• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi suu5,

If you do not have "sufficient annual income" you
should go to the interview with an I-134 form.

You do not want to lose any time at this point
in the fiscal year...

Hi all,

I received my interview letter. But it asks me to bring following documents to the interview.
All passport, I-94, USCIS notice, Photo ID, A current letter of employment, 3 most current Federal 1040 TAX returns and w-2's, ...

I'm on F1. I'm wondering why they ask me all these documents?
Any ideas?

Hi khayat,

The things they do/might check are:

* If it is a real passport.
* If it is valid.
* Your US Visa(s)
* Your I-94.
* If you overstayed.
* Countries you have visited.

You might get "some questions" depending on your passport,
where you are from, the countries you have visited etc...

Hey guys,
At the interview, what do they check in the passports that they require all of them? Just curious.

Thanks again capeolive and I like the idea of finding hidden treasure...lol.

I noticed on the NL2 I received the second paragraph starts off with the following information:

You MUST submit the Diversity Visa (DV) "Notification Letter" we sent to you to the USCIS office nearest your place of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status.

Does this imply we need to either mail or take a copy of the Notification Letter to the nearest USCIS (Im in Dallas, TX) or I would only need to submit this to USCIS when I send the I-485 when my number becomes current?

Hi wheetiebix,

Unfortunately that information is wrong.
The DV AOS package is sent to Chicago.
Then they transfer it to NBC, in Missouri.
Then it is transferred to your local Field
Office for interview.

Unfortunately the information package that
they send sometimes makes things more
complicated.

Thus, it is very important that you learn the
process for yourself.

There are a lot of details and "The devil is in the details..."

Thanks again capeolive and I like the idea of finding hidden treasure...lol.

I noticed on the NL2 I received the second paragraph starts off with the following information:

Does this imply we need to either mail or take a copy of the Notification Letter to the nearest USCIS (Im in Dallas, TX) or I would only need to submit this to USCIS when I send the I-485 when my number becomes current?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,
At the interview, what do they check in the passports that they require all of them? Just curious.

khayat,
besides what capeolive has replied, i'd like to add that the ao asked for my old passports too. she wanted to see all my old u.s. visas. i suggest bringing your old expired passports along for the interview as well.

Thanks leongsce and capeolive.

khayat,
besides what capeolive has replied, i'd like to add that the ao asked for my old passports too. she wanted to see all my old u.s. visas. i suggest bringing your old expired passports along for the interview as well.

Hey guys i was just wondering which picture u get in ur green card. The pic that u took during ur biometrics or the one u sent to chicago for AOS. I got tje pic from biometrics for my work permit card. Had nothin to think of so just wondering.

Hey guys i was just wondering which picture u get in ur green card. The pic that u took during ur biometrics or the one u sent to chicago for AOS. I got tje pic from biometrics for my work permit card. Had nothin to think of so just wondering.

summet,
biometrics picture.

Thank you Capeolive and NuvF,

Knowing about form I-134 was really good to know. Actually during my study, my mom is sponsoring from abroad. How can I prove this?

please tell me :confused:

hi...guys
will I receive a letter that with my social security number after I got my CG?
or go to local social security office to apply one?
and about the driver license, do I also need to change status from student to permanent residents? cuz first time I apply for driver license was a tourist.

Thanks for any answers:)

Hi Zuno,
THose are not big deals now! Just relax for couple of days. As far as I know, you can go to SSN office after about 10 days until their database is updated. For DL, you can just show your GC and get a permanent DL with 5 years expiration date.

hi...guys
and about the driver license, do I also need to change status from student to permanent residents? cuz first time I apply for driver license was a tourist.

Hi Summet,

The biometrics one...

Hi suu5,

Rather than past they do look at the future.
How you are going to make a living here and
if there is a risk that you might become a public
charge. So, for that it will be wise to get an I-134.

The sponsor has to be living here in US but does not
have to be a US citizen or permanent resident. You
don't have much time, if I were you I would find a sponsor
as soon as possible. Read the instructions for yourself
so that you know what to ask for...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Knowing about form I-134 was really good to know. Actually during my study, my mom is sponsoring from abroad. How can I prove this?

please tell me :confused:

Hi zuno,

You should go to social security office and do
it yourself. As for driver's license every state
has different practice. If you have a temporary
license you can go to motor vehicle/driver's license
center and replace it...

hi...guys

guys, I just checked my mail and got my GC>>>>>It looks awesome. Let me spend some time with it alone and I will update you all about the experience....
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND SPECIAL THANKS TO CAPEOLIVE>>>>

hi...guys

zuno,
again i agree with capeolive.

i went to my local soc sec office to apply. i already received the new soc sec card within a week. my old one had a condition that states "only authorised to work with dhs permission". now the new soc sec card has no conditions at all.
as with driver's lic ... mine has not expired so i need not change anything. but as capeolive said ... if yours is temporary or other status you will need to visit dmv to renew it to new one that has no condition.

Hi Capeolive, Summet or other DV AOS experts,
I got a copy of my medical examination from the civil surgeon, and one of the box on page 4 of I-693 form "name of the applicant" left blank. Does the doctor have to fill out that box or can be left blank? My name is written on the first page of the form. Also should I write "N/A" on the A number box, I left that box blank since I did not have A #. Do I need to go back to the Doctor to fix it or I will be fine?

Thank you guys.

Hi Summet,

Congratulations on finally getting your card.
You couldn't have done better even with your
ex-lawyer. From where to where, you got rejected
first and then now the plastic. What can I say:
"Plastic it does a body good..."

Enjoy your freedom, but enjoy it "responsibly".
I hope the card you got brings stability to your
life.

Thank God with your deeds who has brought your
case from rejection to this point, to the sweet
green one...

guys, I just checked my mail and got my GC>>>>>It looks awesome. Let me spend some time with it alone and I will update you all about the experience....
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND SPECIAL THANKS TO CAPEOLIVE>>>>