• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2010 AOS Only

Hi sagarghimire,

He/she has to provide 2009 tax return information also bank and employment information
in a specific way. Please read the instructions to have an understanding for yourself...

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...toid=fe3647a55773d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD

Hi new one,
For I-134, do sponser really have to provide all the W2s and Copy of his/her GC ? Would not just a letter from his/her employer and bank statements sufficient?
It is hard to ask him/her for her SSN and GC info, isn't it?
Thanks

Hi Summet,

If you cannot get it don't worry about it too much.
Worse comes to worst and they insist on it you can
get it later. But keep searching at least asking around
for the B plan in case you need it...

I am also having hard times here finding the sponsor, I don't know whom to ask for and what to tell him coz nobody I know has that financial stability to be a sponsor. For now I am not thinking about it at all, just trying to get my letter for interview and I hope I will find some one by then. But like Sagarghimire said, I can get some one to just fill up that form for me, but getting their tax return and bank statement is a little bit hard.

Hi Summet,

He can give you some job offer stating that he is willing to give you
such and such job when you get your card. Because he cannot hire you
now.

It will only be better than nothing though...

Guys I got one more question from you. Can the job offer letter be a good document. I Rented a house from one of the guy who owned a fast food place and helped him for a month in return for my rent for that month. I asked him to be my sponsor, he refused it but instead told me that he can give me a job offer letter. So, I was wondering if thats gonna be helpful.

Hi Summet,

To make your job easy the sponsor DOES NOT have to be a citizen or green card holder.
If you check the first page of the form 1. e. you will see that legally admitted non immigrants
are also accepted...

This might make your job at least easier...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

what want to add on this is..its just from what i have seen so far, non of the people I know close who had their interview for DV were asked for the letter of sponsorship and I haven't seen any place where it mentions that its one of the mandatory document. However, all the people I knew were on tourist and student visas. I havent done all the research but who ever where asked for the I134 here in the forum, I believe most of them were on H1 or some other visas.
I will be glad if some one can explain the trend coz at this point I am really having difficulty finding any one willing to give the letter of sponsorship and even if i find some their income is not enough to be an sponsor.
P.S. when nepal2010 went for his interview this june at the dallas FO he wasn't asked for the I134 not even a single time. I just wanted to be in the safe side so I am looking for the alternatives...

Hi teamworks,

Congratulations on receiving the interview letter in rather such a short time.
I guess WFO got all the experience they needed in DV cases after sogdian's case...

Please, add your signature when posting. Thank you...

Hi, Capeolive, Summet, Nuvf, Sogdian and all who has been so helpful replying my post. Thank you so much from bottom of my heart. The Good news is that I have got the Interview letter for 08/16. Which I was waiting desperately. Thank you to you all for your valueble suggestions. and wish you good luck with your cases and will always pray for you.

Hi new one,
For I-134, do sponser really have to provide all the W2s and Copy of his/her GC ? Would not just a letter from his/her employer and bank statements sufficient?
It is hard to ask him/her for her SSN and GC info, isn't it?
Thanks

Hi sagarghimire,

I remember that some guy from NYC
was asked to bring copy of sponsors GC.
And also tax returns for the current year.
Instructions are clear!
Why risk! It's better to be on the safe side.
I asked a lot of people. Tree agreed.
First sponsor signed but at the end he didn't have
enough income. Than the other almost signed.
But gave up at the end.
And finally the third one signed, and provided me
every and each document from the list.
And my IO looked at all of them and than stamped
my passport.
Keep looking! This is a big chance to change your life.

Update on my Case!

Hi friends,

As you know I have been working to get the mistake
done with my case corrected. I have been working on
several fronts. Sometimes it gets really frustrating.

Anyways finally Philadelphia Field Office got my file back
from the National Records Center where they had sent it
by mistake. Instead they had to send it to the US Embassy
in my country.

The Embassy requested the file last week. Field Office
contacted the Embassy on how to proceed. They are trying
to do it without losing more time. There are still some
complications needed to be solved though.

My file is still here as of today but I saw that FO has been
working on it to correct the mistake. I am still hopeful.

I do not know what the outcome will be but;
I would like to thank "the good woman" the supervisor
on the first floor who has been working on the file with
"a human touch" you are my angel. Also the other good
lady on the first floor that spoke up for me. Also supervisor
on the third floor who is working on the file herself to correct
the mistake which was done by probably some negligent
person without an ill-intention. I thank you all, I hope this
mistake is corrected in timely manner so that I do not lose
my right. Thank you all, kindly...

Hi I just went through the instructions for I-134 but could not locate where it says we need copy of GC or W2. It simply says Bank statements and Employer Letter . Is that right?

