• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi suu5,

Also please add your information:

2010AS00028XXX
Jul/2009: NL1
Jun/10/2010: Case number current in August
Jun/13/2010: Sent DOS fee $375
Jun/14/2010: Medical Done
Jun/19/2010: DOS fee received PAID stamp
Jul/19/2010: AOS Package to Chicago
Jul/20/2010: AOS Package-Delivered status

as signature. To do that Log in / Settings / Edit Signature / Paste your information / Save.

Also add your field office, thanks...

Also in order for us to see your signature you should check the little box at the bottom left that reads Show your signature.

Hi Guys?
I sent my package to Chicago.
Now I don't know what I need to do.
Do I need to make appointment with INFOPASS?
How can I complete BIO and NOAS?

----------------------
2010AS00028XXX
Jul/2009: NL1
Jun/10/2010: Case number current in August
Jun/13/2010: Sent DOS fee $375
Jun/14/2010: Medical Done
Jun/19/2010: DOS fee received PAID stamp
Jul/19/2010: AOS Package to Chicago
Jul/20/2010: AOS Package-Delivered status

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi LeTigreNoire,

By the "signature" we mean your time line, number location etc.
Like mine for instance. You can write your time line there and save it...

05/20/09 1st NL
08/21/09 2nd NL
02/05/10 Cut-Off for April
02/08/10 AOS Pckg to Chicago

sorry! finaly got it

Hi capeolive,
I will buy your idea. I just cancelled my infopass for this coming week and going to make the another one for august 2 since august 1 is sunday. I hope I will get the letter by then if not I can get some help ful information about my case during the infopass session. Now since the countdown has begun, I am here worried and a little scared with a whole lots of what ifs????
Hi Summet,

Just schedule an InfoPass for the first week of August.
Dallas has been a good place so far but you should
follow through.

I would make an infoPass once a week until I get an interview letter.
I hope everything goes OK if not there are more things that can be done...

Hi,

We just received our letter for the interview in US embassy back home. We are excited and with mixed feeling. But certainly we are ready buy tickets now. Do you guys suggest that we should also get the court record/ police record from our city? If yes, does any one has experience getting it?

Another quick question: What supporting document we need to support (affidavit of support)? We don't to ask lot to sponsor for their personal info. Pls suggest.

Thank you Capeolive, NuV, i2009, newone,Nokira,chooti, Sumeet and everyone (whom I forgot to mention their names). Now, I am going to enjoy my days and keep coming back to this forum to help and share my time.

Hi maila,

congratulations!!!! Great news!
It's coming soon!

For I-134 your sponsor has to provide:
copy of green card or US passport
statements from the bank for the current year
tax returns for 2007, 2008 and 2009
employer letter
signed form I-134

Also read the instructions for CP.
Read the first letter you got from the KCC.
You have to provide police certificates, and court records.
And also military records.
Best of luck!!!

Hi,

We just received our letter for the interview in US embassy back home. We are excited and with mixed feeling. But certainly we are ready buy tickets now. Do you guys suggest that we should also get the court record/ police record from our city? If yes, does any one has experience getting it?

Another quick question: What supporting document we need to support (affidavit of support)? We don't to ask lot to sponsor for their personal info. Pls suggest.

Thank you Capeolive, NuV, i2009, newone,Nokira,chooti, Sumeet and everyone (whom I forgot to mention their names). Now, I am going to enjoy my days and keep coming back to this forum to help and share my time.

Congratulations maila, I heard you about the mixed feelings. Everything will be alright, just get everything you need ready.

As for the affidavit of support, if you don't feel comfortable asking all that private financial information to your sponsor, you can ask him/her to provide the affidavit of support and all supporting documentation in a closed envelope and that you will only give it to the CP officer -if required-

I am very happy for you and keep us posted!

