luck for your comming interview again.....

and thanks a lot capeolive for being around al the time. and nepal 2010, for building my confidence. If you wouldnt have told me that I am getting the same IO that you had and she is cool i would be stressing my self up.
@ zubi- if you are F-1 dont stress out a lot, there is not a lot of question they can ask you except your school, date of entry, your major and the easy stuff, nothing that will be tough on you. to me they asked my major, name of college, my full name, name of my father and mother, current adress, and the last date of entry to states, that was it and some few questions from I485, yes, no questions.

P.S- I also send a thank you note to my lawyer for taking good care of my case and sending me back by documents, coz if she was to be taking care of this case, i would still be wondering if i will be getting my GC.

Thanks Capeolive for your good wishes and prayers.

We had our interviews on 09/09/2010. The officer asked for my interview letter, and I explained I didn't get one. It turns out my letter was posted but just never got delivered. Capeolive, thanks - good that you advised that I go all the same.

The interview itself was routine. The officer asked questions relating to the 1485. As my wife is the DV winner, most of the questions were directed to her. He asked for my letter of employment, and confirmation of my salary, which I had. He made a big issue of the fact that my birth certificate missed out a letter in my last name :-(. Finally, he asked for a copy of my payroll statment, which I hadn't carried. So he gave me a form and asked me to drop it the next day. Also, my wife's biometrics were messed up and she was asked to take another biometrics test, which she did the same day. Due to not having my payroll statement and my wife having to redo her biometrics, we didn't get an answer. I guess we can expect a letter in the mail during the course of next week.

Dear all

I have a question. I'll be current in Nov. and I want to send my package at October 1. do you think it's OK regarding 50 days rule or I should wait until Nov.1

Hi Damus,

I am glad to hear that you are almost there.
Check your case status when it moves to CPO
it means you are approved. Since there is not
much time left schedule InfoPass for each
coming week. In order to get your cards
you have to get approved in their system
which is CPO. In case you get CPO but not
the cards by the end of the month it'll be
better to go to the FO to get your passports
stamped.

Please, keep us posted when you get your cards...

Thanks Capeolive for your good wishes and prayers.

We had our interviews on 09/09/2010. The officer asked for my interview letter, and I explained I didn't get one. It turns out my letter was posted but just never got delivered. Capeolive, thanks - good that you advised that I go all the same.

The interview itself was routine. The officer asked questions relating to the 1485. As my wife is the DV winner, most of the questions were directed to her. He asked for my letter of employment, and confirmation of my salary, which I had. He made a big issue of the fact that my birth certificate missed out a letter in my last name :-(. Finally, he asked for a copy of my payroll statment, which I hadn't carried. So he gave me a form and asked me to drop it the next day. Also, my wife's biometrics were messed up and she was asked to take another biometrics test, which she did the same day. Due to not having my payroll statement and my wife having to redo her biometrics, we didn't get an answer. I guess we can expect a letter in the mail during the course of next week.

Hi js7,

It is not a hard written rule but because of a memo
in the past they have been tolerant to the applicants
who apply around 50 days in advance.

Mostly the applicants whose numbers get current late
in the fiscal year apply 50 days in advance but there
were also people whose numbers were current in November
but applied in October. I do not know any applicant who
filed 50 days in advance and his/her file was returned.
It is still your call but under the conditions I would do it...

P.S. I take it you know that you cannot send in any applications
before the FY (October 1, 2010)

Dear all

I have a question. I'll be current in Nov. and I want to send my package at October 1. do you think it's OK regarding 50 days rule or I should wait until Nov.1

Last edited by a moderator: