• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Thanks Summet, but the FO information link does not have information on DV AoS cases I think.
How is everything going at your end? Expecting letter next week..huh? Goodluck!

We have one member from our own forum who had such a great luck. I wont mention the name but as a hint, his signature is all colorful, so the answer is yes, but at the same time its rare.

about your inquiry for the the FO in San Antonio
check this link....this give you the overview of the FO
http://visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=&cty=San+Antonio+TX&dfilter=5

yes..summet, I know your case and wish we all best luck :)
about the infopass, what is that I saw lot's post mention about that, but still don't know what that is XP, is a form or call by the phone?

leongsce..
I'll try next week see what happens :)

Zuno,
i dont think that you have to be in such a rush , your whole process is going in its speed and every thing looks fine, with my calculation of chooti, you are supposed to get your letter by the end of month:) and me a day after you since I am been behind by a day in this process:rolleyes:, If u dont get anything till auagust then I would suggest going to infopass and ask them about the progress since our number is supposed to be current and we applied about a month in advance and havent heard about the interview. so they should be able to locate our file, if its already there in FO, getting a letter is not that far. for now pray....and have faith.
P.S. I know I am the one who is been more scared and giving you this advice, but u know my case...

Dear All,
I am a DV 2011 winner, and congratulation to all who have won too :)..happy for you..My question is , i am in an F-1 visa status now and i have already got my 2NL and am about to file my I-485 (have not filed it yet) , before filing my I 485..i was trying to visit my sister in ireland but am really confused if i should travel and if there is a risk while returning to the US. Since i have shown immigration intention ..that could really get me in trouble wouldn't it? Please reply
CN: 2011ASxxx16xxx
5/25/10 - 1st NL
6/13/10 - Sent DSP-122 + 2 photos + Barcode to KCC
6/17/10 - Delivery Confirmation
7/18/10 - 2nd NL

Hi sagarghimire,

It is possible but very rare something happens like once
every other year. This FY Norkira from Detroit MI
got her card in the mail without an interview. Her sign was
online status' moving to CPO. Then we started thinking she
would get the card without interview and she indeed did.
Miracles are indeed possible but they are very rare.
This is something like a miracle inside a miracle.

Is it possible for someone to receive GC in mail without having to do interview while one is doing AoS? Any thoughts just for the heck of it!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi sagarghimire,

There has been nobody from San Antonio that I know of this year.
You can check the following links for different AOS interviews there.

http://www.trackitt.com/usa-discuss...83/aos-interview-experience-at-san-antonio-tx

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75840

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/260070-aos-interview-results/

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126088

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.php?45839-AOS-Interview-Experience-San-Antonio-TX

Anyone from San Antonio TX Field Office here? I am wondering how this office is regarding dealing with DV cases. Thanks

Hi sdang003,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on being a winner this year.
First of all you should know that you cannot file anything before fiscal
year starts which is October 1, 2010. You should also wait for your
number to be current. This FY similar numbers were current in
January. Some people have waited until January 1 to apply. Some
have applied around November 10 when December Visa Bulletin
was out and Advanced Notification for January was showing that
their numbers were going to be current in January.

Also, as far as I am concerned "immigrant intent" starts when you file
I-485. At this point your case starts pending and you shouldn't be travelling then.
You should confirm it by calling USCIS.

Please, educate yourself in DV AOS applications USCIS does not have
many experienced people in DV cases sometimes unintentionally they
might misguide you. It is also worse with the some of the lawyers.
You can read this forum and check the links in the forum for starters.
Good luck to you in your process...

Dear All,
I am a DV 2011 winner, and congratulation to all who have won too :)..happy for you..My question is , i am in an F-1 visa status now and i have already got my 2NL and am about to file my I-485 (have not filed it yet) , before filing my I 485..i was trying to visit my sister in ireland but am really confused if i should travel and if there is a risk while returning to the US. Since i have shown immigration intention ..that could really get me in trouble wouldn't it? Please reply
CN: 2011ASxxx16xxx
5/25/10 - 1st NL
6/13/10 - Sent DSP-122 + 2 photos + Barcode to KCC
6/17/10 - Delivery Confirmation
7/18/10 - 2nd NL

Do you have any ideas if this FO is pretty good regarding DV Aos related case? Also I live nearby Houston but I dont know why USCIS site shows my FO as San Antonio. How will KCC determine the FO for one? Thanks for any information.

Hi sagarghimire,

The Field Office that does the interview is chosen by USCIS
according to your zip code. You have no say on it.

You can switch to CP if it is suitable for you if you decide to do so...

Do you have any ideas if this FO is pretty good regarding DV Aos related case? Also I live nearby Houston but I dont know why USCIS site shows my FO as San Antonio. How will KCC determine the FO for one? Thanks for any information.