Hey Sogdian,
Any news since your interview?
hello every one.
i would like to return the favor by filling you in on the interview i had on july 13. by favor i mean the immeasurable amount of help i got reading this forum where your posts had smth valuable for me and when they didn't i asked and you guys replied. although i never helped any of you in anything i thought it would be very irresponsible from my side not to update you on my interview.
long story short i waited too long for my interview. during this period i complained to uscis ombudsman twice as some of you suggested. it actually worked i guess, because two weeks after i complained for the second time i received a call from local office that told me that my interview was scheduled. and also i received my interview letter.
for the interview i equipped myself with the following: expired passport, i94, all i20s, work permit from my opt and green card application, birth certificate and high school diploma with translations, status letter from school,first and second letters from kcc and also an employment offer letter from a local pizza shop. dressed casually.
interview took about 10 minutes or more. i swore, i answered the questions from the application i submitted. io took her time to make sure that i was legal for each day of my presence in the us. that's were my six i20s and the opt card came in. no financials questions were raised and i did not have a reason to show the employment offer letter.
i was a bit worried but not too much. io was helpful and made me feel at home. i spoke when she wanted me to, did not say anything more that she asked for and did not gave her anything that she did not mention about.
in the end she said my case is "approvable". to approve she said they would need my case from kcc which they had not received. she told me that i will hear from them by mail. i hope this will not be a problem. i hope in two weeks i will no longer be an f1 (i will continue the school though).
p.s. and using this forum i would like to apologize uscis infopass officers and uscis 1800 number guys for calling the idiots and morons and ......... and ....... and etc

Congratulations maila, I heard you about the mixed feelings. Everything will be alright, just get everything you need ready.

As for the affidavit of support, if you don't feel comfortable asking all that private financial information to your sponsor, you can ask him/her to provide the affidavit of support and all supporting documentation in a closed envelope and that you will only give it to the CP officer -if required-

I am very happy for you and keep us posted!

Thank you i2009,newone, Capeolive, Sumeet and all others for best wishes. I am hopeful that everyone in this forum becomes green.

Hi new one,
For I-134, do sponser really have to provide all the W2s and Copy of his/her GC ? Would not just a letter from his/her employer and bank statements sufficient?
It is hard to ask him/her for her SSN and GC info, isn't it?
Thanks
Hi maila,

congratulations!!!! Great news!
It's coming soon!

For I-134 your sponsor has to provide:
copy of green card or US passport
statements from the bank for the current year
tax returns for 2007, 2008 and 2009
employer letter
signed form I-134

Also read the instructions for CP.
Read the first letter you got from the KCC.
You have to provide police certificates, and court records.
And also military records.
Best of luck!!!

I am also having hard times here finding the sponsor, I don't know whom to ask for and what to tell him coz nobody I know has that financial stability to be a sponsor. For now I am not thinking about it at all, just trying to get my letter for interview and I hope I will find some one by then. But like Sagarghimire said, I can get some one to just fill up that form for me, but getting their tax return and bank statement is a little bit hard.

I-134

Hi new one,
For I-134, do sponser really have to provide all the W2s and Copy of his/her GC ? Would not just a letter from his/her employer and bank statements sufficient?
It is hard to ask him/her for her SSN and GC info, isn't it?
Thanks

Its funny how a botched attempt by USCIS to coerce people to produce an un-enforceable 'legal document' is showing up un-intended consequences !!

I-134 was supposed to work the other way around, a willing sponsor is signing it to bring in to US a prospective visa holder he/she badly need to come to US .
Originally this was intended to get some 'responsibility' on to the shoulders of GC, H, F etc visa holders in USA who wants to 'sponsor' their 'close' family and friends on B visas.
So they were willing to part with all and any supporting docs.

And then there was DV....and a determination that I-864 , a legal and an enforceable document, is unfair on the very spirit behind DV.....and the need for a scapegoat !!

So now, a prospective and willing visa seeker needs to run around looking for a sort of 'semi-willing' sponsor!!

The list the 'new one' gave is the 'comprehensive' list what a sponsor in the 'original intention' would supply.

