• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi sagarghimire,

Yes, when/if you want to switch to CP:
Email KCC
Send them a mail (Certified, FedEx etc.)
Call them later may be in two weeks to confirm it...

Also, if you add your number and location to your signature
it would be helpful for the others...

Thanks Cape. You mean to send certified mail to KY address, is that right?

Update on My Case!

Hi friends,

I received a mail from the Field Office requesting me to file
"another" I-824 for my family because the original one was
"administrative closed".

This mentioned I-824 was filed in 2007 was closed at one point
then was reopened with "motion to reopen" and transferred to
the Field Office on March 2010 for further processing.

They even took my phone number to call me last time I was at the FO.

That's a shame they are still going their old ways!

Hello capeolive,

I am positive sure that you will succeed, hang in there and keep fighting! As you have said, there is injustice, it is not fair that we are put in hands of inoperable people.

Although I have to recognize that my IO was professional, the USCIS have that policy of "wait, wait, wait" and the fact is that while we are waiting things are not moving or going in the wrong direction.

On the bright side, I think it is good to know that they are working on your case.

Best of luck to you!

Hi i2009,

thank you so much!!!
It's an amazing feeling walk through the streets
and feel the freedom all around:D:D:D
Glad to see you around!
You have my best.

Hello new one,

I am very happy for you; having that little card in my wallet makes me feel different as well. I wish you good luck in your new job.

Hi, Capeolive, Sogdian, Nuvf, Summet and all.
Wish you good luck to your cases. Today I had called KCC and told me that my field office requested my file and they sent it yesterday. So do you believe that I will get my interview letter soon. I love to hear from you guys.

06/05/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
04/10/10 Cut-Off for June
05/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago
05/12/10 Checks are cashed AOS
05/25/10 NOAs
06/04/10 Bio
Waiting for interview letter

Hi i2009,

The letter they sent me was due to the service request.
The person sent it did not even check the file even used
the wrong date which I had had to give them on the phone
to be able to start the service request.

When the file was transferred to the field office beginning of
March I requested another service request. They sent me an
email stating that the case was "pending"

Yes, my immigration officer was professional as well but
unfortunately did not know the process, neither did his supervisor.
I told them how it needed to be done but apparently they have not
listened. I also told them they can contact with the embassy but no
they have not done that either. They just sent it to the wrong place.
When I was there a month ago they did not even tell me where they
had sent it. I am working on it if they need "headache" to send it to
the US Embassy they will indeed get it.

They just need to correct their mistake in time...

Hello capeolive,

I am positive sure that you will succeed, hang in there and keep fighting! As you have said, there is injustice, it is not fair that we are put in hands of inoperable people.

Although I have to recognize that my IO was professional, the USCIS have that policy of "wait, wait, wait" and the fact is that while we are waiting things are not moving or going in the wrong direction.

On the bright side, I think it is good to know that they are working on your case.

Best of luck to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi teamworks,

It is indeed good news that WFO had requested the transfer of your file
and KCC did the transfer. Unfortunately file's being there does not guarantee
that they are going to follow through.

I would schedule an InfoPass for the beginning of August and
if don't get any letter by then go to the InfoPass and then act
accordingly.

For now it is good news but you have to follow through...

Wish you good luck to your cases. Today I had called KCC and told me that my field office requested my file and they sent it yesterday. So do you believe that I will get my interview letter soon. I love to hear from you guys.

06/05/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
05/25/10 NOAs
06/04/10 Bio

Hello
Is anybody dealing with the local office in Atlanta?
I thought that because they sent me to the Charleston Office for my biometrics the same office will be in charge of scheduling and handling my interview. However, I just talk to USCIS 800 # and they told me that the Atlanta field office is in charge of my case for the interview. Is anybody currently dealing with this office or know of previous users experience based on this blog?

05/ 11 2009: Winning Package received
05/12 2009: sent out AOS and DSO I and II (375)
05/14/2009 AOS was delivered in Missouri
05/15 2009 DSOI & II delivered in Williamsburg KY
06/03/2009 Received second letter from Kentucky stating USCIS will handle case
06/05/2009 Received receipt DV receipt fee
04/09/2010 Current in June
05/11/2010 Medical done (160)
05/10/2010 Sent package to Chicago Lockbox (930 + 80)
05/13/2010 Package delivered
05/21/2010 Received I-797C NOA
06/01/2010 Case is transferred USCIS Local office by KCC
06/07/2010 Received Biometric appointment letter for 06/23
06/23/2010 Biometrics done

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
I thought that because they sent me to the Charleston Office for my biometrics the same office will be in charge of scheduling and handling my interview. However, I just talk to USCIS 800 # and they told me that the Atlanta field office is in charge of my case for the interview. Is anybody currently dealing with this office or know of previous users experience based on this blog?
Thanks!

Hi LeTigreNoire,

I am not in Atlanta FO but it would be nice if you could add your CN, location and abit about your case in signature so that you will get better access to info in this forum. Just a thought. Good luck.