I just want to add one thing on it capeolive,
@sagarghimire: you are getting way too confused also the case number is good and u will be getting ur interview something about june or july or next yr and so far DV interview as I have seen is a easy going interview where the IO dont get very tough on you so stop thinking about all those things now and do your homework, as per your FO how can you gurantee that Houston is better than San Antonio??have faith and take it easy for now..
Hi sagarghimire,

The Field Office that does the interview is chosen by USCIS
according to your zip code. You have no say on it.

You can switch to CP if it is suitable for you if you decide to do so...

Zuno,
infopass is the one to one appointment with the IO in the FO, where you can ask the question regarding your case in person so that you can have a better view of the case. However, from the previous experience of our members in the forum hasn't been so pleasant. They were more confused after having the infopass session than they were before because of the insufficient knowledge of the IO in the FO. However, this doesn't mean that the whole idea is completely misleading. They might be helpful on other cases. On my last infopass, the lady I talked to just told me that I am not eligible to apply for the AOS when I asked her why my case was declined and with much request I got to talk to the guy who had a little knowledge about the DV and was able to help me a little. The only reason I want to go to infopass this time is because I want to know if they have got my file yet rather than asking them any question regarding the case, they helped locate my file last time so hopefully they will do it this time as well..I hope you have got it..\
here is the link for infopass
https://infopass.uscis.gov/infopass.php
yes..summet, I know your case and wish we all best luck :)
about the infopass, what is that I saw lot's post mention about that, but still don't know what that is XP, is a form or call by the phone?

leongsce..
I'll try next week see what happens :)

Summet, You are right I cannot tell which field office is better, but I am wondering why my local USCIS office is San Antonio although Houston is nearby.
I wish you goodluck!

thanks for your wishes sagarghimire, I didn't paid the difference because when I called KCC they told me that I dont have to because i Paid the fee before july 13 and t make sure I even emailed them they told me the same thing so I will take that email with me in case I am asked about it in the interview.
here is what I got:
Thank you for your inquiry.

If you have paid the $375 adjustment fee before July 13, 2010, the $440 amount does not apply.

Email: KCCDV@state.gov
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Thanks Summet. I hope you will get your interview letter coming week. Wish you all the best!
Did you pay the $65 fee (difference) to DOS?

well good luck. if you have everything needed there is not much to worry about.

and i learned local office did not request anything. and i cant make an appointment for infopass. they are too busy for at least for another couple of weeks. i will again write to usics ombudsman again. i hope it will get them moving.
and i am thinking of flooding kcc mailbox with complaints and requests to send my file. i don't know if it will work. it is looooong shot.

because of those ...........and ........ who work in my local office i missed my brothers wedding. it was today.
yours truly
sogdian

Hi, Capeolive, Summet, Nuvf, Sogdian and all who has been so helpful replying my post. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart. The Good news is that I have got the Interview letter for 08/16. Which I was waiting desperately. Thank you to you all for your valueble suggestions. and wish you good luck with your cases and will always pray for you.

Hi, Capeolive, Summet, Nuvf, Sogdian and all who has been so helpful replying my post. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart. The Good news is that I have got the Interview letter for 08/16. Which I was waiting desperately. Thank you to you all for your valueble suggestions. and wish you good luck with your cases and will always pray for you.

Congratulations teamworks!

Hi everyone,

I just have a general question about the next step.
I called KCC to check if by any chance my file was sent and it was last Thursday!
So my question is what would be the steps and timeframe after biometrics?
How long before the files goes from Missouri to Field Office and then how long after the Field Office receives the file for the interview...
Thank you for your help!
And duly noted capeolive if my number is current in september no interview will be scheduled before that!

Hi FrencfiC,

There are basically two files:

1. DV Case file at KCC.
2. AOS file at NBC (National Benefits Center) this is the file you sent to Chicago lockbox originally.

P.S. Some applicants who have previous AOS applications have A-File at their Service Centers.

After the biometrics and before the interview both of the files are sent to the local office.
In most of the cases interviews are not conducted before the number becomes current.
Even if they do the interview they cannot approve the person due to not having access
to visa numbers.

I will post some guidelines on how NBC works. I posted it about three months ago but
it might be helpful for the new applicants...

Hi everyone,

I just have a general question about the next step.
I called KCC to check if by any chance my file was sent and it was last Thursday!
So my question is what would be the steps and timeframe after biometrics?
How long before the files goes from Missouri to Field Office and then how long after the Field Office receives the file for the interview...
Thank you for your help!
And duly noted capeolive if my number is current in september no interview will be scheduled before that!