For others, get to a 'some what' willing sponsor, explain the situation and at least, at least get the copy of last tax return with the corresponding W2. (in addition to ID docs)

PLAN B:

Discuss the matter with a 'known' sponsor, tell him/her to prepare the from with copies of supporting docs and keep it. Get to intvw with your own financial strength and see how it goes. However if one do not have the minimum needed financial strength, then there is no choice but to go with an i-134. I am glad that at least some embassies do say up front this is not needed and seek just a letter from someone in US. (which is legally just as good as an i-134)

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys I got one more question from you. Can the job offer letter be a good document. I Rented a house from one of the guy who owned a fast food place and helped him for a month in return for my rent for that month. I asked him to be my sponsor, he refused it but instead told me that he can give me a job offer letter. So, I was wondering if thats gonna be helpful.

Guys I got one more question from you. Can the job offer letter be a good document. I Rented a house from one of the guy who owned a fast food place and helped him for a month in return for my rent for that month. I asked him to be my sponsor, he refused it but instead told me that he can give me a job offer letter. So, I was wondering if thats gonna be helpful.

Something is better than _______________ !!

what want to add on this is..its just from what i have seen so far, non of the people I know close who had their interview for DV were asked for the letter of sponsorship and I haven't seen any place where it mentions that its one of the mandatory document. However, all the people I knew were on tourist and student visas. I havent done all the research but who ever where asked for the I134 here in the forum, I believe most of them were on H1 or some other visas.
I will be glad if some one can explain the trend coz at this point I am really having difficulty finding any one willing to give the letter of sponsorship and even if i find some their income is not enough to be an sponsor.
P.S. when nepal2010 went for his interview this june at the dallas FO he wasn't asked for the I134 not even a single time. I just wanted to be in the safe side so I am looking for the alternatives...
I-134

Its funny how a botched attempt by USCIS to coerce people to produce an un-enforceable 'legal document' is showing up un-intended consequences !!

I-134 was supposed to work the other way around, a willing sponsor is signing it to bring in to US a prospective visa holder he/she badly need to come to US .
Originally this was intended to get some 'responsibility' on to the shoulders of GC, H, F etc visa holders in USA who wants to 'sponsor' their 'close' family and friends on B visas.
So they were willing to part with all and any supporting docs.

And then there was DV....and a determination that I-864 , a legal and an enforceable document, is unfair on the very spirit behind DV.....and the need for a scapegoat !!

So now, a prospective and willing visa seeker needs to run around looking for a sort of 'semi-willing' sponsor!!

The list the 'new one' gave is the 'comprehensive' list what a sponsor in the 'original intention' would supply.

For others, get to a 'some what' willing sponsor, explain the situation and at least, at least get the copy of last tax return with the corresponding W2. (in addition to ID docs)

I know that but what if that something is not worth anything. But I think I will get it anyways and take it and keep it for the interview..

Grt! take it easy and do what you can do.
Just put everything you got on the table and see what they say....that's the only way to be sure!!

Thanks, I will try to get it. for now I am worried about getting the interview letter, once I get it I will get the sponsor letter no matter what, I might be able to find some people who may do it for some cash.
Well, the bottom line is their own age old principle........."a need to fulfill extra requirements/documents will be assessed on case-by-case-basis"

Hi, Capeolive, Summet, Nuvf, Sogdian and all who has been so helpful replying my post. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart. The Good news is that I have got the Interview letter for 08/16. Which I was waiting desperately. Thank you to you all for your valueble suggestions. and wish you good luck with your cases and will always pray for you.

Hi Teamworks, Congrats! I am wondering what is your case number (range) and where is your field office?

Hi, Capeolive, Summet, Nuvf, Sogdian and all who has been so helpful replying my post. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart. The Good news is that I have got the Interview letter for 08/16. Which I was waiting desperately. Thank you to you all for your valueble suggestions. and wish you good luck with your cases and will always pray for you.