Hi LeTigreNoire,

There wasn't anybody who mentioned Atlanta this fiscal year.
You might check the following link for interview experiences.

http://visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cty=Atlanta GA&page=1&dfilter=5

Also, please add your signature, your case number, location etc.
Unfortunately some people have never added their signatures
so we do not know much about them I bet you one of them was
from Atlanta, GA...

Hello
Thanks!

Update Interview Date

Hi,

We just received our letter for the interview in US embassy back home. We are excited and with mixed feeling. But certainly we are ready buy tickets now. Do you guys suggest that we should also get the court record/ police record from our city? If yes, does any one has experience getting it?

Another quick question: What supporting document we need to support (affidavit of support)? We don't to ask lot to sponsor for their personal info. Pls suggest.

Thank you Capeolive, NuV, i2009, newone,Nokira,chooti, Sumeet and everyone (whom I forgot to mention their names). Now, I am going to enjoy my days and keep coming back to this forum to help and share my time.

good to hear about that teamworks and I thanks for your wish, I am still waiting on my mail from the FO for the interview till todays date havent head any thing about it. I am just hoping to get it soon. If i dont hear till this week then I have my infopass for this tuesday that's gonna be the 28th of july. Hope I will get it before that or during my visit they will give me some good updates over my case.

06/05/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
05/25/10 NOAs
06/04/10 Bio

Awesome!!!!!best of luck for your interview maila. I am sure that, the card is waiting for you. thats why with all them complications you are there. My best wishes. have faith.
Hi,

We just received our letter for the interview in US embassy back home. We are excited and with mixed feeling. But certainly we are ready buy tickets now. Do you guys suggest that we should also get the court record/ police record from our city? If yes, does any one has experience getting it?

Another quick question: What supporting document we need to support (affidavit of support)? We don't to ask lot to sponsor for their personal info. Pls suggest.

Thank you Capeolive, NuV, i2009, newone,Nokira,chooti, Sumeet and everyone (whom I forgot to mention their names). Now, I am going to enjoy my days and keep coming back to this forum to help and share my time.

Hi capeolive,
After you post this link for LeTigreNoire, I also wanted to check the link for Dallas FO. And the rating was good for Dallas. However, I didnt find any case for the DV lottery instead most were from marriage. The rating was 4.1 out of 5 which I consider as a good rating and most of the people who got he post were very satisfied with the interviewer. This makes me feel comfortable.
I am just worried about my interview letter, because I was not called for biometrics and I dont know how to keep track of my application and how they gonna handle my case.
Hi LeTigreNoire,

There wasn't anybody who mentioned Atlanta this fiscal year.
You might check the following link for interview experiences.

http://visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cty=Atlanta GA&page=1&dfilter=5

Also, please add your signature, your case number, location etc.
Unfortunately some people have never added their signatures
so we do not know much about them I bet you one of them was
from Atlanta, GA...

Hi Guys?
I sent my package to Chicago.
Now I don't know what I need to do.
Do I need to make appointment with INFOPASS?
How can I complete BIO and NOAS?

----------------------
2010AS00028XXX
Jul/2009: NL1
Jun/10/2010: Case number current in August
Jun/13/2010: Sent DOS fee $375
Jun/14/2010: Medical Done
Jun/19/2010: DOS fee received PAID stamp
Jul/19/2010: AOS Package to Chicago
Jul/20/2010: AOS Package-Delivered status

Hi maila,

Congratulations on the interview letter.

Supporting documents can be financial information and legal status etc.
Make them as official as possible like notarization. It is not required but
indeed won't hurt.

You should also get supporting documents about yourselves as well.

Good luck to you in your country. Keep us posted...

Hi,

Hi Summet,

Just schedule an InfoPass for the first week of August.
Dallas has been a good place so far but you should
follow through.

I would make an infoPass once a week until I get an interview letter.
I hope everything goes OK if not there are more things that can be done...

Hi capeolive,
After you post this link for LeTigreNoire, I also wanted to check the link for Dallas FO. And the rating was good for Dallas. However, I didnt find any case for the DV lottery instead most were from marriage. The rating was 4.1 out of 5 which I consider as a good rating and most of the people who got he post were very satisfied with the interviewer. This makes me feel comfortable.
I am just worried about my interview letter, because I was not called for biometrics and I dont know how to keep track of my application and how they gonna handle my case.

Hi suu5,

Your check should be cashed soon and you should get your NOA.
Then you should receive a biometrics appointment.

For now you should just be patient...

Hi Guys?
I sent my package to Chicago.
Now I don't know what I need to do.
Do I need to make appointment with INFOPASS?
How can I complete BIO and NOAS?

----------------------
2010AS00028XXX
Jul/2009: NL1
Jun/10/2010: Case number current in August
Jun/13/2010: Sent DOS fee $375
Jun/14/2010: Medical Done
Jun/19/2010: DOS fee received PAID stamp
Jul/19/2010: AOS Package to Chicago
Jul/20/2010: AOS Package-Delivered status