Hi sagarghimire,

I remember that some guy from NYC
was asked to bring copy of sponsors GC.
And also tax returns for the current year.
Instructions are clear!
Why risk! It's better to be on the safe side.
I asked a lot of people. Tree agreed.
First sponsor signed but at the end he didn't have
enough income. Than the other almost signed.
But gave up at the end.
And finally the third one signed, and provided me
every and each document from the list.
And my IO looked at all of them and than stamped
my passport.
Keep looking! This is a big chance to change your life.

Hi I just went through the instructions for I-134 but could not locate where it says we need copy of GC or W2. It simply says Bank statements and Employer Letter . Is that right?

Hi sagarghimire,

my advice is bring everything you can with you.
I had more than they asked.
I even brought a certificate that I am not married.
Just wanted to be on the safe side.

I was asked in my interview letter to bring:
< Furnish an original letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and
Federal Income Tax returns or an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary
and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US, an original letter of employment on
company letter head, W-2's and Federal Tax returns for the current year.>

She first asked me for Form I-134. I gave her all papers,
then she asked me for my letter of employment.

capeolive,
that's great news!
God will fulfill your prayers ... and i will pray for you and your family.
God bless.

That means you were well informed in writing. Thanks for this information.

Hi sagarghimire,

my advice is bring everything you can with you.
I had more than they asked.
I even brought a certificate that I am not married.
Just wanted to be on the safe side.

I was asked in my interview letter to bring:
< Furnish an original letter of employment on company letter head accompanied with your W2's and
Federal Income Tax returns or an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134, from a sponsor, with all necessary
and supporting financial documents including proof of status in the US, an original letter of employment on
company letter head, W-2's and Federal Tax returns for the current year.>

She first asked me for Form I-134. I gave her all papers,
then she asked me for my letter of employment.

Read from your time line...seems my case is pretty tight....@_@

zuno,
i saw that you are also from the l.a. field office. i think the folks at this office is working pretty fast. maybe i'd like to suggest this .... call the asc that you are going to do your bio and tell them whether it is ok for you to come in earlier ... like next week. they are normally not very busy. the one i went to in pomona was quite empty, in the afternoon. since i read that some people do walk-ins for their bio, i think they may let you. no harm trying. because once that is over with, the next step is your interview. at this stage, just try calling them and move it forward.
i will keep you updated with my progress, so that you will know what to expect.
good luck.

Thanks..leongsce

For early doing Bio, I'm afraid that will curse the whole process mess up. will it?

zuno,
i saw that you are also from the l.a. field office. i think the folks at this office is working pretty fast. maybe i'd like to suggest this .... call the asc that you are going to do your bio and tell them whether it is ok for you to come in earlier ... like next week. they are normally not very busy. the one i went to in pomona was quite empty, in the afternoon. since i read that some people do walk-ins for their bio, i think they may let you. no harm trying. because once that is over with, the next step is your interview. at this stage, just try calling them and move it forward.
i will keep you updated with my progress, so that you will know what to expect.
good luck.

thanks a lot for your answers, just like you mentioned I am trying to do it through the straight way, if nothing happens till I get my interview letter, I have plan B like you said. And I am sure once I get my interview letter, I will get some other way to get the letter.
and I am happy that now things are looking good for you, I am sure the journey of ur family is reaching its destination and u soon will have a reunion.
Hi Summet,

To make your job easy the sponsor DOES NOT have to be a citizen or green card holder.
If you check the first page of the form 1. e. you will see that legally admitted non immigrants
are also accepted...

This might make your job at least easier...

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134.pdf

Zuno,
i dont think that you have to be in such a rush , your whole process is going in its speed and every thing looks fine, with my calculation of chooti, you are supposed to get your letter by the end of month:) and me a day after you since I am been behind by a day in this process:rolleyes:, If u dont get anything till auagust then I would suggest going to infopass and ask them about the progress since our number is supposed to be current and we applied about a month in advance and havent heard about the interview. so they should be able to locate our file, if its already there in FO, getting a letter is not that far. for now pray....and have faith.
P.S. I know I am the one who is been more scared and giving you this advice, but u know my case...
Thanks..leongsce

For early doing Bio, I'm afraid that will curse the whole process mess up. will it?

Thanks..leongsce

zuno,
i don't think it will. what happens after bio is that there will be a soft lud in your case status. we all know how long the name check process takes, for me i will want to get it done as fast as possible. at this stage i will try, the worst case is that they say no and you continue with your appt date.
good luck.

Anyone from San Antonio TX Field Office here? I am wondering how this office is regarding dealing with DV cases. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it possible for someone to receive GC in mail without having to do interview while one is doing AoS? Any thoughts just for the heck of it!!! :)

We have one member from our own forum who had such a great luck. I wont mention the name but as a hint, his signature is all colorful, so the answer is yes, but at the same time its rare.

about your inquiry for the the FO in San Antonio
check this link....this give you the overview of the FO
http://visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=&cty=San+Antonio+TX&dfilter=5
Is it possible for someone to receive GC in mail without having to do interview while one is doing AoS? Any thoughts just for the heck of it!!! :)